Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 10:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kiatyn
I have not had any major issues when I've had to switch from one character to another -- it seems like the one you're switching from can't do anything that affects them.

For example, they may fight with their best friend, but when you return to them, they're just as you left them, stat-wise.

Oh, that's what I wanted to hear!! ;D Thanks! I'm off to check it out!!
Advertisement
Banned
#27 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 10:50 PM
Can you make more than one kingdom and can change the way the land is so i can make totally different looking kingdoms?
Test Subject
#28 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 11:32 PM
Burning book quest, I saved and quit last night on a step where I am supposed to buy a reading primer to get on the good side of the professor. Now I'm back playing today and I have no clue what he told me I was very sleepy at the time. My clue is to buy the primer but the shoppe does not sell one so I don't know where to get it.
Test Subject
#29 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 11:42 PM
My turn for a stupid question....you guys probably notice how some decor on the walls are higher up on the walls instead near the ground, I was wondering how you place the decor higher up and stuff. :X I tried searching and no luck u_u. Thanks for the help.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#30 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 11:53 AM
Why do some sims seem to have an aura or glow around them? It's sort of a white glow and if you zoom in you can see it has some little floating dots in it. No clue what it means.
Theorist
#31 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 12:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nightwitch
Can you make more than one kingdom and can change the way the land is so i can make totally different looking kingdoms?

You can have more than one kingdom(save game) but your customization will be extremely limited.

Is there a camera man mode? If so how do you access it?

Hi I'm Paul!
Test Subject
#32 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 12:29 PM
Am I insane or there isn't really a snapshot "camera" button? I want to take shots of what my sims are doing!!
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 1:32 PM
You can take screenshots with the c key.

I'm not sure about the glowing. Might be because of a trait, like weak constitution or perhaps they have an illness. It could also be from praying.

You can move items/objects up and down with the ' and / keys. Under the main menu(button on the far left where you can save, etc.) I believe there is a hotkeys option and it lists all the hotkeys you can use. The manual that came with the game also lists them.

I think the kingdoms all come with the same stock buildings. It just seems like ambitions gives you different goals to meet. Anyone know if there are different quests offered? I have a sinking suspicion that they offer the same quests and you are only playing with a different goal.
Field Researcher
#34 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 2:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Why do some sims seem to have an aura or glow around them? It's sort of a white glow and if you zoom in you can see it has some little floating dots in it. No clue what it means.

I first thought they are fleas...
Test Subject
#35 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 4:26 PM
I'm stuck at a quest and I'm not sure if I'm too stupid or if there's a glitch in the game.
I'm playing my knight and he has to spar with his squire. I found the squire and I'm friends with him but I cannot find a sparring option anywhere, not when I'm clicking my knight and not when I'm clicking the squire. It does come up, however, with other fighting partners.
Please, does anyone have an idea?
Test Subject
#36 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 4:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fran_lecter
I found the squire and I'm friends with him but I cannot find a sparring option anywhere, not when I'm clicking my knight and not when I'm clicking the squire. It does come up, however, with other fighting partners.
Please, does anyone have an idea?

I didn't do the quest, but I found the Spar command under the Knight... menu when clicking on the knight himself.
Test Subject
#37 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 5:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by anadandy
I didn't do the quest, but I found the Spar command under the Knight... menu when clicking on the knight himself.

That's not there anymore when i click on it or the squire. It was there earlier though.
Eminence Grise
#38 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 7:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rick
If you hover over the quest with the icon, it'll say "A paltry aspect can cause unforeseen strife in <kingdom>!". Basically, doing the quest will take one or more of your kingdom's aspects over the maximum, which is bad.

That's what I thought it was at first, but as I kept playing and my aspects grew more and more differentiated, I realized that it's the opposite. The exclamation point quests are the ones which strenghten an aspect you are DEFICIENT in.

