Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 886 (Who?), Viewed: 309511 times.
Page 36 of 36
Mad Poster
#876 Old 3rd May 2015 at 5:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElaineNualla
Grey Meadow ( http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail...assetId=7753406 ) and Fortress Rock ( http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail...assetId=5024401 ) have quite "city feel" and if you remove population (fairies, vegevampires and such ) you shall get a city feel of the North. Also St Claire* is worth trying. Simsreality worlds were mentioned above.

*downloads were down, check:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...188#post4580188
http://thesimstomb.tumblr.com/
The most up-to-date (inluding dive lots) version of Fortress Rock goes by a different name, by the way. It's called The Stoneshields.
One Minute Ninja'd
#877 Old 3rd May 2015 at 5:17 PM
@olomaya, if you're looking for something with both city and suburb, I would suggest a visit to My Sims Realty. There are several worlds that would meet your needs, and they are typically well made worlds to play in. I didn't link to those two beautiful NY worlds Elaine pointed out, because while they do look absolutely wodnerful, they are difficult to play in as a "playable" world, due to size, assets, and routing. They are great to visit, but a bear to live in, even with serious hardware to run on. And that's a fault of the game engine unable to handle that level of detail in a 32 bit address space. But they were ambitious projects, and quite remarkable to look around in.

One other world was also mentioned earlier in the thread, which I think is also a remarkable, but still playable, city world is Barcelona. Here's the original post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enriquebell

Well worth the look. One of the most beautiful worlds I've ever seen.
Lab Assistant
#878 Old 3rd May 2015 at 5:47 PM Last edited by ElaineNualla : 3rd May 2015 at 5:51 PM. Reason: added infos
@Don_Babilon big thanks. I always forget to mention that >.> I had issues with this updated version thought, however I cannot recall what exactly has happened. Maybe it was just CC-mess on my disc at the time.
@eskie227 and... well, it's a Mother of the Problems - most of these worlds are build for the show, not exactly for playing, unfortunatelly. Building an interesting *and* trurly playable world is a challenge itself, which the game does not make easy in any way.

There were a few attempts to create "really playable city" focused rather on functionality than pure design (e.g. http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail...assetId=7154242 ), also Dark Harbour ( http://myworlds-rflong7.blogspot.co...0&max-results=7 ) empty city-world with CAW files avaible.* It always tempted me badly And if you're mini-minimalist, there's also small empty Arkham by Martine (She seems to be inactive but downloads works): http://martinecoppens.blogspot.com/...oad-arkham.html also with CAW.

* link to populated save file" http://deontaits3.blogspot.com.au/2...population.html

Fox-Lambert (A)RL
yet another try to Almost Random Legacy Challenge, again
Mad Poster
#879 Old 3rd May 2015 at 6:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElaineNualla
Don_Babilon big thanks. I always forget to mention that >.> I had issues with this updated version thought, however I cannot recall what exactly has happened. Maybe it was just CC-mess on my disc at the time.
It might actually be the world's fault, now that you mention it. My Stoneshields experience was also a very shortlived one, unfortunately, like most of Quailhog's later worlds (Huntsborough, Vargfjell). I think his testers weren't really thorough because all the three worlds I've mentioned have serious lot build problems (trapped Sims on lot corners, on stairs, NPCs spawning on walls made of foundations, or problematic apartment builds). Quailhog's building style is quite unique but somehow at odds with later EP developments (Pets in particular).

I am still playing the Generations version of Grey Meadow for which I was also a tester and contributed some of the homeless NPCs. I still think it's one of the best versions, later adjustments for the later EPs made it quite cluttered and personally I think his last revision for IP doesn't make much sense.
One Minute Ninja'd
#880 Old 3rd May 2015 at 9:50 PM
@ElaineNualla, as far as livable cities go, one I've found that is quite playable is coasterboi's Angel City on the exchange http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail...assetId=8274654 which is a reworking of Los Angios, a bit smaller, with far fewer routing errors. It's actually a standard choice for a world in my game play. The feel and architecture capture the Southern California feel very well, so not a good match for a NY setting, but it is another city choice that is playable as well.
Scholar
#881 Old 4th May 2015 at 5:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by olomaya
Thanks both!

Oh man, the Big Apple looks great but yeah, even my beast of a computer might have a hard time running this world. But I think I may have to try it, at least for a traveler world!

@eskie227: I'm looking for an urban (city), northern Atlantic ocean climate type world. Not necessary New York but I love how that particular city looks at night. Beautiful cityscapes, great views for my Sims to take photos, small lots, and a nice suburb area away from the city. And regarding EPs, I guess the most important for me would be IP so that the beach area has good routing. Thanks for the Devil's Port suggestion. I hadn't seen that world and it is definitely dark and interesting.

If you want something that's super East Coasty but don't mind settling for a smaller town, try One Plumbob's Brightpoint save:

http://one-plumbbob.tumblr.com/post...nt-save-general

You can probably fit in a few smaller skyscrapers if you want to get a feeling more similar to one of the smaller cities like Portland. Again, not exactly what you want, but I generally find that most larger city worlds don't really attempt to go for the North Atlantic feeling.
Instructor
#882 Old 6th May 2015 at 2:28 AM
Thanks jje1000! That looks great too. No, I agree, it seems most of the cities that I find tend to look more tropical or California-esque. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Angel City is my favorite world to play but it's not really a world where winter or autumn makes sense.

