Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Slower or faster subway mod

by claudiasharon Posted 12th Feb 2011 at 11:27 AM - Updated 23rd Oct 2011 at 4:07 PM by claudiasharon

36 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 23 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
#2 Old 12th Feb 2011 at 12:04 PM
Thank you! This mod is a reason why I would use subway again. Do you know if it will work with AD85's Routing Improvement mod (with this mod sims will only choose the subway if it is actually faster than going by car)? At least Dashboard shows no conflict.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Feb 2011 at 2:46 PM
It should work fine with it, as it edits a different file.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 12th Feb 2011 at 6:26 PM
As with your Elevator Mod, thank you soooo much for this! (Going to be funny as all get out seeing just how quickly this zips by at 4-speed in game!)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 13th Feb 2011 at 10:00 AM
Fantastic! The subway annoys me, but maybe at 5-10 minutes instead of 10-15, it'll bother me a bit less. Thanks much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 13th Feb 2011 at 4:06 PM
Thank you so much for these. My game is a lot more enjoyable now.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 29th Mar 2011 at 10:55 AM
Thank you, this was needed! It seemed to take forever.

BTW, can you fix the crazy tips you get from playing an instrument inside a subway? It's been bothering me since the release of LN, they should be divided by a hundred (at least!). It's so silly to be able to get more than 10K for one full night.
I'm actually amazed no one made a fix for it already, is it because it's undoable/hard-coded in the CORE?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 29th Mar 2011 at 6:07 PM
Hmm, how is this? Haven't tested it myself yet, but it should decrease the tips a bit.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  subtips.rar (625 Bytes, 20 downloads)
Description: test subway tips
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 29th Mar 2011 at 7:17 PM
Wow! That was fast! I will test it tonight!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 29th Mar 2011 at 8:12 PM
Thank you! Let me know how it goes.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 29th Mar 2011 at 10:06 PM
Back from testing
Here are the results with a level 7 guitar sim who played exactly 3 hours in a subway:
* Vanilla game: 619§ (Totally nut!), which makes approx. 206§33 per hour.
* With your mod: 114§, which makes approximately 38§ per hour. So 5 times less!

It works YAY! 38§ per hour is finally something reasonable! Plus it's compatible with your faster/slower subway so it's perfect. I can finally send my sims to play in a sub without feeling like cheating. Gosh, I've been waiting for that fix since LN was released *happy* Thank you claudiasharon!
Are you gonna upload it?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 29th Mar 2011 at 11:27 PM
Glad you like it! I'd have to make other versions of it to upload it here and I'd need someone to test it for me, since right now I don't have the time to test it myself.
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 3:58 PM
I can test them out if you want but one tester (or two) is not enough to seriously test a mod.
i.e.: to test the subway tips mod you posted since I don't have any musician sims ATM I had to cheat to create one: changed the guitar skill of my actual sim to 7. But the problem is that he didn't knew any partitions nor had any challenges met, nothing. Checking the code I see partitions may change the resulting tips, but I'm not sure it concerned the subway. Real testing implies someone having real musician sims at at least level 5 that knows all the possible partitions to their level. Err, don't know if that's clear.

I tried once a musician sim in a band and all the band members died of old age before getting a second gig! As long as this gigs problem ain't repaired, I'll stick to 'casual' music players sims that occasionally play for tips when their finances are too low 'cause I don't like cheating and the more families I play and the less money my sims have. Now I don't even pick up any rocks unless they don't have enough money for the bills or if it was a want. You cannot imagine how hard it was with my last couple since none of them has a real job (he's a registered hacker, she's is a mixologist). I finally resigned to make them stars to make a bit of money 'cause they need to buy a 2 bedroom house to have a baby lol
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 8:13 PM
As someone who plays on an older laptop, this is awesome. It takes my sims forever to get from A to B, so this should definitely help with that! Oh, and the tips thing is awesome too!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 8:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MiniMimi
I can test them out if you want but one tester (or two) is not enough to seriously test a mod.
i.e.: to test the subway tips mod you posted since I don't have any musician sims ATM I had to cheat to create one: changed the guitar skill of my actual sim to 7. But the problem is that he didn't knew any partitions nor had any challenges met, nothing. Checking the code I see partitions may change the resulting tips, but I'm not sure it concerned the subway. Real testing implies someone having real musician sims at at least level 5 that knows all the possible partitions to their level. Err, don't know if that's clear.

I tried once a musician sim in a band and all the band members died of old age before getting a second gig! As long as this gigs problem ain't repaired, I'll stick to 'casual' music players sims that occasionally play for tips when their finances are too low 'cause I don't like cheating and the more families I play and the less money my sims have. Now I don't even pick up any rocks unless they don't have enough money for the bills or if it was a want. You cannot imagine how hard it was with my last couple since none of them has a real job (he's a registered hacker, she's is a mixologist). I finally resigned to make them stars to make a bit of money 'cause they need to buy a 2 bedroom house to have a baby lol

I just moved from one house to a new one, so it might take me a couple of days to get different versions done. Then I'll pm you with them on mediafire if that's okay, and have you test them for me. Then I'll test them on my own when I have a chance. Thank you for offering to test! I can find some other people to help test it as well.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 12:20 PM
So awesome, thank you for this!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 1:34 PM
Updated for patch 1.22/Generations.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 7:14 AM
Don't know how I missed this one until today....but thanks for updating!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 4:13 PM
Thaank you Why spending SO much time getting in a taxi, going to the subway to finally getting in to a taxi again? A lot of time waisted, but with this mod my sims save time in the sub, so now it's okay that it makes no sense with the odd traveling between taxi and the subway :D
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 9:10 AM
Mod compatible with patch 1.26/Pets.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 7:12 AM
And another prompt update. Sweet!
Test Subject
#22 Old 26th Dec 2011 at 3:37 PM
Is this compatible with 1.29?
Field Researcher
#23 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 5:30 AM
Is this compatible with 1.32?

Wow, it's beautiful outside. I should probably do something....

Like close the blinds on my window so there isn't a glare on my computer screen.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 26th Mar 2012 at 1:15 AM
Tested this mod with v1.33 and it works perfect.

Thank you for this mod!
Test Subject
#25 Old 18th May 2012 at 7:19 PM
I tested the 1.22 version with patch 1.33. Doesn't work. It actually made the transport time between subways twice as long.
For anyone who wanted to know.
Page 1 of 2