Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#26 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 9:34 PM
I cant save either way, and when I make a copy of the Commands-file to replace the original it goes from .ini to .txt and wont work I have XP.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 9:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jbeach34
Alright Rick, why can't I get this to save? See Pic...

I actually click "Save" under File, but every time it comes up as "Save As"!? And then it asks to replace - I say "Yes", but then this "Try Again" comes up?

Any clues?!? ... Thanks!

For me it worked with simply copying the file to another folder, editing it with Notepad++ and then overwriting the old one.

(N++ DL here: http://notepad-plus-plus.org/ )
Test Subject
#28 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 10:09 PM
For Mac OSX, its Applications\The Sims Medieval\Contents\Resources\transgaming\c_drive\program files\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval\Game Data\Shared\NonPackaged\ini\Commands.ini

Open with Text Edit, change the 0 to a 1, and vola!
Giblets for hire
#29 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 10:30 PM

I actually click "Save" under File, but every time it comes up as "Save As"!? And then it asks to replace - I say "Yes", but then this "Try Again" comes up?

Any clues?!? ... Thanks!
The file is marked as read-only, as the dialog says. Try opening the file properties and unchecking read-only.
Field Researcher
#30 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 10:52 PM
are there any costume unlocking cheats? I'd love to edit my "queen consort's" gown to one of the monarch gowns.
Test Subject
#31 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 11:34 PM

Any clues?!? ... Thanks!

What I did was, I saved it as a .txt file on the desktop, after that I changed the file type from .txt to .ini and dragged it back into the sims folder.

You can probably try that and see if it helps.
Instructor
#32 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 12:12 AM
Do I really NEED them? Oh, come on. What kind of core hack are you talking about and where do we get one?
Field Researcher
#33 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 12:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rick
The file is marked as read-only, as the dialog says. Try opening the file properties and unchecking read-only.

Thank you Rick! This helped, and I was able to save without any problems! ~ Now, let's hope it worked!

Whatever you do, do it ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31
My mission: To fill the gaps!
Join me on my new Discord channel!
Snag my creations from my LiveJournal!
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 1:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Le Carrera
Do I really NEED them? Oh, come on. What kind of core hack are you talking about and where do we get one?

I'm the same! My curiosity has been provoked!

I don't use custom content in my downloads unless I believe it is really necessary.
Please do not claim my work as your own.
Test Subject
#35 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 1:57 PM

Any clues?!? ... Thanks!

If you look at the pic, you can see it says "Read Only"....you need to right click on the file name BEFORE you open it, select properties and click on the read only button, changing it to read/write and then you're good to go!
Test Subject
#36 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 4:36 PM Last edited by dudesim4 : 25th Mar 2011 at 4:37 PM. Reason: can't write
This what I done..copy to desktop..Make a newfolder save to newfolder copy it an paste it back to where you got it..
Forum Resident
#37 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 6:39 AM Last edited by Winterhart : 31st Mar 2011 at 7:43 PM. Reason: add information
Default First Mod for Sims Medieval
World commands, cheats:

You can enable these by editing X:\Path\To\The Sims Medieval\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Ini\Commands.ini and changing TestingCheatsEnabled=0 to TestingCheatsEnabled=1

Update

Treeag made a great mod for this! Much simpler! Get it here. Mods Thread - #160

I edited that .ini file and posted it as a mod on Winterhart's Sims Medieval for those who are not comfortable editing .ini files.

I included instructions on how to install and uninstall it.

Here is the list of cheats I have posted on the web site above. These are all accessible from the cheat console.

This is the list I got when I typed the Help cheat. I haven't tested all of these yet.

