Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
#351 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 11:17 AM Last edited by velocitygrass : 26th Apr 2011 at 9:01 PM.
Medieval CASPart Wrapper for S3PE

To avoid confusion, both versions of the wrapper have been moved here.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#352 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 12:04 PM
Will this also work for custom hairs ? I want custom hairs to show up for heroes too
Instructor
#353 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 12:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
Speaking of cameras, here's a couple interesting views from the wizard's tower:

How.... how?!
Mad Poster
#354 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 1:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by velocitygrass
Some clothing type flags have changed (e.g. EveryDay is NPC, Firefighting is Profession)

I don't make clothes so know nothing about CaSParts or Flags, but thought I'd mention that one of the XMLs lists up the valid clothing choices as Naked, Sleepwear, and Formal. As if all clothing is Formal instead of Everyday.

The Wrapper for viewing XML and Itun works a charm, excellent! I'm using the 32 bit converter with S3PE 1243, everything works fine.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Scholar
#355 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 3:33 PM Last edited by Enjoji : 10th Apr 2011 at 4:57 PM. Reason: updated post - rather than post twice ;)
Yay velocitygrass!! Thank you for this add-on to S3PE... I had downloaded the other wrapper earlier in this thread, and spent most of the day yesterday tearing my hair out trying to enable certain outfits to work in CAS. I'm sure with the extra information you've given with this download, I may be able to figure it out. One question though - I don't know if I'm doing the right thing, but I have been selecting and exporting all files relative to a certain outfit, and re-importing them in S3PE to create a new package to try in-game - rather than saving any changes direct to the SASBuild02; is that the right way of doing things? Or should I just change the properties within an outfit's CASPart file and save that on its own? All this is kinda new, so I'm learning as I go along - sorry if I sound like an idiot, lol...

Any help would be much appreciated from anyone willing to explain where I'm going wrong...

Thanks again velocitygrass! Off I go to tear some more hair out :D

EDIT UPDATE - Eureka!! I managed to unlock the Golem outfit using your instructions, velocitygrass!! Yay!! I've been dying to get my hands on that, lol... I unlocked both the outfit and the mask (under Hats); wow - you learn something new everyday :D
Thought I'd attach a pic - am quite proud of this small achievement, lol - my very first one
Screenshots

...Titanium white...
Test Subject
#356 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 4:39 PM
Hi silly question but is there anyway of making my sims anatomically correct ive got the TummyZa's hairy skin which is awsome and good job to TZ but my sims still lack certain parts which betrays there licentious natures.

Thanks in advance and I have been pretty throrough in searching for posts so hopefully this shouldnt be a duplicate.
Inventor
#357 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 5:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by akbaa
Will this also work for custom hairs ? I want custom hairs to show up for heroes too
Possibly. You can try to set the Profession flag and the flags for the professions that you want it to appear for. Changing instance ID shouldn't be necessary for custom hairs.

Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
I don't make clothes so know nothing about CaSParts or Flags, but thought I'd mention that one of the XMLs lists up the valid clothing choices as Naked, Sleepwear, and Formal. As if all clothing is Formal instead of Everyday.
From the flags that I've seen, I think that anything that's neither Naked nor Sleepwear is probably normal. I've skimmed over the CASParts just now and the only time the Formal flag was set was for afAccessoryWeddingRing. But the everyday flag doesn't exist and it's good confirmation that it's also not in the XMLs.

Thanks for letting me know that the wrapper works!

Quote: Originally posted by Enjoji
I don't know if I'm doing the right thing, but I have been selecting and exporting all files relative to a certain outfit, and re-importing them in S3PE to create a new package to try in-game - rather than saving any changes direct to the SASBuild02;
I have to admit my previous experience with CASPart is limited to setting the ValidForMaternity flag for male clothing (before we had proper ones) and removing the ValidForRandom flags for the holiday specific store clothes in The Sims 3. There it was no problem to export the CASP resource and create a new package from it with just the changed flags.

