Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#26 Old 2nd Mar 2011 at 12:41 AM
You can't simply transfer it. You need to reinstall it to your computer.

Besides, what does this have to do with TS:M?

"Given enough time, hydrogen starts to wonder where it came from, and where it is going." - Edward R. Harrison
Advertisement
Theorist
#27 Old 2nd Mar 2011 at 11:17 AM
It looks okay I guess. I think I'll wait for reviews before I decide to put down money for it. Right now I just have a bit of a grudge against the game because the ad campaign for it is almost certainly the reason EP4 hasn't been announced yet.
Theorist
#28 Old 2nd Mar 2011 at 11:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cupcake12winx
I was fairly excited until I found out it was less of a traditional "sims" game than I thought. I was really hoping for something like TS3 put through a time machine, with build mode and actual families...

This is kind of what I wanted from it too, so any initial excitement I had is completely gone. I'm going to wait for the reviews to come out and see what people on the forums say before I consider purchasing it. I have a feeling I probably won't end up getting it though.

"Your life was a liner I voyaged in."
Alchemist
#29 Old 2nd Mar 2011 at 1:13 PM
^ I don't even get why it CAN'T be like that. I mean, WA focuses on "quests" in the form of adventures, and it still pays attention to sims' needs and lives. EA missed a great opportunity here.
Test Subject
#30 Old 2nd Mar 2011 at 4:41 PM
I'm somewhat excited,I have become even less since the annoucement of Skyrim,which looks to be amazing,but I'll give it ago since I've be playing The Sims since the Original Sims.I'm just a sucker that way.Heres hoping it's good.
Instructor
#31 Old 7th Mar 2011 at 1:10 PM
Just 15 days to go and the quests are still coming "soon" on their website.
Banned
#32 Old 7th Mar 2011 at 1:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fxchrfxchr
Just 15 days to go and the quests are still coming "soon" on their website.

EA
Alchemist
#33 Old 7th Mar 2011 at 4:27 PM
I can't wait, I'm so god damn excited! It looks REALLY promising!!

Evil doesn't worry about not being good. - The Warden, Dragon Age Origins
Mad Poster
#34 Old 7th Mar 2011 at 7:41 PM
^ I agree, but I'm also bracing for disappointment.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 7th Mar 2011 at 8:35 PM
I can't wait! I spent most of my birthday money ordering the Limited Edition last month (my birthday's the 4th of february) but I'm getting a bit impatient lol it's released on the 25th I think which is on a friday...and knowing my local postal service it will probably only get here on the next wednesday and then the postman can't be bothered delivering it and leaves a note saying "we called at 8:00am and you weren't in,please collect in 24 hours" that's what usually happens anyway. hehe had a bit of a rant there sorry but anyway,I cannot wait for the swords,magic and punishing criminals at least that's what is says in the trailers but how can it not have ageing (or is it just kids?)?!?! that's the major new thing about the sims 3! :s
Mad Poster
#36 Old 19th Mar 2011 at 9:27 PM
I just read SilentPsycho's report on gameplay on the home page - it's good to see a positive review.
Test Subject
#37 Old 19th Mar 2011 at 11:01 PM
I'm just happy there's new things, like the quests and drinking and stuff like that, stuff we've never seen before in a sims game, i mean i'm reallu looking forward to it.
Instructor
#38 Old 19th Mar 2011 at 11:53 PM
Im really looking forward to a medieval sim-world that is not filled with cars and telephones also, (since my first themed neighbourhood in the sims2 struggled to become medieval). The quests sounds like fun. And Silent Psycho´s rewiev was very interesting and entertaining to read, so now Im even more exited
Test Subject
#39 Old 22nd Mar 2011 at 11:02 PM
I was actually really looking forward to it, until I read this thread. I knew it wasn't gonna be your traditional game, but I thought at least you could build your own homes and have your children AGE. Ugh, I sincerely hope it won't be as bad as this thread makes it seem.

~ merci pour le venin.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 12:39 AM
Yeah the children not aging thing isn't great but when i thought about it it made sense. Didn't they marry people off pretty young? If they were to do a teen stage, they'd have the problem of whether or not to open them up to marriage and woohoo, and if they did that they'd have to change the rating to mature I believe. Please correct me if I'm wrong...which I probably am.
Test Subject
#41 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 2:08 AM
Children can't age, eh? Well, that should be interesting when I get to that point in the game, haha.
@beafish123 - You're totally right.. the average age a girl got married in the middle ages was 12. Soooo, it could have gotten very Sim-awkward, very quickly.
Sockpuppet
#42 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 8:19 PM Last edited by Kabuto : 23rd Mar 2011 at 8:47 PM.
TSM is a boring limited RPG... so I'll ignore it. I hate limits, RPG and rules.

EA give up the life simulation, look at Dark Spore, it's no more a Sim game.

So The Sims 4 won't be a sim game... damn Maxis era is over.
Test Subject
#43 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 9:23 AM
I was excited about getting it and I love it so much!!! I knew they were gonna make it
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 4:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by beafish123
Yeah the children not aging thing isn't great but when i thought about it it made sense. Didn't they marry people off pretty young? If they were to do a teen stage, they'd have the problem of whether or not to open them up to marriage and woohoo, and if they did that they'd have to change the rating to mature I believe. Please correct me if I'm wrong...which I probably am.

Supposedly there is a mod for the cheat 'ageuptonpc' bt I haven't tried it.

They may have gotten married as early as 12 in the middle ages but they continued to live with their parents until the biblical 'age of consent' which vared from 15 to 18 depending on the individual country.
Page 2 of 2