Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#51 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 8:33 PM
Yes, I altered my "commands.ini" file to set the testing cheats to be true. Is this something that you're able/willing to try? I'm not sure if those cheats will work any other way, at the moment.
Advertisement
Instructor
#52 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 8:42 PM
Yes, why not, I can always make a backup OK, I'll scroll up for the instructions, I think I've seen them somewhere in a previous post.

I wonder if "DisableClothingFilter" will work fot the "Plan Another Sim's Outfit..." interaction?

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Field Researcher
#53 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 9:42 PM
Yeah, the instructions are somewhere above. It involves changing a line in commands.ini (in programs/electronic arts/sims medieval/gamedata/shared/nonpackaged/ini/) from "testingcheastenabled=0" to "testingcheatsenabled=1". Apologies if any of that's incorrect, but you can find them elsewhere if need be.

You might need to copy the commands.ini file to another folder, and you'll amost certainly have to alter its properties (right-click, "properties") to not be read-only. If you can't get it to work for any reason, I can send you my edited file.

And yes, I checked, and the disable does work for editing another Sim's oufit. I just changed my build master to wear a priest robe.
Instructor
#54 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 9:57 PM
Yep, it works, thanks!

Too bad the profession hairs can't be unlocked, I thought it fit that the Royal Consort would wear a crown, but oh well...

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Field Researcher
#55 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 10:14 PM
Glad it worked! I have no clue why the hairs don't unlock along with the clothes, but hopefully someone will find a way to make that happen. TS3 does it via "unlockoutfits", so maybe someone can find a way to do that for TSM via a mod.
Test Subject
#56 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 1:00 AM
Eep.
*is slow* There's too many instructions in here all going on at the same time. Someone want to give a breakdown? (Like, first download file and put in applicable folder, second change commands.ini, third type this in the game, etc.) Obviously I know steps one and two haha, but then I'm befuddled. This is all amazing, by the way.
Field Researcher
#57 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 1:11 AM
Instructions depends on what you're trying to do. There are certain cheats available in the game without any modification; then, there are others which only unlock when you have enabled testing cheats (things like moveobjects on). I don't know the full list of cheats which become unlocked, but I believe a list of those available by default can be found earlier in the thread.

Using an unlocked cheat: If you wanted a cheat such as "moveobjects on", you would need to first alter your commands.ini file, and then use Shift-CTRL-C in game to bring up the cheats window, and type in "moveobjects on". To my knowledge, cheats work pretty much the same way as they do in Sims 3, if you're familiar with using those.

By and large, installation of files shouldn't be required for cheats, only mods, which are slightly different (and have their own, stickied thread at the top of this forum).

Does this help?
Forum Resident
#58 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 1:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
Hmm, RerollQuests looks very handy I'll try that one out tomorrow for sure and report back (since you list it as "untested"). Sometimes I don't see one that uses the hero I want to play, or helps the aspects I want to fortify.
You could use showAllQuests.

[/QUOTE]

You're right it does absolutely nothing.

Quote: Originally posted by Rick
What do you mean by "valid"? because the ones that are listed that are not spoiled are present.
That's what I mean, they are present.

Quote: Originally posted by tedw
JacunPL, I had to type "disableclothingfilter on". It let me select from all of the clothing when I next created a Sim, excluding any type of sleepwear. It also did not unlock profession-related headwear, such as the crown.

Thanks for the information. I'll update my post here and on my website.

Quote: Originally posted by bridgett
*is slow* There's too many instructions in here all going on at the same time. Someone want to give a breakdown? (Like, first download file and put in applicable folder, second change commands.ini, third type this in the game, etc.) Obviously I know steps one and two haha, but then I'm befuddled. This is all amazing, by the way.

I have already edited the ini file and you can get it and the step by step instructions on my web site.
Winterhart's Sims Medieval

Here are the instructions on how to install it.

Back up your game first.

How to install Mod

1. Download Commands.rar
Important - Do not extract the modified .ini file from Commands.rar until you complete the steps below.
2. Create a folder on your desktop and give it a name you will remember. I call mine TMS ini Safe files.
3. Open the game Ini folder, usually found here:
C:\Program Files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Ini
Leave this folder open after moving the Commands.ini file.
4. Click on Commands.ini and drag it to the folder you just created and close the folder.
5. Now extract the modified Commands.ini from the .rar file to your desktop. Then move it to the Ini Folder you left open after moving the unmodified Commands.ini to your safe folder.
** Note: If you are running Windows Vista or above (x86) will follow Program Files. This may not be the case with lower versions.