In my tests I have done the following:
  • Export the CASP resource of an outfit I wanted to change flags of
  • Create a new empty package
  • Import the previously exported resource, checking "Use resource name", appending screenname to the name, and clicking "FNV64"
  • Changing the flags as needed via Grid
  • Saving package and putting it in Mod/Packages

(So I didn't export all the resources, just the CASP one.)

I still wonder why changes in flags don't seem to take effect if you leave the instance ID alone. And I have to admit I didn't try this together with the outfit filter cheat. (I haven't tried any of the cheats so far. I haven't even finished my first Ambition!) So maybe with the outfit filter cheat a change in instance ID is not necessary.

If someone has any info on that, it would be very helpful.
Scholar
#358 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 5:13 PM
Possibly. You can try to set the Profession flag and the flags for the professions that you want it to appear for. Changing instance ID shouldn't be necessary for custom hairs.

From the flags that I've seen, I think that anything that's neither Naked nor Sleepwear is probably normal. I've skimmed over the CASParts just now and the only time the Formal flag was set was for afAccessoryWeddingRing. But the everyday flag doesn't exist and it's good confirmation that it's also not in the XMLs.

Thanks for letting me know that the wrapper works!

I have to admit my previous experience with CASPart is limited to setting the ValidForMaternity flag for male clothing (before we had proper ones) and removing the ValidForRandom flags for the holiday specific store clothes in The Sims 3. There it was no problem to export the CASP resource and create a new package from it with just the changed flags.

In my tests I have done the following:
  • Export the CASP resource of an outfit I wanted to change flags of
  • Create a new empty package
  • Import the previously exported resource, checking "Use resource name", appending screenname to the name, and clicking "FNV64"
  • Changing the flags as needed via Grid
  • Saving package and putting it in Mod/Packages

(So I didn't export all the resources, just the CASP one.)

I still wonder why changes in flags don't seem to take effect if you leave the instance ID alone. And I have to admit I didn't try this together with the outfit filter cheat. (I haven't tried any of the cheats so far. I haven't even finished my first Ambition!) So maybe with the outfit filter cheat a change in instance ID is not necessary.

If someone has any info on that, it would be very helpful.

I did manage to figure it out while I was waiting for an answer, but at least I have confirmation I was doing the right thing. Thanks velocitygrass for your instructions and the S3PE wrapper!! You're a lifesaver
I do have the clothing filter running in my game, but I wasn't able to get any NPC outfits (like the Grim Reaper or Golem) to show up. I followed your instructions, and have managed to unlock the Golem outfit (body and head) and the clothing filter cheat is still running underneath - and all seems well. Not sure about the instance ID thing - maybe keeping the original and trying to change it will conflict in-game, and cause it not to show? I don't know much either, lol...

...Titanium white...
Lab Assistant
#359 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 6:06 PM
Now i understand the thing about changing professions, and i suppose it would work...but there is a problem : While the medieval hairs have all this information about professions and so on, the caspart section of custom hairs is rather empty in comparison. I didnt find a way to edit the content of the caspart either. Trying to simply swap it with the caspart of one of the medieval hairs also didnt work. I had a blank head in CAS afterwards...
Test Subject
#360 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 6:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TummyZa
Hmm

More hairy

Thank you (I'm using the less hairy version)! Now my super burly blacksmith actually LOOKS like a super burly blacksmith!

Does the amount of body hair vary depending on the body type? My blacksmith is smooth (the better to see his definition!) and my skinny-ish spy has more hair. If that's as designed - it is brilliant!
Instructor
#361 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 6:25 PM
I think it's because the texture is "stretched" on a bigger body so the hair looks more sparse. But yeah, a burly hairy blacksmith is indeed a great improvement to the game! :P

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Giblets for hire
Original Poster
#362 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 8:13 PM

