Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 8 (Who?), Viewed: 2881 times.
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Mar 2011 at 12:37 AM
Default Can I play without the disc?
We've just recently moved, and I have no idea which box my game disc is that I need to start up the game, so is there a way I can play TS2 without a disc?
Advertisement
transmogrified
staff: retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Mar 2011 at 12:40 AM
No way that can be shared on this forum. -- oh, wait. I thought of one that does conform to the license agreement: if you registered the EP, I believe EA permits you to download the digital version at no additional cost.

You would need to uninstall the disk version and install the EA Store edition and...seriously. Just find the disk.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Mar 2011 at 12:41 AM
I don't mean downloading the game illegally or anything, but I heard if you have the "Store Edition" installed you can start up the game without the disc?

EDIT: Thanks mangaroo. And you're right, I really need to just find the disc. But I think it's in a box piled WAY in the back of my laundry room so it'll be maybe a week before I get to it...
staff: moderator
#4 Old 6th Mar 2011 at 12:58 AM
You might wanna have a peek at the Posting Guidelines, especially the info under #3.
transmogrified
staff: retired moderator
#5 Old 6th Mar 2011 at 12:53 AM
Well, you can always try installing the store edition. I'm just concerned about a couple of things: the TS2 store is disappearing. Does it perform an online verification? If so, how will that be handled after March 31, when the store itself closes? (There isn't necessarily a connection between the two. It's not like EA is going anywhere. I suppose if there's a major f*up, we'll hear about it on ... April 1. Oh, nice timing, EA. Very nice timing.)

Also, I believe the store edition is known to introduce some bugs in novel writing for user without Freetime. Which is why I'm reluctant to encourage you to just install and test the results.
Test Subject
#6 Old 7th Mar 2011 at 8:57 PM
Oh! So if you click on 'Store Version' and not the 'Sims 2 Expansion Pack Name Here' you don't need the disk?
Field Researcher
#7 Old 7th Mar 2011 at 10:13 PM
Supposedly, but I recently re-installed my game and now I don't have that option any more. Before this, I never had to bother with the disc and never had a problem playing offline. But now 'Store Version' insists on the disc.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 8th Mar 2011 at 3:52 AM
I have the Sims 2 double deluxe which has the base game sims2,nightlife,celebrations, and the store edition. if you add another expansion such as pets or seasons or others you no longer need those discs because the store edition is ep99 and you need the double deluxe cd to start the game and i can install the store edition without being online. hacks are on the google not here but there isnt any for ep99.

Section jump