Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 5:57 AM
Default Vampires: Your Opinions
I've been wondering how other Simmers liked TS3 Vampires. Here's a few Q's that you can answer....

Are they better than TS2 Vampires (if you've never played NL, just put N/A)?

For me- Yes, they are much more unique looks-wise and mind reading is an awsome feature.

Do you enjoy playing Vamps?

For me- I play them all the time, so yes!

Which premade Vamp(s) are your favorite(s)?

For me- William Fangman and Elvira Slayer. I <3 them.

Are the powers cool or uncool?

For me- They're awesome IMO.

Thanks for taking this survey thingie, and have a nice (Vamp filled) day!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 6:14 AM

I can't remember TS2 vampires that well to be honest. :S

I haven't played with them much yet. I don't really like the 3 day wait period between changing or that vampires can autonomously create more vampires without some sort of core mod to stop them.

That "hippie vampire family". c:

Very cool. Night never seems to last long enough!

It's teatime somewhere.
Theorist
#3 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 6:53 AM

N/A. Have no NightLife

Of course. I don't play any premade Sims, though, so I just made my CAS Sims turn into vampires

The Hemlock siblings, Wogan and Brigit

Cool
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 7:51 AM
Are they better than TS2 Vampires?
Absolutely. The blue skintone drove me nuts!
Also, I like that their eyes are reflective better than the red ones. You know how cats' eyes glow in the dark? It just fits that vampires should be able to see better in the dark, and having that reflective layer on the back of their eyeballs like cats do makes for a vampire trait that both looks cool and makes sense.

I miss the ridiculous 'bleh!' interaction a bit, but obviously the vampire powers more than make up for it. In sims 2 being a vampire just didn't have enough perks to be worth it.

Also: pint-sized vampires!! Am I the only one who's taken way too many pictures of her sinister children of the corn?

Yes. I'm always into the supernatural part of the sims; the weirder the better. Bonus if it's a trait that can be passed on, because weirdness IS hereditary.

That hippy vampire family, definitely... but I don't usually play premade sims anyways.

Totally cool. The glitches drive me nuts(I have to be careful my child vampires don't max out their skills absurdly fast), but yeah: I get a kick out of the crazy things vampires can do.

I've been amusing myself by making an Edward Cullen in the sims.. he's a virtuoso, loner, hopeless romantic, grumpy and--of course--a vegetarian. I'm no Twilight fan, but... moody dysfunctional vampires FTW!
Forum Resident
#5 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 1:11 PM Last edited by brillo_pad : 28th Feb 2011 at 5:40 PM.

Yes, but they're still missing a lot like actual superior strength, plus I'd have loved to have seen them be able to jump on top of buildings and all that supernatural lark. I'd like to remove the speed effect and just have them run faster than they do now, and I'd like to replace the glowing eyes for a cat eye effect. I'd also replace the glowing skin for just paler/greyer/deader skin.

I always play them. I love them, really.

After I had revamped them Wogan, Beau and Brigit (who I then made playable) see the re-vamps - pun most definately intended.

I also loved my Flo re-vamp:

Other re-vamps:
Morrigan Hemlock
Erika Talon
Jessica Talon
Vladimir Schlick
Elvira Slayer - I renamed her... (Elvira?.. really?..)
William Fangmann

The only thing is that if you save them like I did, they don't look like they do as vampires...

They're cool, but they could be better. I wish they'd feed for longer and the donor/victim would need to sit down for a little while or sleep - At LEAST!!

Go suck an elf...
Test Subject
#6 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 12:58 AM Last edited by Nagash_ud : 23rd Mar 2011 at 1:09 AM.
Are they better than TS2 Vampires :

NO; they can live during the day (stupid lol enjoy "twilight" virgin teens movie) can sleep in a bed ...(wow casual gamers vampires !! XD) can drink plasma juice from the fridge (i always have pasma juice in mine for sure !!! ) flying on the top of coffins ( i like both (sims 2 sleep in coffin and sims 3 fly on the top of it )) not immortals in the sims 3 how that ? XD vampire are usualy already dead ... and the no mirror reflect i loved it ,vampires in sims 2 were so nice...

forever in the sims 2
i didnt play sims 3 until they inclued vampires lol

I never played with dumb premade sims (EA has weird looking ideas ; a vampire in tongs ? lol )

Yeah powers are cool (run faster, stronger) ; spells (mind reading and think of me are useless -_-') why not more awesome powers EA ?

Finally my opinion the sims 2 vampires were way better

If i knew how to mod i probably remade what they did in the sims 2 ...

thanks for readers
Instructor
#7 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 4:53 AM

I've never tried playing TS2 Vampires.

