Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

2017 Calendar Contest Winners! - posted on Today at 12:07 AM
Replies: 1017 (Who?), Viewed: 351585 times.
Page 41 of 41
Lab Assistant
#1001 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_wolf_12
And, uh, doesn't require the latest patch. I refuse to let Origins molest my computer with its ghastly, crusty callused fingers.

There's a version of CAW out for Sims 3 1.69, and for those of us who are stuck with 1.69, it seems to work as well (and as badly) as the older CAW did with 1.67.

http://gb.thesims3.com/game/tools/world
Scholar
#1002 Old 25th Sep 2016 at 9:12 AM
Haha. Just checked my Version, still on 1.66. I wouldn't actually mind having a go at CAW. I mean, I'd give up two roads in. Or, like, half way through the first floor of a building, but I've always wanted to see how it works. I have some ideas for a city world.

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Field Researcher
#1003 Old 25th Sep 2016 at 3:42 PM
I still love to work in CAW. That is one of the things I miss the most about 4. It takes a long, long, long time to do a world that is not totally horrible, but it is well worth it to me. I have done about 6 and they have been fun to do and I was very pleased with the results. I have one that is about 95% done that I need to finish.

More recently I have reworked and added to one done by someone else who shared the CAW files.
Test Subject
#1004 Old 30th Nov 2016 at 8:01 AM
Recently I have been using Alpine county and I am loving it
Test Subject
#1006 Old 30th Nov 2016 at 7:03 PM
My personal favorite has to be Hylewood. It's just so pretty and doesn't lag badly like some of the other worlds I've played in. I'm tempted to check out Van Crest by catlover800, but I sadly don't have all the expansion packs and stuff packs she seems to use more often.
Test Subject
#1008 Old 23rd Dec 2016 at 5:01 PM
Hello,
here I come with a world question to those of you who are playing in Mayfield Springs!
After a break due to the death of my computer, I am back to playing the Sims 3 and now finally have a computer that may even be able to handle big worlds! Before, I used to play in a slooow Storybrook County (not the world`s fault, I'm sure my old computer was to blame for the lag), but now feel like trying something new ... and Mayfield Springs looks SO beautiful!
So my question is: Does that world still offer some space for building? I bought some of the venues from the store and would like to put them in, and since somehow the store lots are always huge - I wonder if there is enough space?
Lab Assistant
#1009 Old 24th Dec 2016 at 2:08 AM
I like Mayfield Springs. It has some space for building. Not sure about putting more lots on it, but it has some empty lots. Don't know what buildings you had in mind.
Theorist
#1010 Old 24th Dec 2016 at 5:11 PM
I used to play a lot in Strangetown custom world. It faithfully recreates Strangetown, drawing buildings and ther interior from various games about Strangetown on handhelds and consoles. When you've played them all, it's really cool to see familiar houses, locations, streets, etc.

Sadly I don't remember who created that custom world.
Lab Assistant
#1011 Old 24th Dec 2016 at 5:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babahara
I used to play a lot in Strangetown custom world. It faithfully recreates Strangetown, drawing buildings and ther interior from various games about Strangetown on handhelds and consoles. When you've played them all, it's really cool to see familiar houses, locations, streets, etc.

Sadly I don't remember who created that custom world.

Yes, and there are different versions of strange town made by different folks.
Test Subject
#1012 Old 24th Dec 2016 at 9:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babahara
I used to play a lot in Strangetown custom world. It faithfully recreates Strangetown, drawing buildings and ther interior from various games about Strangetown on handhelds and consoles. When you've played them all, it's really cool to see familiar houses, locations, streets, etc.

Sadly I don't remember who created that custom world.


I guess you meant this one .

My Simblr - Sims 3 builds and occasionally some other Sims 3 stuff
Theorist
#1013 Old 25th Dec 2016 at 6:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimmerHilda
I guess you meant this one .

Yes that's the one!
Lab Assistant
#1014 Old 29th Dec 2016 at 11:00 AM
Lately I've been playing Bleake Islands a lot (on mobile so can't link but it's here on MTS). It's great if you prefer small, compact worlds and don't mind it being unpopulated.
Forum Resident
#1015 Old 29th Dec 2016 at 7:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esper-of-Tropica
My personal favorite has to be Hylewood. It's just so pretty and doesn't lag badly like some of the other worlds I've played in. I'm tempted to check out Van Crest by catlover800, but I sadly don't have all the expansion packs and stuff packs she seems to use more often.


I'm playing Van Crest and I love it. I do have all the EPs but not all the SPs but I haven't seen anything missing from the game.

I've started moving away from these huge mega worlds like St. Claire and Angel City and towards playing smaller town worlds. I still love the huge worlds with there have been so many new worlds coming out that are gorgeous seaside small towns that are great for storytelling, especially among my entrepreneur Sims.
Field Researcher
#1016 Old 29th Dec 2016 at 9:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by olomaya
I'm playing Van Crest and I love it. I do have all the EPs but not all the SPs but I haven't seen anything missing from the game.

I've started moving away from these huge mega worlds like St. Claire and Angel City and towards playing smaller town worlds. I still love the huge worlds with there have been so many new worlds coming out that are gorgeous seaside small towns that are great for storytelling, especially among my entrepreneur Sims.


Hi there, I am looking for smaller worlds - Can you point me to where I might find Van Crest and Hylewood? It's been literally years since I have looked for worlds. Thank you!
Test Subject
#1017 Old 30th Dec 2016 at 12:26 AM
Hylewood- http://nilxisdesigns.blogspot.com/2014/11/hylewood.html

And Van Crest is made my Catlover800 on tumblr. She's got plenty of pretty kitties and simmies too.
Forum Resident
#1018 Old 30th Dec 2016 at 7:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiatyn
Hi there, I am looking for smaller worlds - Can you point me to where I might find Van Crest and Hylewood? It's been literally years since I have looked for worlds. Thank you!


A great source is also Lana CC finds where she indexes all community created worlds, old and new and by size. You can find Van Crest in their list of medium-sized worlds:
http://sssvitlans.tumblr.com/tagged/s3world%20medium

There's also a lot of charming smaller worlds there too that are similar in style and look. My current favorite is Brightpoint.
Page 41 of 41
Back to top