Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
The other one
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Mar 2011 at 2:15 AM
Default Help finding free video editing/movie maker software that would work with these specs?
Since my pc is intensive care waiting on a life saving operation I've had to make do with our crappy little note book thing (no sims for me ) and was wondering if I can still edit my home movies (not that kind, get your mind out the gutter!) on it? This little thing doesn't have any software like that on it though so I'd need to download some but have no idea where to start. That and I'm very sceptical about it's ability to even handle that kind of software - see specs below.

So could anybody recommend a very basic video editing/movie making software that's free to download that would work on the specs below....even if it wouldn't be super duper fast? I only want to be able to cut bits off the ends of clips and mash them all together. Dunno if it makes a difference but I have a large removable hard drive for extra storage. I have a feeling I know what the answer will be but thought I'd ask anyway

==System==
Operating System: Windows 7 Starter 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600)
Processor: n/a
Memory: 1024MB RAM
Page File: 1329MB used, 710MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Dell Model Number:

==Display==
Name: Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset Family
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip Type: Intel(R) GMA 950
Approx. Total Memory: 251MB
Main Driver: igdumd32.dll
Version: 8.15.10.1930

Wasn't sure if this should go here or in technical....sorry if I got it wrong.

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Advertisement
Banned
#2 Old 19th Mar 2011 at 8:43 AM
For Windows 7, use Movie Maker, you can't get more basic than that. This is the only free software I know of...

I like it cause you can upload videos on YouTube directly from it :P
Mad Poster
#3 Old 19th Mar 2011 at 12:42 PM
You could try VirtualDub,a freeware app I've been using for a few years now and am very happy with it, and it's quite popular. It lets you do what you're asking for above - edit bits out of videos and add clips together - among other things such as re-save using different codecs. Its native format is .avi, but you can get plugins for it to allow you to input MPEG/MPG, FLV, WMV, and Matroska (it only saves the edited result as .avi, though - I always save my results choosing XVid compression under the Video/Compression menu, which gives me good quality and small files). Really recommended!

Download site: http://www.virtualdub.org/

Input plugins: http://fcchandler.home.comcast.net/...dler/index.html