Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Quick Easy Hair Binner - for hair, brows, beards - UPDATED 7/10/2011 v1.1.02

by CatOfEvilGenius Posted 19th Feb 2011 at 12:28 AM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 2:54 PM by Nysha

255 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 161 Feedback Posts, 93 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 11
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 19th Feb 2011 at 12:46 AM
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh. I have the honor to be the first to thank you for this. This is so useful! I can't thank you enough, thank you, thank you, thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 19th Feb 2011 at 1:08 AM
I love you with every fiber of my being. Thank you.
Bowties are cool.
retired moderator THANKS POST
#4 Old 19th Feb 2011 at 1:21 AM
I love you. Seriously, I do. This looks so awesome and so easy to use. Can't wait to try it out!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#5 Old 19th Feb 2011 at 1:50 AM
I Love You.

. . .
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 19th Feb 2011 at 2:41 AM
I must give this a try...thanks!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#7 Old 19th Feb 2011 at 2:55 AM Last edited by Alma70 : 19th Feb 2011 at 2:56 AM. Reason: My grammar sux!
This is awesome! Now I might actually dare to fix stuff myself. =)
One question though, if I already have a hair, for example one that is binned as brown that I actually think would fit better binned as blonde, is that possible to change with this program?
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#8 Old 19th Feb 2011 at 3:23 AM Last edited by CatOfEvilGenius : 19th Feb 2011 at 3:56 AM.
Alma70 Yes, you can change the bin from brown to blond. Just put the file in the slot marked Blond.

edit: At this time, you would need to bin 3 other files at the same time, you can't bin just one file at a time. I plan to change this, so if all you're doing is changing color bins (no familifying), you'll be able to do just one file at a time if you want to. Check back when I do a version update.

Also planned in the next version: 4 files -> 1 file! This was fanseelamb's idea, and it's a good one. Not only is it easier to organize your files, but when you package sims, they get the correct eyebrows. Silly EA, packing sims with the wrong eyebrows.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 19th Feb 2011 at 3:58 AM
OMG! thanks you very much! :*
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 19th Feb 2011 at 5:13 AM
This is fantastic! Thank you!
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 19th Feb 2011 at 6:24 AM
Didn't someone, long ago, already make something like this and post it here on MTS?

ENTJ
Test Subject
#12 Old 19th Feb 2011 at 6:29 AM
Oh, I think I love you now :lovestruc This is much, much better than the color binning tool! You are a genius CatOfEvilGenius, thank you so much

"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up"!
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#13 Old 19th Feb 2011 at 6:31 AM Last edited by CatOfEvilGenius : 19th Feb 2011 at 6:53 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Lavaster
Didn't someone, long ago, already make something like this and post it here on MTS?

I don't believe so. The tools I'm aware of are Theo's SimPE_plugin, which I believe he is no longer working on, and jfade's Wardrobe Wrangler, which is super duper, but not nearly as fast for this particular task. I'll go look at MTS tools again...

My tool is standalone, not a SimPE plugin like Theo's. I think folks may find mine easier to use. Also, my binner works on eyebrows and beards too, I don't recall if Theo's binner does that.

It is faster to use than Wardrobe Wrangler when binning hair, and it actually nukes the extra 3 grey textures rather than just hiding them.

Thus I think it is different enough to fill some needs.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 19th Feb 2011 at 6:47 AM
I LOVE YOU! It's way to late for me to mess with this now, but I will be back to download and run through all the details in the post!
Test Subject
#15 Old 19th Feb 2011 at 6:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lavaster

Well I have binned so many hairs and I´m always looking for tools to make my work easier, and I promise, there is nothing like this out there. And I must say it again, thank you CatOfEvilGenius, you really made my day

"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up"!
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#16 Old 19th Feb 2011 at 6:56 AM
Thank you, everyone, for the comments! I'm so very pleased by the positive response to this.

If you have suggestions for improving this tool, or find something wrong with it, please do not hesitate to post that too. Already got one great suggestion, in post #8.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 19th Feb 2011 at 7:04 AM
veryyy thankz!!!! this is soo amazingg!! very useful
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 19th Feb 2011 at 7:24 AM
Is This The Real Life?

Or Is This Just Fantasy?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 19th Feb 2011 at 7:50 AM
Am I dreaming?

This is absolutely fantastic.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 19th Feb 2011 at 8:33 AM
Thank you. I haven't yet downloaded and used it, but it looks great.

You asked for suggestions, and this may be a totally different can of fish, but how about something similar for ages? That is, to make a child version of an adult hair, or vice versa, or even to nuke hair available where you don't think it belongs (e.g., "What grown woman in her right mind would wear her hair like this?")
Instructor
THANKS POST
#21 Old 19th Feb 2011 at 8:36 AM
I've been binning, familying, and whatnot-ing like whoa these last months to get my download folder right. It's all done now (with the help of SimPE), but it took forever to load. I'll make sure to check this out and use it from now on if it works for me. Thank you for making tools for Sims 2. I still very much enjoy the game and prefer it over Sims 3.
Instructor
#22 Old 19th Feb 2011 at 8:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by melaniem68
Thank you. I haven't yet downloaded and used it, but it looks great.

You asked for suggestions, and this may be a totally different can of fish, but how about something similar for ages? That is, to make a child version of an adult hair, or vice versa, or even to nuke hair available where you don't think it belongs (e.g., "What grown woman in her right mind would wear her hair like this?")

This would require different meshes. This is not a mesh tool, it just rearranges/deletes existing files. (As far as I can tell, but correct me if I'm wrong.)
transmogrified
retired moderator
#23 Old 19th Feb 2011 at 8:40 AM
Cat, what affect -- if any -- does this have on outfit category? When I open WW these days, it's often to enable a female hair for maternity wear.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#24 Old 19th Feb 2011 at 8:44 AM
Bows down.
No words, Cat, no words. What a godsend.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 19th Feb 2011 at 10:19 AM
This is a completely unrelated question which I hope you'll pardon, but what skintone did you use on the male sim in your screen shots? And thank you, thank you, thank you for the binning tool. I can't express how much my downloads folder will thank you.
Page 1 of 11