Changes/additions to the Sims 3 CASPart info:
  • Some clothing type flags have changed (e.g. EveryDay is NPC, Firefighting is Profession)
  • Blend info index elder
  • Blend info index teen
  • Medieval Profession flag
  • shoe material (Unknown4)
  • outfit material
  • unknown byte[4] that seems to be always four zero bytes
I've finally committed my code to my repository, here's my implementation for CASPart that is 100% correct.
Inventor
#363 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 10:14 PM Last edited by velocitygrass : 26th Apr 2011 at 8:59 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by akbaa
Now i understand the thing about changing professions, and i suppose it would work...but there is a problem : While the medieval hairs have all this information about professions and so on, the caspart section of custom hairs is rather empty in comparison. I didnt find a way to edit the content of the caspart either. Trying to simply swap it with the caspart of one of the medieval hairs also didnt work. I had a blank head in CAS afterwards...
Yes, you're right. For Sims 3 CC the fields will be missing and if you just take a Medieval one all references would need to be redone. But I have an experimental solution:

To avoid confusion, both versions of the wrapper have been moved here.
Scholar
#364 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 10:20 PM
Yes, you're right. For Sims 3 CC the fields will be missing and if you just take a Medieval one all references would need to be redone. But I have an experimental solution:

Attached you'll find a version of the CASP Wrapper for S3PE that will also read regular S3 CASP resources and turn them into Medieval ones:

Steps to turn S3 CC into Medieval CC:
  • Install the wrapper as explained in the readme
  • Make a copy of the package you want to turn
  • Open the copy in S3PE
  • Find the CASP resource, where in the value pane you'll see "WARNING: This is not a Medieval CASP!"
  • Go into Grid and set the Clothing Flag for Profession (I have made it so that flags for all professions are preset)
  • Save the package and put into your Medieval mods folder

This will only fix problems with the CASP format. In my test with the New Years hat there were clipping issues, which the wrapper obviously can't fix.
The Wrapper will set the elder and teen blend info index to the one for fit. I hope that it won't matter because there are no teens and elders in Medieval. I also set the outfit material to "cloth". And the version info will be changed to that of Medieval.

This will break your CC for The Sims 3, so work on copies!

Woo-hoo, awesome stuff again velocitygrass! Will play around with this and see what results I come up with. Question though - can this wrapper be still used to modify the Medieval CASParts, or would we need to swap back to the previous wrapper you uploaded? In short, does this do both jobs - Medieval and Sims 3, or Sim 3 only? Am I making sense, lol?

Many thanks for this :D

...Titanium white...
Inventor
#365 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 10:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Enjoji
Woo-hoo, awesome stuff again velocitygrass! Will play around with this and see what results I come up with. Question though - can this wrapper be still used to modify the Medieval CASParts, or would we need to swap back to the previous wrapper you uploaded? In short, does this do both jobs - Medieval and Sims 3, or Sim 3 only? Am I making sense, lol?
Yes, you're making sense

To answer your question: This will handle Medieval files as before. So you can use this with both types of files. The only important thing to remember is that this wrapper will turn any CASP resource it can read into a Medieval one. So even though it can read Sims 3 CASP resources, it can't write them. But as long as you're making modifications for Medieval you're good to go.
Scholar
#366 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 10:35 PM
Yes, you're making sense

To answer your question: This will handle Medieval files as before. So you can use this with both types of files. The only important thing to remember is that this wrapper will turn any CASP resource it can read into a Medieval one. So even though it can read Sims 3 CASP resources, it can't write them. But as long as you're making modifications for Medieval you're good to go.

Awesome-sauce! Thank you for the explanation; am very excited about this! Thanks once again velocitygrass! And I'm glad I was making sense - I don't often do that, lolol :D

...Titanium white...
Test Subject
#367 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 10:35 PM Last edited by TheHologramMan : 13th Apr 2011 at 2:46 AM.
Please go to http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=439543 for updated versions of this mod.

Here is a new mod to allow adding and removing abilities from Sims. This is similar to the debug option to switch Professions but allows removal of abilities and also adding more obscure ones. The commands can be found under the "Debug..." menu added to every sim.

The list of abilities exposed by this mod are:
Advisor,Combat,Commerce,Constable,Execution,Gathering,Geology,Herbalism,Jester,Lore,Lutecraft,Magic,Magicraft,Medcraft,Medicine,Metalworking,OffensiveSpells,Performance, Poisons,Politics,Royalty,Scoundrel,Selling,Tactics,Treatment,UtilitySpells

The faith abilities were not exposed. Certain abilities are tied to the profession (like memorizing spells, pickpocketing, faith conversion) and are not affected by this. I honestly dont know how many of these are useful but you can add spells to any sim now including Monarchs.