Very much so. Since LN, the family I always play is nothing but Vampires, except for a Simbot that was created by the father.

None of them, though I don't dislike them either. Yes, I know a little bit about the folklore and myths about Vampires, that they're supposed to be monsters. But even though I like to play vampires, I don't like the "Evil" trait, and most pre-made vampires have it. So my Sim family are all Vampires, but none have the "Evil" trait. In fact, the mother has the "Family Oriented" trait.

The first time, I turned the father, and later the mother. Later I just used Twallan's MC and turned them all into Vampires, as it's the only way to turn pre-existing teens, children, toddlers, and newborns.

Quite cool I think.

Other Things I Wish To Note:

I think it's almost insane how a child vampire can fulfill the Renaissance Sim LTW in a single day, and a teen vampire can fulfill "One Sim Band" in a single day. So I decided not to assign any type of strictly skill based LTWs to vampires.

Although I do like the added challenge of getting adult vampires to Master the Fishing and Gardening Skills. Not only are those skills NOT increased at a faster rate, but now you have to give them shelter from the sun sometimes.

As almost everyone noticed, EA did deviate from just about any form of Vampire folklore or myths when designing them. Some of these decisions were good, while others were bad.

Sure, TS3 vampires have more sun resistance than you might expect, but they almost have to. How else are they supposed to do something as simple as going to work?

In TS2, as there's no open neighborhood, it's fine if they just make a beeline to the car and disappear off the lot when they go to work.

I also don't like how TS3 vampires aren't immortal, though there's a mod (with that mod you can pick and choose which things you like) to make them truly immortal , but not invulnerable. They can still grow up into the Young Adult stage, but after that they stop aging and won't age without player intervention.

I do like how Vampires can bear children, even if folklore says they can't. Although I think it's funny how vampire babies are born with a bite mark on their neck. I also like that vampirism is genetic, where the chance of a baby becoming a vampire increases by 50% for each parent who's a vampire.

What's tricky is sending Vampires to Egypt, although with a little planning it's actually not that hard.

Maybe one day I'll install the Midnight Sun mod for an additional challenge.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 5:17 AM
In many ways, yes. I can actually play TS3 vamps because in TS2 it was incredibly easy for them to die! Plus they don't have that ugly blue skin. I do miss some of the campy stuff, though, like the "Bleh BLEH!" thing and changing into a bat.

Definitely! I love creepy and supernatural things, so they are right up my alley.

I don't play Bridgeport because I HATE elevators, so none of them really. Though Morgana Hemlock whats-her-face is the prettiest in my opinion.

Yeah, they're cool! I like the "Make _ Think About Me" interaction.
Test Subject
#9 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 11:03 PM
Actually,yes Sims3 vampires are better then sims2 vampires,I have sims2 nightlife and sims3 late night will, i have all the sims2,sims3,and sims1 games and expansion packs, and sims3 latenight vampires are just so better than sims2 night life vampires.
Attached Images

Scholar
#10 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 11:22 PM

I like that they aren't immortal, but it bothers me that they have a green tint to them. I do like that it is just an overlay, there can be dark-skinned vampires :P

I tend to kill them off early to even the playing field, but yeah, I like the challenges of vampire life.

I dunno XD I like the Vamp family from the Custom World Riverblossom Hills, which I didn't make, so it's kinda premade :P

Kind of, I don't know if mind-reading is that realistic, but it is cool enough.
Test Subject
#11 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 8:28 PM
Default vampires
Quote: Originally posted by LoonehWannabe
I've been wondering how other Simmers liked TS3 Vampires. Here's a few Q's that you can answer....

For me- Yes, they are much more unique looks-wise and mind reading is an awsome feature.

For me- I play them all the time, so yes!

For me- William Fangman and Elvira Slayer. I <3 them.

For me- They're awesome IMO.

Thanks for taking this survey thingie, and have a nice (Vamp filled) day!
Not for me, have now lost interest in game
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 8:59 PM
For me TS3 vamps are better than TS2 no mod/cc vamps. However I had cc skin, eyes and shaklin's mod for my vamps in TS2. Which I greatly prefer over TS3 vamps. My TS2 vamps didn't work. I made something of a Vampire Masquerade ghoul and had them work and provide blood (victims) for my vamp.

I don't enjoy playing the TS3 vamps for very long. They bore me and aren't challenging in the slightest. They don't really make much of an impact to me. I prefer my vampires to be scary and dangerous.