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 2:13 AM
for the third "type" of cheat or what have you, what does it mean by "requires core hack to be enabled"

Perry the Platypus
Giblets for hire
#60 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 4:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bprevite
for the third "type" of cheat or what have you, what does it mean by "requires core hack to be enabled"
It means in order to enable those commands, you need to edit GameplaySystems.dll, which I have done and provided in the Mods thread.
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 4:45 AM
also, are there any cheats to unlock the clothes that you would normally only have from completing the different kingdom ambitions

Perry the Platypus
Alchemist
#62 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 8:38 AM
Any cheat for resources? :D

Evil doesn't worry about not being good. - The Warden, Dragon Age Origins
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 9:41 AM
I took some screenies of all the cheats available with Rick's Debug Commands enabled cheat plus TCE turned on. Sorry for the darkness/quality, I have nothing more than MS paint on this PC. Everything's much brighter in game.

I haven't tested most of these and some of them are for stuff that doesn't even exist (lifetimehappiness? lol, builddebug? Sounds promising; too bad there's NO BUILD MODE!!! )

Help pages 1-3:

Help pages 4-6:

Shift-click active sim:

Shift-click target sim:

Shift-click any object:

Also, question @Rick, just wondering if there are debug interactions available in this game (Ctrl-shift click in TS3 to access with proper mods.) Note to mods, I'm not requesting, just asking if they exist.
Field Researcher
#64 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 11:55 AM
Thanks for those screenshots - it's helpful for people to know just what they'll be able to do in the game with these cheats/mods!
Instructor
#65 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 12:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bridgett

Could not agree more

---
Is there a working cheat for more RP? I started a new ambition and I want all my buildings/heroes.
Scholar
#66 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 2:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sayyadina
Could not agree more

---
Is there a working cheat for more RP? I started a new ambition and I want all my buildings/heroes.

I have testingcheatsenabled on in my game through the Commands file (don't know if you need that or not), but I was able to get more RP by typing 'set RP 100' in the console window, and was able to put down my buildings. The number can be anything you want, I believe and you can do it however many times you like

...Titanium white...
Instructor
#67 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 3:07 PM
Thanks Enjoji I also went along and downloaded Ricks debug enabler, and lo and behold! There was a "Place All Buildings" cheat available!

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=437510
Field Researcher
#68 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 5:10 PM
i don't know if anyone has this problem, but when i turn buydebug on, and place something from it, and i go back into the game, it can't. it tries literally forever so i have to use task manager to close the game.

I'm cooler than cool! I'm stupid!
Test Subject
#69 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 5:52 PM
Maybe that's because I get a french version of TSM but I can't get the additional interactions with Shift-Click. I have TCE to 1 in commands.ini and debugenabler_1.1.10.00001.package in my mod folder. I have tried some commands like ShowAllQuests, PlaceAllBuildings, SetKP and they are all working very well. I don't know why Shift-Click is not working. Please excuse my English.
Test Subject
#70 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 7:03 PM
Ok what do i type in the console to enable cheats?
i tried this testingcheatsenabled 1, then testingcheatsenabled true, and also testingcheatsenabled on
none worked, it said no such command, i changed the ini and all that but still no luck
Field Researcher
#71 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 7:39 PM
MetalMysterE, you don't need to type testingcheatsenabled in your cheat window if you've already altered your commands.ini file. Changing that file lets you use a variety of testing cheats, which you have to type into the window instead.
Test Subject
#72 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 7:57 PM
[QUOT]Can't enable these without a core hack.[/QUOTE]

Can someone explain what this core hack is or how to enable it? Confused.com.
Test Subject
#73 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 8:24 PM
Default Need help
Yes i'm using TestingCheatsEnabled and it's not working am i typing it in worng?.
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 9:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rick
It means in order to enable those commands, you need to edit GameplaySystems.dll, which I have done and provided in the Mods thread.

Okay, I downloaded your "debugenable" mod. but along with that mosaic mod, what destination do I put them in? I've read "its the same as TS3" but i dont have TS3 so I wouldnt know. What I understood from the path was to put the resource files in the main "The Sims Medieval" folder, and then I made a new folder called "Mods" and put the packages in there. Did I do that right? Please help, and thank you!!

Perry the Platypus
Giblets for hire
#75 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 9:31 PM
Yes, it goes in your game directory. I'm sure I left a directory structure in the mod zip.
Page 3 of 6