And yeah, to Kiatyn and Fran pretty sure there's a bug with the Knight, where their profession interactions are not always available. All the other professions have their profession interactions regardless. Restarting also fixed it for me, dunno if there is another way to get it to come back :/
Test Subject
#39 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 8:26 PM

I think its that they have a 'cold' the white aura seems to represent that, they sneeze and what not. The black aura appears to be when the sim has the 'cursed' trait.
Test Subject
#40 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 9:49 PM
In the Gastro-Fest or Bust quest, how do you make the experimental elixir? I have a 10th level wizard and I still can't craft it at the table... what am I missing?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#41 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 10:32 PM

One of my hero sims got a black glow around him when he inadvertantly got cursed.

I believe the white glow is from getting blessed by one of the priests that wander around (or are your hero.

--About the knight interactions: I was able to get my knight's "knight" interactions to return by saving, quitting and then restarting my computer, and then the game.

Funnily enough, doing that seems to help with 99 percent of the glitches I have had.
Giblets for hire
#42 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 11:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
That's what I thought it was at first, but as I kept playing and my aspects grew more and more differentiated, I realized that it's the opposite. The exclamation point quests are the ones which strenghten an aspect you are DEFICIENT in.

And yeah, to Kiatyn and Fran pretty sure there's a bug with the Knight, where their profession interactions are not always available. All the other professions have their profession interactions regardless. Restarting also fixed it for me, dunno if there is another way to get it to come back :/
Code:
        private bool ShowAspectRewardWarning(int[] aspectQuantity)
        {
            IKingdomAspectEntry[] kingdomAspectEntries = this.mModel.KingdomAspectEntries;
            for (int i = 0; i < aspectQuantity.Length; i++)
            {
                if ((kingdomAspectEntries[i].CurrentLevel + aspectQuantity[i]) > kingdomAspectEntries[i].Capacity)
                {
                    return true;
                }
            }
            return false;
        }
*shrug*

(maybe aspects work in reverse in the code? IE are increased when things are going bad?)
Banned
#43 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 11:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Robodl95
You can have more than one kingdom(save game) but your customization will be extremely limited.

Is there a camera man mode? If so how do you access it?
thanks
Test Subject
#44 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 12:26 AM Last edited by uecasm : 26th Mar 2011 at 1:48 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi

There's two different sets of ! icons, just to be confusing. The ones on the main quest list seem to be to show which ones you ought to do (increase red or yellow aspects, which are in need of increasing).

But there's also another ! icon that appears "inside" the quests themselves, when you're considering the approach to take. That one shows which ones you shouldn't do, as they'd cause you to "waste" some aspects (because you can't earn more than your Capacity). And this one seems to be the only one explained in the Lessons.
Instructor
#45 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 12:29 AM
I think the white glow around the sims head happens when they make a wish at the well in town square and recieve the 'clairvoyant' buff... but not 100% on that. I know my bard made a wish during one of the quests and recieved the white cloud along with 'clairvoyant'.

Still not sure what causes the black cloud though. Sometimes my sims have it when they're sick, sometimes they have it for some other reason.
Test Subject
#46 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 12:50 AM
Okay since this is the "stupid question" thread here's a good one:
I just set up my merchant.. but I'm stuck in furnishing mode. What am I missing here? Are there special items that you have to have on the lot in order to get back to live mode? I've been trying to figure this out for 2 days now.

Thanks!
Field Researcher
#47 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 12:53 AM
You have to choose a quest in order to go into live mode. If you want to live as your merchant, you must choose a quest the merchant can do and choose them as your hero for that quest.
Test Subject
#48 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 12:58 AM
Thanks!!! god now I feel like a blasted idiot. LOL ^_^
Forum Resident
#49 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 1:20 AM
From my experience, the black cloud is either from the cursed trait or the sim is sick - or has the plague!
Test Subject
#50 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 1:25 AM
My stupid question for the day, how do you change your child's hair and clothing?

My princess is wandering around with a monk's bowl cut and a boy-like outfit. I click on the dresser but it only lets me change the clothing of other adults around me, not her, even if she is standing next to me. I thought maybe it was an interaction but all I can do is see her inventory and other regular interactions. Are we even able to change any children's outfits?
Page 2 of 7