Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Mar 2011 at 3:27 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Default Game crashes while loading; tried Crash analyzer and CC instructions
Good morning! I hope someone can help me. Ive been playing TS3 for a while and I have all expansions through to LN and I also have HELS and FLS. The game crashes when loading a family. I first used the crash log analyzer and it said that my game needed updates so I used another tool I found here to update all my games. I tried again and it crashed again. This time the log said it was CC. I used Dashboard and got rid of corrupted and conflicted files; still crashes. I cleared caches, and cut/paste .dcb to my desktop to test it out. Still crashes and now the intro screen (where it scrolls cute sayings like "Tickling the ivories", etc.) the picture doesnt show up; only the green progress bar at the bottom. I had to start over from a previous issue back in January and I'd hate to have to start my families all over again. What else can I do? Is it possible to move all my saved families to my desktop, uninstall all the games and reinstall them to see if its something within the game? I'm at a loss here.. Thank you in advance for your help and time!
Advertisement
In the Arena
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th Mar 2011 at 6:31 PM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • Sims 3 - Game Problems
    For generic game related issues, please see this FAQ:

Game Help:Sims 3 Game Problemwiki

• Sims 3 - Uninstall
    This Game_Help:TS3_Uninstallwiki link has the step-by-step instructions to guide you through uninstalling The Sims 3, and its packs (EP/SP).

If you're reinstalling because you're reverting to an older patch, or just do not want to use the Launcher/EADM to patch, read this FAQ Game_Help:TS3_Patchingwiki once through before patching and then follow the guide.

Do the Game Problem FAQ first. If the loading screen with the "cute sayings" is still wonky after step#3, then that means the game files are corrupted and you need to do a complete reinstall.

You can backup your progress before uninstalling. All you need to know is in the Uninstall FAQ.