Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Giblets for hire
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 10:17 AM Last edited by Rick : 29th Apr 2011 at 8:29 AM.
Default Mods
(note that TSM doesn't support TS3's Resource.cfg in Documents, it's back to the game directory for now)

No intro

I made No Intro on request, so I'm reposting it here. Rather than be dedicated to this simple mod, why not a thread for modding discussion/release/etc?

Debug enabler (for version 1.3.13)
Debug enabler (for version 1.2.3)
Debug enabler (for version 1.1.10)

You will need to enable TestingCheatsEnabled as described in this post in order to enable the debug commands.

Bugfix: Spell Rune Combinations

Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 5:37 PM
Is a no mosaic coming down the pipe?
Test Subject
#3 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 5:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by abbysinthe
Is a no mosaic coming down the pipe?

i hope too mosaic it's so ... ugly
Theorist
#4 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 6:02 PM
I am interested to know how much build mode code remains, ie could it be re-enabled in a sense?

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 6:47 PM
I like how the sims bow down to show respect to the monarch; and I like how regal the monarchs act; I also really really love how they have servants that do real actual chores like sweeping and scrubbing the floors. I wonder if someone could extract those animations from TSM and make it to where TS3 sims can do those animations also....Hmmm! Just a thought...
Field Researcher
#6 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 8:22 PM
*Stares at camera file* Please... Someone... Tell me how to make it stop annoying me! The constant switching from Pan to Rotate. The random bouts of zooming in or out randomly.

I have been spoiled! I like seeing all sides of my doll house! Curse you Sims games with your walls that disappear so I can look from the front, back, and sides... And... I miss bird's eye view while decorating! T_T

Still totally addicted though. :D

And never again, and never again...They gave us two shots to the back of the head... And we're all dead now...
Field Researcher
#7 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 8:27 PM
I wonder if people could make custom quests. It would be cool to try something that other players come up with. Maybe there is a way to make them unique in a sense.
Test Subject
#8 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 9:04 PM
+1 for the mosaic mod... that thing is ridiculous..
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#9 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 9:12 PM
rosiecheeks1980 - Transferring mods from one game to another isn't really something we're going to discuss here, as EA hasn't allowed such ports in the past and is unlikely to do so now. Thanks.

To all:

Please note this is not a requests thread. The game is -just- out and it is unclear what aspects will be moddable. If folks have mods to post (as Rick has done) they can do so here until/when/if/etc. MTS has a section for Medieval mods (whether we will or not will depend entirely on how moddable it is). This thread can also function as a discussion on modding techniques, links to tutorials, tips and info on modding, etc., until we decide whether or not we want to make a Medieval Modding Discussion forum. But again, no requests, please. Thanks.
Test Subject
#10 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 9:31 PM Last edited by ridoo : 25th Mar 2011 at 3:27 PM.
NoMosaic?

here!
Attached files:
File Type: rar  The_Sims_Medieval_-_NoMosaic_1.1.10.rar (119.7 KB, 48383 downloads) - View custom content
Field Researcher
#11 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 10:28 PM
I know I could think of lot's of idea's.........but I'll respect HP and keep them to my self. What should be ok to muse about though (and up HP's alley ) Is how cool skins and a few other minor improvements in the sim's looks would be. Of course simple because it is the Middle Ages after all. I really like this game so far!

Burn The midnight oil, it will be daylight soon...
Field Researcher
#12 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 10:35 PM
OK...I'm going to be the noob! Where do you put these DL's that you're featuring here? Do we need to make a "Mods" folder like in TS3?
A few more details if you please!

Whatever you do, do it ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31
My mission: To fill the gaps!
Join me on my new Discord channel!
Snag my creations from my LiveJournal!
Giblets for hire
Original Poster
#13 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 10:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kristie91
I wonder if people could make custom quests. It would be cool to try something that other players come up with. Maybe there is a way to make them unique in a sense.
Quests actually look very simple to add in, this is what I'm looking into now.

Quote: Originally posted by jbeach34
OK...I'm going to be the noob! Where do you put these DL's that you're featuring here? Do we need to make a "Mods" folder like in TS3?
A few more details if you please!
Yes, it's like The Sims 3 was at release.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 10:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rick
Quests actually look very simple to add in, this is what I'm looking into now.

Yes, it's like The Sims 3 was at release.

Thank you Rick! I guess if I'd opened the .package before commenting, I would've known! Sorry! -ish!

But you knew that had to be asked by someone!!!

Whatever you do, do it ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31
My mission: To fill the gaps!
Join me on my new Discord channel!
Snag my creations from my LiveJournal!
Test Subject
#15 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 11:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ridoo
NoMosaic?

here!

great thanks
Eminence Grise
#16 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 2:40 AM Last edited by Srikandi : 24th Mar 2011 at 3:03 AM.
Hmm, no "thanks" button, since there's no upload thread y et

Thanks Rick! I love Patrick Stewart, but even he wears a lil thin eventually

Edit: TS3 patterns work in TSM! Or, at least, some of them. I just moved one of my patterns created with Delphy's pattern packager into my new TSM mod folder (this one: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=351349 ), and it loaded with no problems, and works in game Only thing is that it shows up in the Misc category, instead of its original category, which was Tile.

I don't know about patterns created with TSRW or CAP, somebody else will have to test those

But I'm pretty excited, because TSM needz moar patternz
Test Subject
#17 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 3:32 AM
anyone tried custom skins yet. i get the feeling they wont work since looks like they changed the bone structure of the sims in this alot since the face movement is alot better and less stiff as the sims 3.
on another note both the no intro and uncensor work witih no problems.
Test Subject
#18 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 3:44 AM
So we have to make a mods folder in documents, like TS3? And just stick it in there, no problem? /slow
Test Subject
#19 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 3:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by globalprincess
So we have to make a mods folder in documents, like TS3? And just stick it in there, no problem? /slow

no put the mods in the medevial folder like we orginaly had to do with the sim 3
Test Subject
#20 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 3:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sidfu
no put the mods in the medevial folder like we orginaly had to do with the sim 3

. . . Just drop it in there?
Test Subject
#21 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 4:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by globalprincess
. . . Just drop it in there?

the path for it should be like this
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval

so basicaly u just drop it in there exactly the same way u had to do the sim 3 orginaly before ea added the mods file in the my documents
Test Subject
#22 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 4:21 AM
The program files way! There we go . . I was not there when orginal sims 3 was released, so. pfft. When I get my games, I patch 'em up. But, oh well. Thanks~
Test Subject
#23 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 4:27 AM
they work with the current patch so u fine
Giblets for hire
Original Poster
#24 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 5:02 AM
This screenshot doesn't show much, but it is in fact, a custom quest, added with a single file, modifying none others, and it works just fine.

(the lack of text is because I didn't set up a string table for it)

Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 5:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rick
This screenshot doesn't show much, but it is in fact, a custom quest, added with a single file, modifying none others, and it works just fine.

(the lack of text is because I didn't set up a string table for it)

Doesnt show MUCH? This opens the door to endless potential of custom quests!!! OMG I LOVE YOUUUU!!!
Page 1 of 24