4/11 04:00 UTC
v 1.1 - Added more options to menu
* Edit in CAS - Made a copy here to clean up the root menu on Sims
* Change Faith To - Change between the 3 faiths. Can fix problems with menus not appearing on Sim but must be done with another sim active.
* Add Change Fatal Flaw / Legendary Trait menu
* Add Max Motives (maximizes many good motives and minimizes some bad ones)
Attached files:
File Type: zip  TZ-DynamicProfession_v1.1.zip (8.1 KB, 4213 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip  TZ-DynamicProfession_v1.0.zip (5.2 KB, 547 downloads) - View custom content
Scholar
#368 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 10:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheHologramMan
Here is a new mod to allow adding and removing abilities from Sims. This is similar to the debug option to switch Professions but allows removal of abilities and also adding more obscure ones. The commands can be found under the "Debug..." menu added to every sim.

The list of abilities exposed by this mod are:
Advisor,Combat,Commerce,Constable,Execution,Gathering,Geology,Herbalism,Jester,Lore,Lutecraft,Magic,Magicraft,Medcraft,Medicine,Metalworking,OffensiveSpells,Performance, Poisons,Politics,Royalty,Scoundrel,Selling,Tactics,Treatment,UtilitySpells

The faith abilities were not exposed. Certain abilities are tied to the profession (like memorizing spells, pickpocketing, faith conversion) and are not affected by this. I honestly dont know how many of these are useful but you can add spells to any sim now including Monarchs.

Hot dang, this must be my lucky day lolol - all these wonderful mods coming out; I can't keep up, lol! Thank you TheHologramMan! I just read the other thread, and that answered my question on the WizardKing mod

Also - I posted this question on another thread, but it can get some exposure here - I'm in the process of unlocking all the Knight outfits and helms, for both sexes, for upload here for the community (with thanks to velocitygrass' wrapper and instructions). I have managed to find most of them, but am missing a few as I can't find them in the SASBuild02; I know they're there, but their names aren't immediately apparent. I did a search to see if I could find a source that had both the filenames and the pictures so I can compare and eliminate, but haven't found anything yet. Anyone have any ideas on how I figure them out? I would really like to have them all and upload them for everyone...

...Titanium white...
Inventor
#369 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 11:05 PM
I wanted to do some tests on how the outfit filter works and went through all of the amBody CASPs, trying to find those that weren't unlocked by the disableclothingfilter cheat. Here's a list with no guarantee of completeness: amBody, amBodyBurnedPajamas, amBodyConstableNPC, amBodyEvilKnight, amBodyGolemNPC, amBodyKnightAsymPauldrons, amBodyKnightBelt, amBodyKnightChestBelt, amBodyKnightElegant, amBodyKnightShinGuards, amBodyKnightSword , amBodyKnightTunicChainmail, amBodyOffDutyKnightTiedBoots, amBodyPaladin, amBodyReaperNPC, amBodyWoundedPajamas.

Again, this is just amBody. I'm still not really happy with the solution of generating new Instance IDs, because it basically creates unnecessary copies and makes it impossible to share sims with those outfits. I think the reason the Knight Gear is locked is that it's supposed to be used out of the inventory and not in CAS (is there a cheat to get a the village shop to have the complete inventory?). The rest seem to be special (Singed/Wounded/Sleepwear) or the ones for special NPCs. But it's still nice that there is a way at all.
Scholar
#370 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 11:14 PM Last edited by Enjoji : 11th Apr 2011 at 12:13 AM.
It is nice there is a way; I have seen others requesting the Knight outfits as use for everyday Profession wear, and I'll admit that I wanted that myself too.. it would be cool to have your Knight Captain wandering the Kingdom looking like he meant business without having to go through quests to do it. Most of the Knight items you posted up I have found, bar one or two. I'll go back through the SASBuild and unlock the ones I didn't have on your list - hopefully it'll be enough

It would be cool to have a mod to unlock all the Knight stuff at the Village store; that might be an easier way of doing things. I'll keep going at this until then though, lol - makes me feel like I'm contributing in some way

I get what you mean about the instances, but it's still great that you've done all this so far with the wrappers - and the newest one works a treat. Just tried it, lol!