Access Cheats Window = Shift + Control + C
Exit Cheats Window = ESCape
DisableSnappingToSlotsOnAlt on/off - When on, objects will not snap to slots while holding ALT (not tested)
enablellamas on/off - toggles Llama Mode (not tested)
fadeObjects on/off - Toggles whether objects fade when the camera gets close to them. (not tested)
fps on/off - Toggles the frame rate display in the upper right corner of the screen. (not tested)
Fullscreen on/off - Toggles between full screen and windowed modes.
Help - Prints most cheats.
hideHeadlineEffects on/off - Removes all plumbobs and thought balloons above Sims.
kaching - Adds $1,000 to active Sim's funds.
maptags on/off - Toggles map tags on and off (It's not invalid, but I don't see any change in the game. Then again I could just be blind)
motherlode - Adds $50,000 to active Sim's funds.
quit - quits the game (duh)
recordvideo [small/medium/large] [low/moderate/high/max] - Starts recording video with specified size and quality. (not tested)
RerollQuests - Re-randomizes the available quests. (not tested)
slowMotionViz - Puts visuals in slow motion. 0 = Normal, 8 = Slowest (not tested)
speed - Sets game speed. 0 = paused, 4 = ultra speed through current actions. (not tested)
----------------------------------------------------------
Cheat updates
I found a list of 21 cheats at Pub Articles - Complete The Sims Medieval Cheat Code List
Of those 21, 4 of them are already on my list. Out of the remaining 17 only 4 are valid.

The valid ones are:
ShowAllQuests - unlocks all quests
DisableClothingFilter - Disables clothing filter
DisableRespos - Disables Responsibilities of active Sim
EnableRespos - Enables Responsibilities of active Sim
setMood [min, max, supermax, or whatever % you want] Set mood of active Sim

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!
Giblets for hire
#38 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 9:28 AM
What do you mean by "valid"? because the ones that are listed that are not spoiled are present.
Eminence Grise
#39 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 11:00 AM
Hmm, RerollQuests looks very handy I'll try that one out tomorrow for sure and report back (since you list it as "untested"). Sometimes I don't see one that uses the hero I want to play, or helps the aspects I want to fortify.
Test Subject
#40 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 11:41 AM
What does the disableclothingfilter cheat do? I don't get it - i typed it in and the clothes are all the same.
Field Researcher
#41 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 11:54 AM
JacunPL, I had to type "disableclothingfilter on". It let me select from all of the clothing when I next created a Sim, excluding any type of sleepwear. It also did not unlock profession-related headwear, such as the crown.
Giblets for hire
#42 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 12:09 PM
Well, I didn't know other parts of the script system could add commands now, but disableclothingfilter is the only one of note that I didn't list.
Instructor
#43 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 6:12 PM
So there is no core hack? I'm confused
Mad Poster
#44 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 6:36 PM
So noboby's found a "move objects on" cheat?
Field Researcher
#45 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 6:43 PM
"moveobjects on" worked for me just a few minutes ago. I used it to move a Sim.
Giblets for hire
#46 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 6:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Le Carrera
So there is no core hack? I'm confused
See OP of Mods thread.
Instructor
#47 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 7:07 PM
For some reason "moveObjects" and DisabelClothingFilter" don't work for me... "Motherlode" and "HideHeadlineEffects" do, perfectly.

It's so frustrating when you want to change the outfit of another Sim, there's so little options!

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Test Subject
#48 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 7:19 PM
It's set as read-only by default. The easiest way to deal with that is to copy the file to say, your desktop, edit it, and copy it back -- this should also prompt any UAC dialogs (if you're on Windows Vista or Windows 7).

Actually, the easiest way is to right click on it, select properties, then uncheck the read-only box then click ok.
Field Researcher
#49 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 7:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alexpilgrim
For some reason "moveObjects" and DisabelClothingFilter" don't work for me... "Motherlode" and "HideHeadlineEffects" do, perfectly.

It's so frustrating when you want to change the outfit of another Sim, there's so little options!

"moveobjects on" and "disableclothingfilter on" worked for me. I've enabled testing cheats for my game; I don't know if that's why.
Instructor
#50 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 7:50 PM
Oh, I see... but the "TestingCheatsEnabled" cheat doesn't work either, do you mean you edited the game file as they mentioned above?

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Page 2 of 6