Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Feb 2011 at 1:35 PM
Default Kitchen Island losing texture association
I made a counter & island using Numenor's templates. The island has 'lost' its association to the texture in the counter. I say 'lost', because they were there initially.

Before I began putting my mesh in the island package, I checked in game, and everything looked good -- Numenor's original mesh appeared with my texture, just like it should at that stage.

I put the new meshes in by replacing the GMDC to retain the animations. (Used this method. Obviously, that 'tutorial' has not stood the test of time. I was successful with the main counters, a refrigerator & a toilet ... but Islands are a different story.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Blinking Counter.rar (206.8 KB, 10 downloads) - View custom content

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 3:08 AM
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 4:09 AM
I have figured out how to do it, but I have no idea why it works this way ....

If I do the GMDC replacement BEFORE I do the [custom_name] replacement step in the Island clone instructions, then it works.

Thank you for looking at it.

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!