EDIT UPDATE: Just wanted to say to velocitygrass - and anyone else - if, for some reason (like myself) you decide to have Sim3 CC hair in your game, and you want the SAME hair for both sexes, and you install it separately for different Professions (eg - the same hair installed twice - Monarch and Bard for Female, Spy and Wizard for Male), I found that I had to change the instances on the male hair in order for it to show up. It looks like, as with the Medieval hair and clothing, having two of the same instances clash and it won't show. So, just follow the same instructions that velocitygrass has above re: changing the instances, and the hair should show - I just did that and it worked
Just a heads-up for anyone doing CC hair that way

...Titanium white...
Theorist
#371 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 5:33 AM
How many people are having problems with losing self interaction after editing sims in CAS? I can't reproduce the problem What is your patch level, and were you editing an NPC or hero?
Tentacle Of Righteousness
#372 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 5:39 AM
Thanks velocitygrass for that wrapper..anyone else having problems with the reaper's outfit/hair? Got the outfit no problem and the wings, but the hair does not produce the hood for me merely a bald head with mostly invis neck

Alt 255
The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned
to a dead channel.
Lab Assistant
#373 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 5:41 AM

Attached you'll find a version of the CASP Wrapper for S3PE that will also read regular S3 CASP resources and turn them into Medieval ones:

Steps to turn S3 CC into Medieval CC:
  • Install the wrapper as explained in the readme
  • Make a copy of the package you want to turn
  • Open the copy in S3PE
  • Find the CASP resource, where in the value pane you'll see "WARNING: This is not a Medieval CASP!"
  • Go into Grid and set the Clothing Flag for Profession (I have made it so that flags for all professions are preset)
  • Save the package and put into your Medieval mods folder

This will only fix problems with the CASP format. In my test with the New Years hat there were clipping issues, which the wrapper obviously can't fix.
The Wrapper will set the elder and teen blend info index to the one for fit. I hope that it won't matter because there are no teens and elders in Medieval. I also set the outfit material to "cloth". And the version info will be changed to that of Medieval.

This will break your CC for The Sims 3, so work on copies!

Thanks a lot for this ! It actually worked and i got my custom hair to show up for heroes as well As it seems, there are actually a lot of other professions. Are these the original Sims 3 professions or the generic npc professions ? Also it seems as if you also need to click on the profession flag in the category above medieval professions in order for the hair to show up.
So yes, great work...now i only need to replicate this step with about 100 more hairs....:P

Do you think this could work for clothing too by the way ? Sets of clothing should be ok with it, i suppose it only gets difficult when its only shoes or accesories...
Test Subject
#374 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 5:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by treeag
How many people are having problems with losing self interaction after editing sims in CAS? I can't reproduce the problem What is your patch level, and were you editing an NPC or hero?

I have probably 2 or 3 times running 1.2.3.00107. Also reproduced using my version of your mod which does the same thing so likely related to CAS. I was also using my Legendary trait as Fatal Flaw mod.

Seems to be related to the Religion not being set properly. So probably throwing exception while processing menu options.

I noticed this on a couple test runs where I did things like change the sex of the hero. May have messed around with Traits/Flaws as well. I added an option to my dynamic profession mod to set the Faith and that fixes it. You have to do it while as another sim though.

Edit in CAS will also lose the Sim's name if edited but if edited again the name is correct. (Only changed first name in testing)

I'm thinking maybe add a check on the initialize to see if the Sim has a valid Religion and if not then set it to Agnostic. Which would eventually fix it on load but not immediately.
Instructor
#375 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 5:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by treeag

I'm having the same problem. Only with NPC Sims when I make them selectable though, not with my heroes. I'm playing on a mac, so my version is 1.1.10.0001

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Page 15 of 24