Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#151 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 6:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by legallpn
Is there a way to get some of the items when you use the buy debug cheat? Like the ores under the "?" category? I can not place them. They appear ready to place but they just won't drop. Anyone have a clue as to what I may be doing wrong? I searched the previous posts and could not find an answer. Thanks in advance.

try with the spawner items
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#152 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 7:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rick
Those are test commands, not mods.

Sorry, I should have read the post better before I replied.

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!
Test Subject
#153 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 10:01 PM Last edited by ssoot : 30th Mar 2011 at 11:44 PM. Reason: Edited on stupid grammar
Default Tried 'moveobjects on'?
Quote: Originally posted by legallpn
Is there a way to get some of the items when you use the buy debug cheat? Like the ores under the "?" category? I can not place them. They appear ready to place but they just won't drop. Anyone have a clue as to what I may be doing wrong? I searched the previous posts and could not find an answer. Thanks in advance.

Works like a charm with me. However, this has been discussed here and there by others already; the problem is, once you stick it on you can't remove it. At least not yet. Been looking for a solution everywhere.

It's been mentioned a few posts above that the code of the debug item and the 'delete' function command should work...But there doesn't seem to be a delete command so far and some items have no numbers in description, particularly the spawners.
Does anyone have more insight on this subject? If so, please share. Much appreciated in advance.
Mad Poster
#154 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 10:12 PM
This mod http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.php?topic=5177.0 replaces the route-fail animation with a different one, less intrusive and less noisy.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Instructor
#155 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 10:22 PM
Oh my god, YES!!! I love you! All that constant whining and screaming was driving me nuts. :P
Inventor
#156 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 10:49 PM
Thank you Shimrod!
Test Subject
#157 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 3:05 AM
Still not understanding how to get debug enabler to work!
I'm sorry, I still cannot get the debug enable commands to work in my game! I've read thru this thread, followed directions, and I am confused now because of all of the different things I've read. exactly where do I install the file?, and do I need to edit GameplaySystems.Dll? and where is that file? what do I do exactly? and last, you mentioned that Game Commands and World Commands can't be enabled without a Core Hack....what file is a core hack? is it the gameplaysystems.dll file? when I am in my game, I open the cheat window, type "Help" and I do not see any of the debug commands at all that you listed in this thread with the screenshots. I do not know what I am doing wrong. I am getting frustrated. please help me!
Field Researcher
#158 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 6:51 AM
I'm having an odd experience with the mods folder set up. I placed all the correct things in the Medieval Folder in the Program Files but nothing worked. I then removed them and placed them into the Medieval Folder [usual TS3 style] my documents and mods like no mosaic etc worked. I still can't get the edit kid clothing shift/right click even though I have successfully enabled testing cheats - from 0 to1 in the ini. I also don't see the huge list of cheats in the drop down help box I saw in the Cheats thread. BTW: I use window xp. I'm going nuts trying to work this out please someone .... What am I doing wrong?
Instructor
#159 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 2:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by goyahaslegs
I'm having an odd experience with the mods folder set up. I placed all the correct things in the Medieval Folder in the Program Files but nothing worked. I then removed them and placed them into the Medieval Folder [usual TS3 style] my documents and mods like no mosaic etc worked. I still can't get the edit kid clothing shift/right click even though I have successfully enabled testing cheats - from 0 to1 in the ini. I also don't see the huge list of cheats in the drop down help box I saw in the Cheats thread. BTW: I use window xp. I'm going nuts trying to work this out please someone .... What am I doing wrong?

Okay, let's go over a couple of things trying to figure this out.

1) Are you using Vista or Windows 7? If so, saving your ini might be a little tricky according to what I've read here (using XP myself so np there)
2) Do you have your resource.cfg in the proper folder?
3) Is your game patched (only matters for Rick's debug enabler)? You will only get the extended cheat list if the debug enabler is active, editing the ini will, however, enable you to SHIFT+right click any Sim and add them to the active family without any additional mods.

Just take your time to make sure you've got the framework set up properly and follow the instructions found in various threads how to edit your ini in Vista or Windows 7 if you run them and I'm sure you'll solve your problem. Happy simming!

Edit: Ooops, I just noticed you stated you're on XP. *facepalms*
Theorist
#160 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 3:13 PM Last edited by treeag : 31st Mar 2011 at 4:19 PM.
Here's autobuydebug, my first experimental mod for TSM that I made just to see how different the game is from TS3 http://www.mediafire.com/?hu3hh72h22olqo6 It's a script mod so you need d3dx9_31.dll in Game/Bin folder, but you don't need debugenabler and testingcheats. Maybe someone would like to try it.

Also, for those who can't/don't want to modify the Commands.ini, I put the modified file in a package so you don't need to touch your actual Commands.ini file. Just plop this package in your mods/packages folder and you're ready to go http://www.mediafire.com/?71xdjnbcirf7j7i You don't need d3dx9_31.dll for this one.
Field Researcher
#161 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 4:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rockerduck
Okay, let's go over a couple of things trying to figure this out.

1) Are you using Vista or Windows 7? If so, saving your ini might be a little tricky according to what I've read here (using XP myself so np there)
2) Do you have your resource.cfg in the proper folder?
3) Is your game patched (only matters for Rick's debug enabler)? You will only get the extended cheat list if the debug enabler is active, editing the ini will, however, enable you to SHIFT+right click any Sim and add them to the active family without any additional mods.

