Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

XCAS core mod: more tattoo locations, edit naked outfit, slider hack, body hair, more - update 5/23/16 Steam version added.

by CmarNYC Posted 15th Feb 2011 at 5:58 PM - Updated 23rd May 2016 at 3:53 PM by CmarNYC : Steam support added

1691 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1273 Feedback Posts, 417 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 68
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 15th Feb 2011 at 8:34 PM
oh wow, fantastic! I'm definitely switching from awesomemod for this! great job
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 15th Feb 2011 at 9:05 PM
He~ey! This works great! :D
Forum Resident
#4 Old 15th Feb 2011 at 9:10 PM
I really just want the additional tattoo locations, but I'm not willing to give up Awesome Mod for it. Is there any way to separate out that part of it and make it compatible with AM?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 15th Feb 2011 at 9:48 PM
Ah man *pout* not compatible with Awesome Mod!? How depressing... but thank you for the mod all the same.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 15th Feb 2011 at 9:56 PM
I love the added tattoo locations but I love Awesome Mod more. D:

Life is moving too fast, I don't have the energy to keep up.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Feb 2011 at 10:49 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 15th Feb 2011 at 11:12 PM.
To everyone who doesn't want to give up AwesomeMod - it MAY be possible to make the tattoo locations a non-core mod, but it easily may not be and I have too many other projects to work on it in the immediate future. You could ask Pescado about compatibility with XCAS - the only core component I've worked with is UI.dll, and if Awesome doesn't depend on interoperability between UI.dll and the other components that contain the bulk of his changes - if all he's changed in UI.dll is self-contained stuff like the slider limits - then it should be possible to use them together by removing UI.dll from his packages. I may test this myself if I'm sure I can uninstall Awesome without nuking my game.

The same should be true of Extended Game Core - one person said it combined with XCAS well; another one or two said there were problems. I haven't tested yet, partly because EGC made my game unable to save.

** Edit: Non-core may be coming after all. I'll post any developments.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 15th Feb 2011 at 10:59 PM
Wow this is amazing! Since I don't have awesome mod I'm definitely downloading this. Thank you!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 15th Feb 2011 at 11:39 PM
This is wonderful!!! THANK YOU
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 16th Feb 2011 at 1:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ShortyBoo
I really just want the additional tattoo locations, but I'm not willing to give up Awesome Mod for it. Is there any way to separate out that part of it and make it compatible with AM?
Ditto
I know it's lame to ask for the tatoos to be seperated from core part but I've been using AM since its release and will never let it go either. I really hope the UI.dll idea works out BTW you did an amazing job for these tattoos placements, it's totally fabulous and was highly needed!

What you can do to test with the Awesome mod in is to create a test hood with only one save that way when you remove AM you'll just have to delete the save.
Test Subject
#11 Old 16th Feb 2011 at 1:13 AM
Is this compatible with NRASS industries master controller? I'm pretty sure it isn't but figured I'd ask to be sure! Thanks!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#12 Old 16th Feb 2011 at 1:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Azreal77
Is this compatible with NRASS industries master controller? I'm pretty sure it isn't but figured I'd ask to be sure! Thanks!

Yes, it's fully compatible with Master Controller, with the exception that editing the naked outfit with the Stylist option doesn't save changes. In fact, I used MC to do a lot of my testing.

@MiniMimi: Thanks - when I get time I'll try that!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 16th Feb 2011 at 1:53 AM
F'ing AWESOME! love the full body AND face option!!! thank you so much, been wanting the teen tattoo option since ambitions came out!
Test Subject
#14 Old 16th Feb 2011 at 2:12 AM
I think the teen tattoo wouldnt be core and it would be nice for rebelious teen type characters. Also I would like to see a location more like a tramp stamp.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#15 Old 16th Feb 2011 at 2:15 AM
Hmm i'm also tempted to switch from awesomemod. Interesting upload
Test Subject
#16 Old 16th Feb 2011 at 4:15 AM
Great that you've managed to create a mod for more tattoo locations (and allowing teens to get them as well). Now if it would only work with EGC. When I tried it out it started up fine, but when I go to my sim family there were about 25 images of one sim (not in the family) on the left hand side of the screen and I was unable to select any other family members besides the one who was already selected. If you manage to make a non-core version of the tattoo location mod I hope you can include teen tattoos with it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 16th Feb 2011 at 4:17 AM
is it has the same function as AWT Slider hack?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 16th Feb 2011 at 9:34 AM
hi, this is compatible whit NRaas Mods?
thanks
Test Subject
#19 Old 16th Feb 2011 at 10:04 AM
Hi, I installed the mod and it doesn't seem to work. For instance, whenever I click one on 'lower lower back' or 'back of shoulder', the tattoo remains in the upper back area. Also, if I place a tattoo on 'lower lower back', it replaces the tattoo on the upper back area. In short, the tattoos are still slotted to be placed in the original EA positions. I hope you can help with this issue. Thanks in advanced!
Field Researcher
#20 Old 16th Feb 2011 at 10:13 AM
This tool is fantastic. I love it. THANK YOU TO MUCH.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 16th Feb 2011 at 11:39 AM
Thank you VERY VERY much !!! Finally the tattoos can be placed in more realistic areas.

I never used Awesomemod, so it's perfect for me just the way it is .
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#22 Old 16th Feb 2011 at 1:48 PM
Wow, thanks everyone! It was fun (and hard work) to get this mod going, and I'm glad people like it.

For everyone wanting a non-core version that's compatible with AwesomeMod and EGC - good news, Twallan has added the XCAS more tattoo locations to the NRaas Master Controller as an optional add-on! Link: http://www.the-isz.com/nraas/index.php?topic=309.0

Just keep in mind that the MC tattoo extension is NOT compatible with XCAS, but IS compatible with AwesomeMod and EGC - MC without the tattoo extension IS fully compatible with XCAS.

@mooglefly: What you're seeing suggests that either the core mod itself isn't working, or more likely that you haven't installed the TattooLocations package. Are you getting the popup when you start the game that warns you "Mod Scripts Found" and lists cmar_XCAS_core.package?

@Redd: Yeah, at least one other person had that issue with ECG during testing. Try the NRaas non-core version.

@Mark9: Yes, this will duplicate AWT's slider limit mod, and depending on which options packages you install it can also do the slider range changes.
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#23 Old 16th Feb 2011 at 2:09 PM
Oh Yes!! And a non-core version too, YES! *runs off to give all the hot dudes tattoos from head to toe, literally*

Thanks for the brilliant work, this is just too awesome.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 16th Feb 2011 at 5:39 PM
Can anyone confirm if the extras works with the mod to enable non-default skintones? For ages I've been looking for a increase in slider range hack that works with the non-default skin mod...my pc freezes up every time I use Awesomemod So I really need another option, it'd be awesome if this mod works with the skin mod.

Anyway, it looks awesome, thanks for this fantastic mod!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#25 Old 16th Feb 2011 at 5:48 PM
These new tatoo locations are so cool! And I love the fact that it also increases the number of sliders, because that was the only reason why I used a core mod before. Thank you so much!
Page 1 of 68