Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 3:13 PM
Relationship mod - possible?
Is it possible to make a mod that makes a new relationship? Just curious.
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 3:20 PM
You mean a mod that creates a relationship between two sims that didn't have one previously? They'd probably need to know each other in some way first, but I'm certain that's possible in some fashion (and indeed, mods to change relationship levels already exist). Almost any type of mod is possible, though - it just requires the right level of skill and knowledge. If you're interested in making mods, mosey yourself on over to the Create section for info and help on that. If you're just looking for preexisting mods, the Help section has a Where Can I Find sub-section that you can ask for mods to do what you're looking for.

In future though, please use descriptive thread titles.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 4:56 PM
I dont mean that I was looking for one that says "Serves" as in a butler/maid w/o needing LN
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#4 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 5:08 PM
Is it possible? Yes. Does it serve a useful purpose? No. So...not gonna do it. Have fun.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#5 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 5:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
You mean a mod that creates a relationship between two sims that didn't have one previously? They'd probably need to know each other in some way first{...}
Nah, everything to create a relationship from scratch is already there in the code. It's just a matter of calling it. There's really no point to it, though.

Quote: Originally posted by Pollenfairy
I dont mean that I was looking for one that says "Serves" as in a butler/maid w/o needing LN
Is it remotely possible that you don't mean relationship, but interaction? Or something like that?

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Field Researcher
#6 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 10:08 PM
a few mods like MasterController allow you to make a relationship with someone you've never met.

I'm cooler than cool! I'm stupid!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 10:08 PM
a bit of both
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#8 Old 31st Jan 2011 at 12:10 AM
Both relationship and interaction? Now we know you're confused! The two don't have a great deal to do with each other.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 31st Jan 2011 at 2:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pollenfairy

Are you looking for the ability to set up a D/s-type relationship between two sims? If so, you'd be best off talking to one of the creators of adult hacks.

(Ancient) Sims 2 stories | Adventurous, Bookworm, Eco-Friendly, Genius, Over-Emotional