Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#26 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 1:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aykyle
I didn't say a hologram tv. I said a hologram.

No, you said "3D Television" as I am looking up see the topic header.

Quote:
and you are looking at it as an actual 3D television in the game

Because THAT is the topic header.

Quote:
you don't make any sense, just stop.

Let me get this strait ... you start a tread about "3D Television" and I assumed that it was about the current 3-D Televisions sets available in the market and by "This was about a 3D television, not about a time machine or a future world." I certainly taken as meaning "3-D" by stereoscope, and now you talking about hologram?

Do you mean by "have hologram type images coming out of a tv"? as I pointed out the game TVs do not work that way, they display video clips and so cannot create a "hologram" out of that.

In the end you are really asking for EA to go into a huge trouble for what ends up being a commercial for Sony, they can already do that but on the screen it would like something like this:

Now THAT is how a 3-D television image looks like without the glasses on and they can do it, it would be perhaps annoying for the player to look at but the other option is having to create or recreate a clip for your "hologram".
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#27 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 2:40 AM
Have hologram type images coming out of a tv? and make your sim wear glasses.. You'll be able to see the 3D images.

@Drakron
I am talking about there being a hologram coming out of the tv. NOT so the PLAYER has to wear 3d glasses in order to view the tv. You CLEARLY did not real earlier posts. Just stop acting like you know it all.
Forum Resident
#28 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 3:24 AM
@Drakron
I am talking about there being a hologram coming out of the tv. NOT so the PLAYER has to wear 3d glasses in order to view the tv. You CLEARLY did not real earlier posts. Just stop acting like you know it all.

You need to reread Drakron's post more closely, as s/he is clearly talking about TVs, not the game:
Quote: Originally posted by Drakron
Do you mean by "have hologram type images coming out of a tv"? as I pointed out the game TVs do not work that way, they display video clips and so cannot create a "hologram" out of that.

Now THAT is how a 3-D television image looks like without the glasses on and they can do it, it would be perhaps annoying for the player to look at but the other option is having to create or recreate a clip for your "hologram".

If that last paragraph is confusing you, the point is that if you were accurately creating a 3D TV for the Sims, the Sims would sit in front of it and put on glasses. The player would imagine the show looked 3D to them. For max realism, the player--who is not wearing glasses-- would be seeing a blurred image on the Sims' 3D TV set, same way an onlooker in real life to a 3D movie doesn't get the effect. There would be no holograms if you were trying to faithfully replicate the technology, which is ironic since you earlier made a fuss about realism:
its a simulation game. you simulate real world activities, job, money, bills, age and having kids.
Alchemist
#29 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 3:25 AM
you simulate real world activities, job, money, bills, age and having kids.

im going to take a shot in the dark here and say that if the sims were anything like real life, bills would include electricity & plumbing, garbage bins would not secretly be wormholes that manipulate time and space in order to never overflow or need to be emptied past that, blowing up a car in public would land you in jail for more than 3-4 hours, you would not be making $31/hr flipping burgers, and pregnancy really would last 9 months.

to name a few.
also: i think you have an attitude. neener neener.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Eminence Grise
#30 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 3:28 AM
The sims 3 HAS a 3D TV already: the virtual reality headset. The game solves the issue of how to deal with a supposedly 3D image in a 2D game by conveying the context via text An ingenious solution.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#31 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 5:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
The sims 3 HAS a 3D TV already: the virtual reality headset. The game solves the issue of how to deal with a supposedly 3D image in a 2D game by conveying the context via text An ingenious solution.

Haha, close the thread before Drakron replies with the attitude, as he knows everything!!(sarcasm)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#32 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 12:28 PM
I was referring to the post above me, he thought I meant there was a hologram tv in the sims 2 or something, but i meant there was a hologram machine on there.
I was implying that you combine the tv and the old hologram.

and you guys need to stop acting like the sims is a world in which you can fly. its a simulation game. you simulate real world activities, job, money, bills, age and having kids. So saying "sims is a place to get away from the real world" is kinda stupid. considering that the sims is just like the real world, except you can be who you want to be.

Perhaps you just need to say what it is you were meaning, and be clear? You start off talking about 3D TV, then you mention holograms, and when we talk about holograms you say you didn't mean holograms but instead meant a TV combined with a hologram, like they used to have on Sims 2 (they didn't).

Please do not be rude and sarcastic to other members of the forum; whereas it is right that the conversation should stay on topic, in this case people were discussing what they thought WAS the topic.

If you cannot be civil to other posters here then you will be baked and there will be cake.
Forum Resident
#33 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 5:14 PM
Dramaaaaaaaa! (Must be said in high, sing-songy, slightly mocking tone of voice.)
Page 2 of 2