Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 8:05 PM
Default Sims 3 Generations.
I was perusing the Sims 3 FB page (don't do it if you don't want to go blind from all the spelling mistakes) and someone posted about this, and linked to Snooty Sims. I found this odd as they don't tend to post anything until it's been officially confirmed.

At SS, they have put this:

'The Sims 3: Generations will be the 4th expansionpack. This is the official text of the expansion:
"With Generations, Sims of every age can enjoy new activities! Kids can hang out with friends in tree houses. Teens can pull hilarious pranks. Adults can suffer midlife crises. And so much more!"'

The system requirements page is online to confirm the title: Thesims3.com '

Lo and behold, it does appear in the sidebar, so it appears genuine. Gotta admit if it's real, I'm rather underwhelmed, though midlife crises could be fun.
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 8:09 PM
Well I now believe the title of the EP. That being confirmed lends weight to the description of it which could have been "inserted" to Google somehow but is most probably accurate now.

But I do hope there is more to it than a bit of noogie and some old dears screaming and doing silly midlife crisis animations in any idle moment.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
transmogrified
retired moderator
#3 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 8:15 PM
If at any point I see the words "changing table" and "bathe your toddlers," you may have my $40, EA. (Not that I'm trying to bribe you or anything.)

I hope midlife crisis implies some kind of trait and/or lifetime want switcheroo.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 8:26 PM
Hmm... intriguing. There are pages reserved on the official site, someone linked them in the Speculation thread, and I'm sure it says "Generations" on there. I didn't realise that was the name of it though.

How very interesting *said whilst stroking beard*.
Retired
retired moderator
#5 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 8:43 PM
"Treehouse" better not mean "Rabbit hole for kids". :/

Otherwise, awesome. This whole pack has me so curious. I can't for the life of me think of a good Occult to include for this theme.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Mad Poster
#6 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 9:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea
"Treehouse" better not mean "Rabbit hole for kids". :/
Hopefully it also doesn't mean the plastic tree house we now have, and it's animations, just stuck onto a tree. Hopefully, it would be something really new.

This EP would be a great moment for EA to bring back the wedding arch and other wedding related objects.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 9:16 PM
I'm wondering what kinds of skills and traits could come with this.

Also. The tree-house seems like it might be one of those things that looks fun, but is actually really boring. Much like the real ones, where one gets negative moodlets from bugs and splinters. xP
Scholar
#8 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 9:22 PM
Yeah, I posted something yesterday about this in the Expansions thread and people are discussing the possibilty. As much as I like the idea I am skeptical since a fan on the EA site had suggested a similar EP with the same EP name last spring//summer.

Mangaroo, I am glad you said that because it drives me nuts that the toddlers can't be bathed.

It's Life...there are no rules.
You can see more of my creations at www.customsims3.com
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 9:22 PM
I'm just hoping for some more group interactions, and more stuff for kids to do would be great, such as playing instruments, having (proper) sleepovers, maybe getting a paper round...
Mad Poster
#10 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 9:24 PM
There are all types of features I would love for the infants/toddlers, teens and elders to do, but if EA codes the game so children can play the piano, I will be quite satisfied.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 9:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
There are all types of features I would love for the infants/toddlers, teens and elders to do, but if EA codes the game so children can play the piano, I will be quite satisfied.

While adding piano playing for kids would be nice, they also should allow for the acoustic guitar and drum set as well. (Drawing the line at electric guitars because those are heavier, louder, ect, and I've never seen kids get into anything but trouble with messing around with them. Myself included.)
Scholar
#12 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 9:44 PM
I think the coding would be just adding an age group --it's creating the animations that would prevent EA from bothering adding kids to the instruments. Though piano may be easier since they are sitting at the piano stool and kids already have animations to sit in front of surfaces/objects while seated in a chair and do stuff (Computer/table/desk, Homework table/desk, eat/table?island counter)

It's Life...there are no rules.
You can see more of my creations at www.customsims3.com
Field Researcher
#13 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 9:46 PM
There's a leak on reddit that includes information about walmart's upcoming video game releases. It has Generations set for a May 10th release. If this is true we should be seeing an EA announcement very very soon.

