Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Locked thread | Replies: 4 (Who?), Viewed: 4509 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Feb 2011 at 11:06 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Uninstall/Reinstall of Sims 3
I am a download freak when it comes to Sims 3. Unfortunately, my knowledge of computers sucks. I am very careful to install CC where it should go, according to instructions given on this website. Anyway, somewhere along the way I installed either some bad CC or whatever (conflicting/etc), but I couldn't figure out what it was. As a result, I decided to uninstall the game, wipe all CC out, and start over. Sigh. Why is it never as easy as it seems? I use Norton (not a choice, hubby's the software engineer) so I did a registry cleanup as well. I had to redownload (all my games are dig dls) the games. Installed Sims 3 (only). I went to run Sims 3, expecting to update it before I installed the exp packs, but I'm getting an error message that wants to report to Microsoft about the problem. Anyone have any clues on what to do next? Hubby is working 80 hour weeks and can't help. Thanks.
Advertisement
A missing part of me that grows around me like a cage
staff: retired moderator
#2 Old 18th Feb 2011 at 11:22 PM
Did you remove your old userdata (delete Documents\ Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3)? If not, try that first.

If that makes no difference, try a complete clean reinstall again:
http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...p:TS3_Uninstall

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
RUSH
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Feb 2011 at 6:06 AM
Thanks. I'll give that a try. We'll see what happens.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Feb 2011 at 9:14 PM
Ok...you are my hero. thanks!
A missing part of me that grows around me like a cage
staff: retired moderator
#5 Old 19th Feb 2011 at 9:21 PM
I take it you got the game working, then! Well done.

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
RUSH
Closed Thread

Section jump