If I had to choose a favorite I'd say it was William Fangmann. He makes me laugh with his vanity even though he doesn't have a trait for it. He sure does love looking at himself in the mirror.

I like the run speed, but wish it was faster. I like that they don't get fatigued when exercising. I don't really care about the increase in skilling speed. I hunted once with a vampire and haven't used it since since the payoff isn't worth the effort or time. I used read mind and think of me, but with observant and charisma those powers became pointless. I'm flexible when it comes to immortality and children, so either way is fine.

For some reason I had a conflict with Awesomemod and some of the vamp mods so I don't use them.
Banned
#13 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 6:38 AM
Default Vampire Opinions
#1.Are they better than TS2 Vampires (if you've never played NL, just put N/A)?
#2.Do you enjoy playing Vamps?
#3.Which premade Vamp(s) are your favorite(s)?
#4.Are the powers cool or uncool?

My Answers:
-1 surely they are better than the TS2....
-2 Yeah, i like playing them...
-3 i don't play pre-made vamps.. i create my own...and turning it to a vamps..
-4 it's cool, unless they're running speed convert to the speed of scooter..much better... :D
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 6:21 PM
1. Different, in some ways better, but I also miss the "bleh" and the bat, and the sleeping in coffin. I really like the "hunt" activity, and I plan to play that a lot.

2. I didn't enjoy playing them much in S2, I wanted to, and I liked the characters, but it was exhausting with their mothers wishing for them to be cured all the time, and being really debilitated by sunshine. But I have been playing the vampires in S3,a nd they are enjoyable. Still miss the turning into bat and bleh, tho.

3. Don't have a favorite yet.

4. I like the powers.
Forum Resident
#15 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 6:52 PM

Yes, I had Night Life for two years, but I didn't play with the Vampires until AFTER I played the ones from TS3's. It was horrible grading down... What's with the blue skin?

Er...no. I just keep them around to look pretty. The mind reading thing doesn't do much for me...what's there to read? My vampires sim don't need to know any other sim that I don't care about. And the ones that they do know...they know the favorites/traits of anyway.

Mm, Dat William Fangmann, unf

Um...do the running effects count? The sound is annoying though.
Test Subject
#16 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 8:37 PM
They are somewhat better than in TS2. In TS2 I didn't mind the grey-blue skin, as being a vampire comes with total loss of skin melanin, so it was kinda realistic. I also liked the fangs, because in TS3 they have 4 fangs totally, 2 up and 2 down and I don't like that. Also, I prefer the glowing eyes to TS2's red eyes. In sims 2 I hated the fact that their hunger was satisfied with sims' food, so I had to download BlackSpirit's mod.

Of course I do!!! I LOVEM!

Beau Merrick because he is handsome and Morrigan Hemlock because her clothes are amazing!

Sure, they're cool, but I'd prefer if they could "glamour" other Sims to drink their blood rather than having to reach level 10 of Charisma so other sims don't turn down your vampire.Moreover, their "speed" thing?? They do not actually run faster, they run like the other sims, they just have a layer of air around them, which actually makes them
slower, because they stick for a few seconds for this layer to load.

Also, what is this nonsense about drinking "Plasma" and not "Blood" ?? Sure, plasma is in the blood, but it is NOT blood. It's a yellow liquid, visible when you leave a bottle of blood still, without shaking it. After some days, the blood will sit on the bottom of the bottle and the plasma will come above it. Like olive oil on water.
Also, I don't like how they float above their graves. Other than (aaaaall) that, they are great.
Test Subject
#17 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 2:20 PM

Never played TS2, but I've seen the vampires on youtube and they look pretty...yucky. And I've heard they died really easily. So I'd say the TS3 ones are better.

Yes! I didn't play with them much when I first got Late Night, but recently all I've been doing is playing them and making as many townies vampires as possible! Earlier today I added all of my favourite pre-made vampires (and one of my own) into one household. I put them into my favourite apartment and WHOOSH - epic fun times! Half of Bridgeport was...vampirized (lol) by the time I was done. :3

Which premade Vamps are your favorites?

Ooh...Morrigan Hemlock (because she is really pretty and has amazing clothes), Elvira Slayer ('cause she's just epic) and last but not least, Jessica Talon ('cause she's, in my opinion, more of a classic-looking vampire).

They're a nice touch, but the 'make ___ think of me' one is kind of pointless. And the faster running makes my game lag. But I like the mind reading.
Forum Resident
#18 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 8:28 PM

To me, yes. They seem to have looped back around to Dracula-esque vampires as opposed to Hollywood-esque vampires that were in TS2, and the fact that I can have vampire babies without having to cheat them in to their powers is a bonus.

