Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 6:04 AM Last edited by kiatyn : 24th Mar 2011 at 7:08 AM.
Default Stupid Questions
Let me be the first

How do I make my knight duel? There's not an option for it under the radial menu when I right-click the person I want to duel.

Do I have to be disliked or worse to have this come up?

--

I resolved this by restarting my game. The options under "knight" in the menu came back.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 7:09 AM
Well, I can't speak specifically for the knight, but when I had my queen spar, the option came up when I clicked on one of the guards (wearing the blue and white uniforms) that guard the village path, castle, docks, etc... Give that a try.

I have my own stupid question as well. Does anyone know what times during the day the wedding rings show up at the village shops? Apparently they aren't sold all day long, at least according to the new patch info : "* Gameplay: There are now two wedding rings available for sale at appropriate times."
Test Subject
#3 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 8:31 AM
Question as well~ :U
When you queen dies and she has children, can her children take over? < w > And if they can, how?

@Scribal- I think they mean if you have a quest (involving a wedding) or your hero sim is engaged to be married, they will suddenly start selling them in the Village Shoppe.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 8:51 AM
I think when a hero dies it's Game Over, and an Old Age Death doesn't exist in TSM, so ....
Test Subject
#5 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 12:11 PM
So many Questions so .....
Question of the hour:
Seeds what are they good for?
lol
I would appreciate if someone would let me know if they are plant-able if so by whom?
Thank you in advance
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 12:33 PM
The only use I have found for seeds is that they are used in cooking. Anyone else?
Mad Poster
#7 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 1:00 PM
I sold the seeds, but they're only worth like 4 simoleons.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 1:08 PM
Seeds are also listed as an import item for the kingdom of Tredony. Have your merchant sent them off in his trading ship and he'll get paid for them. (I'm not certain if they'll be worth more that way than through the village shoppe)
Forum Resident
#9 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 3:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by globalprincess
Question as well~ :U
When you queen dies and she has children, can her children take over? < w > And if they can, how?

I read in the previews at one of the fan sites that apparently a hero's child will grow up and replace them; that is the only time they grow up.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 3:24 PM
Ok, I have one. Why do some of the quests have exclamation marks next to them? Example:

Image stolen off the Mods sticky by the way
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 3:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by acid_fairy
Ok, I have one. Why do some of the quests have exclamation marks next to them? Example:

Image stolen off the Mods sticky by the way

I think that's a Quest that requires two or more specific Heroes, at least one of which you don't have currently in that kingdom.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Instructor
#12 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 5:16 PM
I think the exclamation mark shows up when the quest gives points that the kingdom is in need of. So, the ! is over a quest with a heart icon, your kingdom may be low or neutral in health and well-being.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 5:22 PM
The Missing Child quest doesn't require 2 heros. I've done it twice now, both with only one hero.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 5:33 PM
Umm ... I feel a little bit stupid to even ask this, but where can I find shells? (or whatever they are called in the english game)
I'm on the quest where the doctor is more or less a shrink and has to find a sheashell to give to that guy who is totally heartbroken about a break up. I've searched everywhere but simply can't find any.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 5:38 PM
I don't know for sure, applepie123, since I've not played that quest. But might I suggest going down to the beach and then clicking the ground there, or the Sim while he's there, and looking for a search-for-shells option? Or perhaps one needs to go out on the boat to try.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 5:42 PM
Oh God, I could have figured that out myself xD You just have to click on the ground and "Search for Shells" :D
Giblets for hire
#17 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 6:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by prettiammie2005
I think the exclamation mark shows up when the quest gives points that the kingdom is in need of. So, the ! is over a quest with a heart icon, your kingdom may be low or neutral in health and well-being.
If you hover over the quest with the icon, it'll say "A paltry aspect can cause unforeseen strife in <kingdom>!". Basically, doing the quest will take one or more of your kingdom's aspects over the maximum, which is bad.
Forum Resident
#18 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 6:28 PM
How come some of the quests keep coming up? I've done A Missing Child twice and it's there again! Argh!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 8:01 PM
The only reason I can think that quests repeat is that you may have low level characters that can complete it. (At least that was how it worked for me -- I have gotten it every time I plonked a new building down and made a hero for it. (I could be wrong but that seems to fit.)
Test Subject
#20 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 8:11 PM Last edited by Scribal : 24th Mar 2011 at 8:14 PM. Reason: entered quote incorrectly
[
Quote: Originally posted by globalprincess
@Scribal- I think they mean if you have a quest (involving a wedding) or your hero sim is engaged to be married, they will suddenly start selling them in the Village Shoppe.

Hmm, the problem is: I am in a quest involving a wedding and the rings aren't available. Maybe it's a glitch. Has anyone had any weddings in their game yet - how did buying the rings work out for you?
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 9:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Scribal
[

Hmm, the problem is: I am in a quest involving a wedding and the rings aren't available. Maybe it's a glitch. Has anyone had any weddings in their game yet - how did buying the rings work out for you?

My doctor hero completed that quest. When it was time to buy the rings, they were available at the Village Shoppe, along with the wedding clothes. My "best man" hero went down to the shoppe when the quest said he had to buy those two items (rings and clothes) and they were available for him to purchase.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 9:45 PM
OK, this is the stupidest of stupid questions, but Sims is the only game I have played so I'm not sure how others work.

I have my Queen and she's doing real good. So she had money and built a barracks and I found out it needed a Knight. So I made a Knight and he is playable as well. So what happens to my Queen if I go over and play my Knight? I don't want her to totally screw up while I'm with the Knight and vice versa with him if I continue to play the Queen. I guess I'm asking, exactly how does this switching off work? Thanks!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 9:58 PM
I have not had any major issues when I've had to switch from one character to another -- it seems like the one you're switching from can't do anything that affects them.

For example, they may fight with their best friend, but when you return to them, they're just as you left them, stat-wise.
Test Subject
#24 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 9:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HisBeachgirl
My doctor hero completed that quest. When it was time to buy the rings, they were available at the Village Shoppe, along with the wedding clothes. My "best man" hero went down to the shoppe when the quest said he had to buy those two items (rings and clothes) and they were available for him to purchase.

Thank you for the respose, HisBeachgirl. I'm doing the quest where I have to marry off my monarch. Unfortunately, the only hero I have to play is my Queen, and when I send her down to the Village Shoppe there are no wedding rings. I'm thinking, most likely, something glitched and I'll have to move onto another quest... I'll fool around a little more and then move on. Thanks for the help all the same!
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 10:06 PM Last edited by HisBeachgirl : 24th Mar 2011 at 10:44 PM.
Hmm.... perhaps we were doing different quests then. Sorry!

Now my turn to ask a dumb question...
I'm working on "The Cutting Edge" Quest, I chose to do "The Craft of War" option. I'm at the point where my secondary hero is supposed to "Prepare a Divine Catalyst in a fireplace cauldron" I can't get him to do it for nothing. I've gone all over the kingdom trying different fireplaces and only the traditional warm hands and cook food is available. I even chose cook food to see if it was listed and it wasn't. I sent him to the village shoppe to see if there was a book, and I didn't find anything. Nor was there a book on his bookshelves. I bought the potion crafting table and the option wasn't there.

I don't know what to do! Has anyone pass this part?

*edit to add*
Nevermind. In frustration I sent my blacksmith out to gather more things, and once she had 2 mana stones the priest got the option to brew the dang catalyst. Not sure why it didn't show up just greyed out before like everything else does, but it works now.
Page 1 of 7