EP rumors of this magnitude are usually correct, but I'm gonna try not to get too excited about this one until I know more about it. With the way EA has been going with EP's lately, it could just be Family Fun Stuff with a few new traits and animations. Best case scenario, I'd be super happy if it were to focus mainly on toddlers, children, and teens. They were my favorites to play in TS2, and currently with TS3 they're incredibly boring. I'm hoping for a bunch of new interactions and activities for them to participate in.

Field Researcher
#14 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 10:01 PM
Sounds like they're adding interactions that should have been there from the start. Oh how you get my weak spot, EA.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#15 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 10:18 PM
Yes teens are very dull right now. A piece of CC reminded me earlier of the lack of teen zits! Hmm what else could teens do, any ideas?
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 10:21 PM
I'm hoping what they've listed aren't the main attractions of this EP - if it's true that is - because it doesn't sound like much of an EP to me... They sound like the little extras which come with it.

Sure if it is I'll be happy with it though, they always do mix things quite nicely, maybe we'll get pets to round of the family unit? (really unlikely, but a girl can dream can't she?)

not indorsed by Hypno toad... all hail Hypno toad @_@
Field Researcher
#17 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 11:14 PM
FWIW, I don't see this listed in the sidebar any longer.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#18 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 11:17 PM
@Kiatyn

At this link? It's still there, over on the left. It says Games, then Generations directly beneath.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#19 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 11:19 PM
I do still.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Forum Resident
#20 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 11:20 PM
Sounds interesting, but knowing EA it will probably be lacking somewhere.
Forum Resident
#21 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 11:28 PM
I will definitely get that expansion and play the hell out of it, that's for sure... but for now I have to say: WORST.EP.EVER!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#22 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 11:30 PM
Well I don't think we can judge just yet based off of two lines of text. I'm still hoping for pets to be in it *crosses fingers* Pretty sure weather won't be, which makes me sad. I'd have preferred weather over pets. But hey! This is all speculation until it's officially announced.
Forum Resident
#23 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 11:37 PM
I wanted pets. I seriously want pets. And weather would be my second choice, but generations... NEVER. The worst part is that we already have generations. What can they possibly add to that? Couple of interactions? What? My child will have more then 2 options with my toddler?
I just want pets. I've been calculating and expecting and just wanting pets. I've been trying not to install TS2 expecting the next EP to be pets, but now... well... to the hell with EA, I'm installing TS2!!
The funny thing is that had they done a survey, I bet not a single player would say they wanted generations. Like, million other answers, not a single one would've been generations. Where did the get this.

I'm sorry for the rant but I've been pissed at EA for quite some time now (I mean, their patches need patches!) and I just needed to vent somewhere.
Forum Resident
#24 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 11:42 PM
I wonder if this mean that there will be new venues and community lots for teens, children, and todds to hang out. Maybe a chuckie cheese type venue? Or a mall? I kind of want teens to have more activities to do that gets them out and about in the neighborhood instead of eat, sleep, school, and repeat. Hopefully this EP doesnt put too much focus on the middle age range. I definitely dont need my town overrun with old people donning expensive hair pieces and riding motorcycles :/.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 11:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by insane_in_charlie_shirt
I'm hoping what they've listed aren't the main attractions of this EP - if it's true that is - because it doesn't sound like much of an EP to me... They sound like the little extras which come with it.

Sure if it is I'll be happy with it though, they always do mix things quite nicely, maybe we'll get pets to round of the family unit? (really unlikely, but a girl can dream can't she?)

I agree; there needs to be more attractions to this EP then what was listed. The "and so much more!" bit gives me some hope, though. Wasn't there a producer video or something saying they cut weather from Late Night because they couldn't get it working right or something? So wouldn't it be included in this EP?

If I'm remembering wrong or thinking of another game or something about the weather, Pets sounds like something that would go great along with the family generational theme.

Anyway, I just hope we get more toys, hair, and clothing for children & toddlers. Stuff for elders would be great too. Even the modders tend to neglect those groups (unless I want to download some skanky horribly photo realistic clothes for my toddlers & children from TSR. No thanks. )

But knowing EA, we'll probably just get a few new outfits for YA/A females and they'll call it a day. But hey, if they include either weather or pets, I won't mind so much.

Click HERE please, so I can up the sweet sweet page count. Thanks!

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx
Page 1 of 22