Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 7 (Who?), Viewed: 3101 times.
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Mar 2011 at 6:35 AM
Default Surprise Quints - crazy glitch or hidden hack?
Today I had the biggest surprise I've ever had while playing Sims 2. My sim had quints. I did not download any hack for giving birth to multiples and I can't think of anything that I may have downloaded recently where a hack like that could've tagged along unnoticed.

It may be a crazy glitch. The circumstances surrounding the birth were that the dog was dying at the exact same time the mother was giving birth. Maybe that threw some kind of weird error. Another thing, by her having quints, the number of sims in the household was over the limit and totaled 9. The woman conceived when there were only 3 sims in the household, but then her mother and her mother's dog moved in.

So, just curious if any one has any theories or answers about why this happened. And has this ever happened to anyone else? I would really like it not to happen again.

By the way, I have been able to raise the quints just fine into toddler hood, they live off of that smart milk and the activity table is a blessing. They're all 2 days into toddler hood and they all know how to use the potty and walk and they each have at least 2 skill points in something. Their grandmother just passed away, so teaching them how to talk will have to be done only by their parents.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 6th Mar 2011 at 7:33 AM
I know that TwoJeffs at Simbology has a multiples hack, but the most it can give you is quads. I've never heard of a glitch like that before, so I can't even begin to guess what might have caused it, other than maybe the dog dying thing. I really think it's an interesting-sounding glitch though, and I've actually wondered for awhile now why the highest number you could get was only quads (and even then you have to have a hack to get that), because there have been houses where I wanted to give the parents quints or even a set of sextuplets.

Granted, because my families are usually the "start from scratch" (ie, I make a sim whose single that I have to find a match for, or occasionally a newlywed couple, and then have them "build" the family) variety, there usually isn't a grandparent around to help raise the kiddos, so maybe it's something of a good thing that four is the limit, since otherwise the parents would end up damn near killing themselves trying to raise the little buggers (even with the help of pepper punch, coffee, and even maxMotives), to say nothing of trying to hold down a job or have a successful business (since we all know that the nannies are beyond useless, they're just there to ward off the social worker, not to actually take care of the kid[s]). Actually, I want to know how your sims managed to survive quints, what with there only being three caregivers in the house (is the other sim you mentioned a child, a teen, or an adult roommate or sibling?), and moreso, how will they get through toddler-hood with the grandmother gone?
Banned
#3 Old 6th Mar 2011 at 7:42 AM
I've heard of a bug when the same baby was born several times.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 6th Mar 2011 at 9:19 AM
Are they all identical?
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Mar 2011 at 6:22 PM
So the 3 caregivers were the mother, father, and grandmother. The quints also had an older brother, but he just turned child. Luckily he was taught how to do his homework before they came along and there's plenty of leftovers in the fridge. I've got 4 out of 5 of the toddlers sleeping, eating, and playing on the same schedule - they sleep in two separate rooms (boys in one girls in the other). They are not identical, but I'd have to look at their faces closer. They all have the same eye and hair color, but 2 are skincolor #3 and the other 3 are skincolor #4. As toddlers they've never left the upstairs of the house. I have the hallway filled with pottys, one of the bedrooms has the activity table, the other bedroom has a fridge, smart milk maker, and trash compacter. The caregivers even sort of took shifts, because the father went to work from 12pm-7pm.

Hopefully this is a one time thing though. And from the responses so far, it seems like it was a glitch - due to the dog (maybe).

Oh and I just want to add that when they turned toddler, they were all so adorable huggling each other.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 6th Mar 2011 at 8:54 PM
Glitch or not, it's awesome. Kind of like my new glitch where folks abducted by aliens occasionally stay for a few days instead of a few hours. It's happened three times now, and I like it. I hope it means that my game isn't going to explode, but otherwise I dig it.

But anyway, the multiple-birth hacks I know of only go up to quads, so I doubt it's a hack you've picked up. (And I'd think that if you looked in your Downloads folder, you'd see the hack there, right?) I've had weird things happen when game events coincide. Like once, when someone was returning from work and getting a promotion at the exact same time that a baby was aging up to toddler, I ended up with a toddler that still acted like a baby and I had to use SimPE to fix it. So maybe it does have something to do with the dog dying at the same time. Was the birth normal, otherwise, and you just ended up with five babies?

So I'm taking another stab at documenting a neighborhood. This one stars Benjamin Long. Pathetic attempts at humor can be found here.
I caved and made myself a Simblr. Woe is me. But hey! There's already stuff there that isn't here at MTS. :)
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Mar 2011 at 10:57 PM
There was a difference between the way these five were born and the way normal twins are born.
Twin births usually go like this: 1) get a message "There are two new babies on the way" 2) spin around and have baby #1 3)put baby down 4) spin around and have baby #2 5)Get to name both babies.
Well this was different in that each time there was a message that only said "There is a new baby on the way", she had the baby and I named it. And this process repeated itself 5 times.
Scholar
#8 Old 6th Mar 2011 at 11:24 PM
It's a glitch. I've read about it before somewhere. MATY or Boolprop, likely, if it wasn't here. You're lucky it stopped after five, apparently it can go on indefinitely!

Section jump