Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 5 (Who?), Viewed: 3340 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 11:04 PM Last edited by tldrake : 11th Mar 2011 at 11:12 PM. Reason: EDIT

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Cannot uninstall CC
I have a couple of troublesome clothing articles.

There's a pair of boots and a top that were attached to sims that I downloaded. To be honest, not really sure WHERE I got them.

When attempting to uninstall the crapticular articles of clothing from the launcher, I get the message: "Error: cannot uninstall package with dependents."

I've seen strings that were talking about a similar problem with Riverview, but these aren't Riverview content items. I've uninstalled all my downloaded sims, then attempted to uninstall the troublesome CC again, to no avail. I get the same message.

I went so far as to uninstall ALL CC, including worlds, and they were finally gone! Unfortunately, the problem CC came back as soon as I reinstalled the worlds. Currently sitting on S3 with nothing intentionally installed except my worlds, and yet the stuff I keep trying to get rid of is BACK.

Is there any way that I can look into this CC and find out how it's attached to my world and break the chain?

EDIT: I have all released EPs, Riverview, Barnacle Bay, and am patched to current.
Advertisement
staff: moderator
#2 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 6:42 AM
You may want to have a look at Crinrict's Sims 3 Hilfe Blog
Test Subject
#3 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 12:02 AM
I had the same problem and did the same but the items wouldn't clear, so I deleted everything in the DCCache (Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3). I believe this is where all the installed content from the launcher is stored. It's a bit of a drastic measure, but all the problem content was gone than I ran all questionable sim3packs (sims & lots) through Delphy's Custard to make sure I only installed what I wanted.
Née whiterider
staff: administrator
#4 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 1:05 AM
Yes - deleting DCCache will indeed delete all your installed sims3packs.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 4:59 AM
HA! Got it!
Uninstall of ALL CC, Deleted DCCache...
I've been through every 3Pack with Delphy's Custard (GENIOUS program, BTW), and located all the problem children.

Did some research on my downloaded sims.
I don't suppose that it will suprise anybody to know that ALL the troublesome content was downloaded from the Exchange. Lesson learned....

A final question for you experts...
Using Custard, I'm able to identify the stuff I KNOW is bad. It also helps identify the stuff that Custard knows is bad. But the content I had to remove was not flagged by Custard. Leaves me with the idea that ALL of my CC should be installed directly into my Mods folder after I've broken it down with an extractor (IE, Dephy's Multi-extractor).. IF I decide to do it that way, will worlds and Sims show up in the game, or must they be installed EA's way with the launcher?
staff: moderator
#6 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 6:20 AM
Worlds and Sims need to be installed by the launcher. While it is possible to convent them to .package files, you will likely end up with undesired results, as I don't think Sims can be run from the package folder and custom worlds have some items that will work fine in the package folder, but the .world file wont. While you can place the .world file with the Sunset Valley .world file, under Program Files location, worlds placed this way tend to lose some functionality and become disjointed.

Section jump