Barcelona is gorgeous as well. I saw the photos but will pop it in as a traveler destination. Thanks eskie!
Instructor
#883 Old 9th May 2015 at 2:30 AM Last edited by chreai : 9th May 2015 at 6:04 PM.
So the consensus then is that Northern-type cities (similar to Bridgeport) that are updated for Island Paradise and include elements (e.g. lots) from all EPs (sans ITF) are few and far between? Bummer. I downloaded SimLau Isles recently from MySimRealty because it had all the EP-related stuff I was looking for, but it lacks that city feel (and I'm actually finding it kind of boring to play in). It's more of a tropical world. (Seriously, do all island worlds have to be tropical? How about a Northern island for a change? They exist too! /rant) I thought about making my own Northern city, even downloaded CAW and opened it up and tried to figure out the program. But I may as well have been trying to perform surgery on a cockroach. All the tutorials in the world can't save that program. I lack time, I lack patience, and I probably lack a compatible system as well. Anyway, would be nice to be able to move my fave Sim into a place where her punk rock star self belongs, like Minneapolis (I love that city!), but I will resolve to holding out hope and keeping my eyes peeled for new worlds. I'd appreciate it if you all could help me keep an eye out as well and holler at me here if you happen upon a world I desire. Thanks in advance!
Lab Assistant
#884 Old 9th May 2015 at 4:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chreai
So the consensus then is that Northern-type cities (similar to Bridgeport) that are updated for Island Paradise and include elements (e.g. lots) from all EPs (sans ITF) are few and far between? Bummer. I downloaded SimLua Isles recently from MySimsRealty because it had all the EP-related stuff I was looking for, but it lacks that city feel (and I'm actually finding it kind of boring to play in). It's more of a tropical world. (Seriously, do all island worlds have to be tropical? How about a Northern island for a change? They exist too! /rant) I thought about making my own Northern city, even downloaded CAW and opened it up and tried to figure out the program. But I may as well have been trying to perform surgery on a cockroach. All the tutorials in the world can't save that program. I lack time, I lack patience, and I probably lack a compatible system as well. Anyway, would be nice to be able to move my fave Sim into a place where her punk rock star self belongs, like Minneapolis (I love that city!), but I will resolve to holding out hope and keeping my eyes peeled for new worlds. I'd appreciate it if you all could help me keep an eye out as well and holler at me here if you happen upon a world I desire. Thanks in advance!

Hey I'm building a northern/highland somewhat Island. But it's a lot of work until all the lots are finished.
If you like you can take a look at the beta version
Maybe that's what you're looking for.

Im not a native speaker
tumblr
my simhomes
Instructor
#885 Old 9th May 2015 at 5:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolalule
Hey I'm building a northern/highland somewhat Island. But it's a lot of work until all the lots are finished.
If you like you can take a look at the beta version
Maybe that's what you're looking for.

Thanks, I'll take a look. In the meantime, I checked out pics of Devil's Port and that seems to be closest to what I'm looking for. Fairhaven City is coming in second, I think. I'm hoping both integrate elements from all EPs, especially IP's dive lots, but we'll see. May have to make a few necessary changes before I play. Still open to more BP-like worlds tho.
Forum Resident
#886 Old Yesterday at 1:23 PM
Nilxis has the updated edition of Plavi raj up - yes, he finally corrected the name as well. Beautiful but unpopulated, so far.

Barcelona is absolutely great - well, he's Catalan and obviously proud of it, rightfully so. And I just love the new Saaqartoq, especially, for some strange reason, its festival grounds. At first I found them rather shabby and I wondered whether I should add some stuff but at the end I decided that they look exactly like they should. My only complaint: all the good looking women are married or engaged or whatever. Oh well, back to France to catch Brave Margot once more.
Instructor
#887 Old Today at 1:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chreai
Thanks, I'll take a look. In the meantime, I checked out pics of Devil's Port and that seems to be closest to what I'm looking for. Fairhaven City is coming in second, I think. I'm hoping both integrate elements from all EPs, especially IP's dive lots, but we'll see. May have to make a few necessary changes before I play. Still open to more BP-like worlds tho.

I'm playing Fairhaven City now and it definitely has the look I want and it integrates most of the EPs but not as well as other worlds. Not sure about dive lots. Also, there are way too many deco buildings and not a lot of community lots. The residential area is kind of a mess when you try to play it. The routing is really weird/poorly planned in some areas and none of the lots are larger than 20x22. Not to mention they're all non-standard sizes (18x26, 14x22, etc.) which isn't great for me since I hate building and always just download lots. Also the school is all the way on the other side of town away from all the suburban neighborhood and for some reason, City Hall is right in the middle of like a culdesac area. I also wish he would list everything in his CC merged file.

There are a lot of things I like but just as many I could do without, like that giant zoo with all the deco animals. I think it could be great if it you go into CAW and make some edits like removing 3 or 4 of the deco buildings, adding in more EP-related community lots, fixing the routing in the suburb area and demolishing the zoo and replacing it with something else.

I'll probably move my family out and uninstall it and try Devil's Port next. Have you tried Rflong7's updated Bridgeport? I don't think it's updated past Seasons though.
Page 36 of 36

Section jump