Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 6 (Who?), Viewed: 4910 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 1:37 PM
Default How to make Theatre and Movie Studio in one building?
In Bridgeport there are some building that merge many functions (I play in Polish so I don't know how they are called in English game).

I am sick and tired of adding new buildings to Sunset Vally when new Expansion Packs are released. How to add just the Movie's careers to Theatre building?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 2:44 PM
Unfortunately, I don't know. At least, not yet.
But you can ask someone who knows how to make a rabbit hole buildings like MelissaMel, or someone else I don't know.
Alchemist
#3 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 4:58 PM
You could use something like these rabbithole doors:
http://www.modthesims.info/d/435107
to either build a combined theatre/studio, or put a small addition onto the theater rabbithole and add the studio door.
1978 gallons of pancake batter
staff: moderator
#4 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 5:43 PM
@agnieszka336: You need to make an object mod with a custom script class to make a new combo rabbithole.

Robot Armed With Down Comforter Levels Apartment Building, Holds Mayor Hostage.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 5:56 PM
So, there is no cheat/code that EA used to create combo buildings in Bridgeport? That's a shame.

Playing in SV or RV is a nightmare - no bars, clubs, default places for Fire house and beauty salon are stupid. They should think it over before they create new EP.
Eminence Grise
staff: moderator
#6 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 11:07 PM
Calisims's suggestion is a good one though. I've made all kinds of combo lots while testing Jynx's doors. My favorite was the mausoleum-diner with a subway entrance in the crypt

Using his doors to toss a theater on the studio lot, or vice versa, would be a piece of cake.

There's no issue with having multiple rabbithole functionality on the same LOT... assuming you have enough space and have thought about routing a little bit. So if the goal is primarily to save space, there's no real advantage to having it all on the same OBJECT.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 11:54 PM
I agree about having multiple rabbitholes on one lot. Back when the rabbithole rugs came out, I did make over a small world using them, making a municipal lot with the school, police, city hall, military and main park all on one lot. Worked out great. I think I used 4 lots with all the rabbitholes and other functions, like the library and art gallery included with it. It looked and worked great. Then my computer blew up and I didn't have an external to backup everything. Haven't been inspired to build something like it again.

About adding the LN lots to Sunset Valley and Riverview, haven't had a problem there. Especially using smaller lots built and shared here on MTS, Garden of Shadows, and various other places. I just replaced some of the rabbitholes with shared rabbitholes from LN, changed the main street shopping areas around, used a smaller art gallery and built some smaller Ambition lots. My Sunset Valley have 5 clubs (all I need), the movie studio, and a nice, more workable library that is smaller too. World Editor is my favorite tool.

Only thing I hate, but have gotten past with World Editor, not being able to assign the addresses back to a lot that has been added or moved around.

Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.

Section jump