Sometimes, depends on my mood, but I wouldn't rush to the science lab for a cure if one of my playables become one.

N/A, don't really play the premades.

So-so, I've never really used them all that much (probably goes hand in hand with not really having played them in too much depth).

Angelos Town Prosperity updated 11th June 2012. | Albion Falls BACC updated 25th April 2011.

Watch my Livesimming Channel -- 17th June 6PM GMT (2PM EST) Cresdale: Rules and Regulations (Part 2)
Forum Resident
#19 Old 30th Jan 2012 at 6:10 PM
Does anyone else have a daywalker? - He's blick as, so I'm wondering if it has something to do with how dark the skin is. I have another who's white as a boiled egg and he's constantly getting notified about how dangerous the sun is.

Go suck an elf...
Test Subject
#20 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 12:52 AM

They're much better than TS2 Vampires.

Yep . They're just awesome.

Elvira Slayer and Vladimir Schlick.

Actually, I don't use them.
Test Subject
#21 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 1:45 AM
brillo_pad! how dare you "revamp" William Fangmann?! ANYWAY,

I hate that they can't be bats. But TS2 is too stereotype. We needed a slightly more Twihard vampire *sarcasm invloved* with a Jedward Cullen mind-reading power (William F's ability to Woo my CAS Sim failed. But they managed too WooHoo a few times in various places!) and so-called "faster speed" (not with the bugs in LN!).

Hell yeah!

Mmnmnmnmnmmmmmmnnn....William Fangmann. I'm not being rascist, but I fail at making black people and they don't look too realistic to me. But dat Williammm.....LOL!!

I guess so...

NOTES: Why can't vampires be more gothic? No, not sappy Emo or 2012 Goth, more victorian Goth or Lolita (Japanese fashion, perhaps even Monster High's Draculaura style? (GOOGLE DRACULAURA, DIPPY!)

But yeah, should be more dark. Not 4+ rated Vampires skipping along Sunset Valley (JUDY BUNCH. ELDER. VAMPIRE. *lgsbheheoltbs* AND IQBAL ALVI. ELDER. VAMPIRE. *GSHDHFXJFBDXH*) but actual murderous monsters like the ACTUAL LEGEND HERE PEOPLE!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 23rd Feb 2012 at 8:32 PM

Haven't played one yet (got TS2 after TS3).

Not at all. Playing a vampire was one of the main features I looked forward to with Late Night and I made one right away but quickly killed that character. They can walk around in daylight, grow their food as a plant, need permission to drink someone's blood, are not immortal, can have babies, float over their coffin... There's more but I don't remember the rest. To me, they're basically humans with a makeover and "plasma juice" fetish.

If they have to be so sanitised so that people don't find them inappropriate for teens (?) or "icky", I'd rather EA had left them out completely. It's like wanting to play a Tyrannosaurus Rex but getting the lil green dinosaur from Toy Story.

None, I hate 'em all.

They didn't make any difference to my gameplay so I'm indifferent.
Test Subject
#23 Old 23rd Feb 2012 at 9:40 PM

Yes. The looks are greatly improved, as are the logistics. I really love how many options there are for vampires as opposed to in TS2. Many features are open to vampires, and that makes it just as fulfilling (if not more) as playing with the regular human sims.

Playing vampires is fun, but I really hate how they can't enjoy normal food anymore. Of course, they could eat regular sim food, but it'll just make them fat. There will be no romantic dinners for my vampire-human couples, sadly.

Elvira Slayer.

The powers are pretty cool. However, I wish the sunlight affected them more. To just have them lose some of their powers for a while is pretty lame. I would rather they died, as that would provide more incentive for me to keep them to the shadows. (Also gives me an excuse to make spooky houses. :D)
Test Subject
#24 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 1:31 AM
I hardly played Sims 2, but yup, they're better.

Depends on the situation. I leave them out of the sun, I forget, and somehow they die. I like how they run... yeah...

Which premade Vamps are your favorites?
The Hemlock family.

Are their powers cool or uncool?
They're useful in the Architect career, but uncool.
Space Pony
#25 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 4:07 PM

Definitely. I didn't really play Vampires in TS2, simply because I didn't like them.

Once in a while. Like right now for instance. But I don't often, cause I don't want my game to be run over with vampires.

I don't like any of them... I rarely play pre-made sims, if ever.

I like the powers, the mindreading is awesome.

The only thing I wish they included is being able to die if they stay out in the sun. These ones remind me too much of... Bleh, Twilight.

My Sims 4 Random Legacy can be found here.
My simblr .
Page 1 of 3