Just take your time to make sure you've got the framework set up properly and follow the instructions found in various threads how to edit your ini in Vista or Windows 7 if you run them and I'm sure you'll solve your problem. Happy simming!

Edit: Ooops, I just noticed you stated you're on XP. *facepalms*

Thank you so very much for taking the time to help me - it's greatly appreciated. I'm sure I've done something dumb and in my exuberance missed a key point. I'll follow your very clear and easy to understand instructions carefully. Thank you again.
Test Subject
#162 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 4:43 PM
Where can I get the d3dx9_31.dll file? is there a link for it? I am running windows 7 by the way. I still cannot get the debug console to work for me. can anyone help me?
Test Subject
#163 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 5:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by treeag
Here's autobuydebug, my first experimental mod for TSM that I made just to see how different the game is from TS3 http://www.mediafire.com/?hu3hh72h22olqo6 It's a script mod so you need d3dx9_31.dll in Game/Bin folder, but you don't need debugenabler and testingcheats. Maybe someone would like to try it.

Also, for those who can't/don't want to modify the Commands.ini, I put the modified file in a package so you don't need to touch your actual Commands.ini file. Just plop this package in your mods/packages folder and you're ready to go http://www.mediafire.com/?71xdjnbcirf7j7i You don't need d3dx9_31.dll for this one.

Is there a manual or readme or something that explains what your autobuydebug mod does and how to use it? BTW, glad you're on the case Treeag... you're one of my favorite modders. I love your stuff!
Theorist
#164 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 5:26 PM
Thanks, I'm still experimenting with this game The mod is very simple, it automatically enables the buydebug command without the need of a debugenabler, it works exactly the same as my autobuydebug mod for TS3. As for d3dx9_31.dll, here's a link http://mod.gib.me/sims3/files/d3dx9_31.dll
Test Subject
#165 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 5:34 PM
Damn, i wish EA released a mission creator or something!! That would be great.
Anyway, i think the solution for the debug objects deleting should be:
killobject <objectid> the objectid is for example in the description or name of the object. Has anyone tryed?
Instructor
#166 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 5:44 PM
@ Treeag

Very nice, thank you! Could you perhaps do the same for disableclothingfilter on? I always disable it to customize everyone to my liking. :-)
Test Subject
#167 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 6:01 PM
@Treeag: Thankyou Very Much! I put this in the bin folder, right? (just to make sure I am putting it in the correct place!)
Instructor
#168 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 6:05 PM
Game\Bin\ yup! :D
Test Subject
#169 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 6:14 PM
wow. still not working. for some reason, I have two commands.ini files. one in the gamedata/shared folder, and the other in the ini folder. both are modified for the testing cheats mod, and they are modified correctly, I have two resource.cfg files, one in the gamedata/shared folder, another in the simsmedieval/mods folder. I ALSO have two packages files. one in the simsmedieval/mods folder, and another in the gamedata/shared folder. WHICH CONFIGURATION IS CORRECT? WHAT ARE THE FOLDERS SUPPOSED TO LOOK LIKE? :O GRRR...I have no idea how this got out of hand. probably from reading too many directions. help please!
Forum Resident
#170 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 7:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by treeag

Do you mind if I put this up on my website? Winterhart's Sims Medieval It's a much better way to do the testing cheats. :lovestruc

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!
Instructor
#171 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 7:54 PM
@ bgrateful32

This should help? http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=438344
Test Subject
#172 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 8:39 PM Last edited by bgrateful32 : 31st Mar 2011 at 9:52 PM. Reason: adding on to post
This Just In!
well, it does a little, but I still do not know which resource.cfg file, which package file to remove since I have doubles. and also I have an extra command.ini file. I know I need to leave the other in the INI folder. that is correct.

and now there's been a new patch released.......version 1.2.3

just installed it. not sure if the testing cheats work yet with this new patch, but the debug cheats definitely are not working still.

I FINALLY got the debug console cheats to work! (at 4:52pm! lol!) I must have had the mods/resource.cfg folders installed wrong. so I deleted them, installed Ricks structure with the debug cheat file, and BAM! it works!!!! yay! thanks everyone for your help and patience
Test Subject
#173 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 10:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rick
This screenshot doesn't show much, but it is in fact, a custom quest, added with a single file, modifying none others, and it works just fine.

(the lack of text is because I didn't set up a string table for it)

ok I may sound like a nub here but where is the link to this custom quest?
Theorist
#174 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 5:41 AM Last edited by treeag : 1st Apr 2011 at 7:16 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Winterhart
Do you mind if I put this up on my website? Winterhart's Sims Medieval It's a much better way to do the testing cheats. :lovestruc

Go ahead
Test Subject
#175 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 8:03 AM
Is there a mod that; or is there a debug command that allows me to resend a sim back to CAS? Like the AwesomeMod did?

Reason I ask is that like 4 of my heroes suffer from the blue eye bug Their eyes were fine when I create them, but after adding a new outfit or dunno what, suddenly they ended up with Blue eyes. I'd hate to have to delete them and re-level them up

If not I hope the awesomemod folks eventually release a mod for TSM.

Also be nice to unlock the camera since it's currently giving me carpal tunnel
Page 7 of 24