Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
*shrugs*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Mar 2011 at 3:45 AM Last edited by maybesomethingdunno : 15th Mar 2011 at 5:21 AM. Reason: removed attachment
Default Grabbing the Object
My object can only be grabbed by one of its subsets. The same applies with the design tool; I can only use it on one section of the object.

How can I fix it? My hunch is that the problem is in the Shape (SHPE)...but I don't know what (if anything) to do there.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 15th Mar 2011 at 5:13 AM
What you're describing usually happens if you work on a subset separately and import it by itself back into your package. Exporting all of the subsets at once in one .obj file and re-importing them should fix it.
*shrugs*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Mar 2011 at 5:21 AM
I saw your post just as I was about to go to bed. I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep until I tried your suggestion.

It worked perfectly. Thank you so much. I can sleep better knowing it's working correctly.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Theorist
#4 Old 15th Mar 2011 at 5:26 AM
Glad to hear it! After I responded I was wondering if I should have downloaded your package and checked to be sure that's what was wrong so I can relate. lol I'm glad it's working for you now.
Instructor
#5 Old 15th Mar 2011 at 12:33 PM
For next time, HugeLunatic has a great description of how to do it quickly, without the hassle of re-importing. Here: http://sites.google.com/site/hugelunatic/bounding-mesh