Replies: 1 (Who?), Viewed: 4270 times.
#1 17th Mar 2011 at 2:30 AM
This user has the following games installed:Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations
Disc Authorization FailureI don't understand what's going on AT ALL.
When I start my launcher, and the click play, I get this message:
I just installed Ambitions, but was previously getting this issue with Late Night. I corrected it by following the directions on the web page that EA sent. I turned off all of my start-up programs as well as the programs that weren't Microsoft related. I even got rid of my LightScribe, which was on one of my hard drives because they said programs like those could conflict with the game (I'm assuming that LightScribe was an issue).
My disk has scratches on it, but they are surface and not deep at all.
I have my system specs down below, but I can get rid of them if you find them unnecessary.
* Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002)
* System Manufacturer: HP -Pavillion
* System Model: NP 194AA
* Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 910 Processor (4CPUs), ~2.6GHz
* Memory:8910MB RAM
* Page File: 29675MB used, 1362MB available
* DirectX Version: DirectX 11
* Name: ATI Radeon HD 4350
* Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
* Chip Type: ATI display adapter (0x954f)
* Approx. Total Memory: 3560 MB
* Main Driver: atiu9p64.dll,aticfx64.dll,atiu9pag,aticfx32,atiumd64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atiumdag,atidxx32,atiumdva,atiumd6a.cap,atitmm64.dll
* Version: 8.14.0001.6099 (English)
* Driver Date: 3/10/2010 11:33:10 PM
* Description: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
* Driver Name: RTKVHD64.sys
* Driver Version: 6.00.0001.5789 (English)
* Date: 2/11/2009 16:39:24
==Disk & DVD/CD-ROM Drives==
* Drive: C:
* Free Space: 714.1 GB
* Total Space: 939.6 GB
* File System: NTFS
* Model: WDC WD10 EADS-65L5B1 SCSI Disk Device
If you need anymore detail, I'd be happy to supply it. :] I'm sorry if this question is seemingly redundant, but I did do some searching here and there and I didn't find... An exact answer. I figured I'd try my luck out.
Thanks in advance!
“Most beautiful dumb girls think they are smart and get away with it, because other people, on the whole, aren't much smarter.”
#2 22nd Mar 2011 at 6:36 AM
MTS2 Staff Reply
- Sims 3 - Post Your Game Versions
In order to help you we need more information on your game versions.
If you need help finding what your game versions are see the links below:
- Windows OS:Game_Help:TS3_Patching_Find_Gameversionwiki
- Mac OSX: Game_Help:TS3_Patching_Find_Gameversion#info.plistwiki
Please post the game version for each game that you have,
(i.e. 1.12.70.006001 or 2.12.8.009017)
- Base Game =
- World Adventures =
- High End Loft =
- Ambitions =
- Fast Lane =
- Late Night =
- Outdoor Living =