Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 2:09 PM
Default How To: Start New Ambition with Same Kingdom
Hey ho everyone,

Was not sure if to start a new thread for this, but as I wanted as many people to see this to help them I thought I would. (Mods - if this is wrong to start a new thread, please merge it with whichever thread you think it's best in)

Courtesy of WizardDani on the offical EA Medieval forum, here's a link explaining how to start a new, unlocked ambition with your current (and probably much-loved) kingdom:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/5516778.page

Great news for those of us who have invested a lot of time and effort on one Kingdom and don't want to have to restart the whole damn thing again, just to play a new ambition. Many thanks to WizardDani for this info, and I hope some of you here will find this helpful

...Titanium white...
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 2:37 PM
I :lovestruc LOVE :lovestruc WizardDani!!

Thank you for this reference!

If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?
Test Subject
#3 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 4:48 PM
Thank you sooo much
Test Subject
#4 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 5:19 PM
Thanks for the info. I will try later.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 7:21 PM
Yay, my first ever sticky lolol! Thank you Mods for doing this

...Titanium white...
Test Subject
#6 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 8:28 PM
Yay, it works ! ♥ Thaank you . ♥
Test Subject
#7 Old 29th Mar 2011 at 1:02 AM
Thanks for this! It really pissed me off when i finished an ambition the game basically said "All that time spent was worthless and wasted, Start over" This was a really poor desicison by EA, no one likes having to start all over.
Test Subject
#8 Old 29th Mar 2011 at 8:29 AM
This will make the wife filled with much happiness. When she is happy. I am happy.
Theorist
#9 Old 29th Mar 2011 at 3:45 PM
This does work well. Too bad no one knows (yet) how to modify a completed ambition to make it work. I'd like the accomplishments from that last quest!
I noticed one thing is broken on my kingdom though. RP and XP gain properly, but my status graphs (the ones with Security, Knowledge, Culture, etc) are all green and say they're maxed out even when they aren't.

Resident wet blanket.
Test Subject
#10 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 4:37 PM
Is it possible to take the heroes as well in any way? :3
Theorist
#11 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 9:00 PM
You don't lose your heroes using this method.

Resident wet blanket.
Test Subject
#12 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 11:25 PM
Is it anyone who has been working on helping us fools that had ran out of quest points?
The fix won't work properly if you have passed the kingdom (i.e no quest points)
Field Researcher
#13 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 12:56 AM
Aye,I am happy to hear of the tenative fix. I just quit when all this surfaced. I still can't believe EA left the game in this format for release. Hmmm...............OK. I guess EA never changes. I praised them for this game too! My bad.

Burn The midnight oil, it will be daylight soon...
Test Subject
#14 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 2:38 AM
Thank you !!
Test Subject
#15 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 7:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zelogath
Is it anyone who has been working on helping us fools that had ran out of quest points?
The fix won't work properly if you have passed the kingdom (i.e no quest points)

if u have testingcheatenabled u can write setQP 50 in the command board
Test Subject
#16 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 9:43 PM
I'm not sure where to put this mod.. I have gone to gamedata file and shared but I have a nonpackaged and a packaged file in shared
which of these to I put it in

Thanks for help
Test Subject
#17 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 5:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pattiepicc
I'm not sure where to put this mod.. I have gone to gamedata file and shared but I have a nonpackaged and a packaged file in shared
which of these to I put it in

Wrong thread. No mods here.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 12:46 PM Last edited by ..::lilith::.. : 3rd Apr 2011 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Tested myself and works!
Quote:
Great news for those of us who have invested a lot of time and effort on one Kingdom and don't want to have to restart the whole damn thing again, just to play a new ambition. Many thanks to WizardDani for this info, and I hope some of you here will find this helpful.

Can not wait to use this "trick"!
I was wondering, would this include all the territories you have discovered and annexed to the kingdom?
Thank you.

EDIT: I tried it, and it works perfectly! I'm now on a new ambition with all the territories discovered and the name of Emperor!
Test Subject
#19 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 5:27 PM
Short answer, yes.

Haven't used this trick myself yet as i'm still on the first ambition, but i have read what other people have said about it in the original thread:

Quote:
Ok, so I used this and it worked beautifully except for one thing. The second ambition I selected was the one to annex all the territories. I already had one territory when I switched this over (Ticktop). Now I have all the territories and the ambition counter thing only shows that I have 7 rather than all 8.

I don't know if this matters or not for the purposes of the game but it will mean I can't get the platinum level with this kingdom. Anyone know of a way around this? I have tried the showallquests and can't play the Ticktop quest again.
Theorist
#20 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 8:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by domplol
if u have testingcheatenabled u can write setQP 50 in the command board

Even if you do that, you won't be able to see new quests or accumulate XP.
You can use commands like showallquests, but XP still won't accumulate.
You have to use an .nhd file saved from before QP was exhausted.

Resident wet blanket.
Test Subject
#21 Old 19th Apr 2011 at 7:15 AM
im glad this is a sticky because ill be going back and forth tried to follow the directions why didnt ea fore see people wanting to continue thier kingdom (i already screwed mine took my level 9 doc and had her start a new kingdom that put her to level 10 queen but she can no longer pick stuff, should of tried setting someone else as ruler and her being doc again
Test Subject
#22 Old 29th Apr 2011 at 11:02 AM
Since the new patch came out with modifications for QPs is it possible to reuse the "locked" kingdoms now?
Test Subject
#23 Old 29th Apr 2011 at 2:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zyphr
Since the new patch came out with modifications for QPs is it possible to reuse the "locked" kingdoms now?

In a way, yes. I opened up one of my finished Kingdoms and it now says "Infinite QPs". There are a number of quests listed, including "Free Play with Responsibilities" (which is pretty much exactly as it sounds) and heroes can earn XPs and level up. However, I don't think anything counts towards your watcher status or gives KP/RP. but I didn't play long enough to really make a good study of that.

Also, I don't know if this is new or I just never noticed before - but when you are in Kingdom mode and click on a building there is now a "Resource Trading" option where you can trade in XP or money for RP - I guess to build new buildings if you haven't already. In my opinion, it makes completed Kingdoms much more playable than just the boring Free Time.
Test Subject
#24 Old 30th Apr 2011 at 4:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by anadandy
In a way, yes. I opened up one of my finished Kingdoms and it now says "Infinite QPs". There are a number of quests listed, including "Free Play with Responsibilities" (which is pretty much exactly as it sounds) and heroes can earn XPs and level up. However, I don't think anything counts towards your watcher status or gives KP/RP. but I didn't play long enough to really make a good study of that.

Also, I don't know if this is new or I just never noticed before - but when you are in Kingdom mode and click on a building there is now a "Resource Trading" option where you can trade in XP or money for RP - I guess to build new buildings if you haven't already. In my opinion, it makes completed Kingdoms much more playable than just the boring Free Time.

I've Tested WizardDani's way and so far, it has given me RP. I've only done one quest though, so I have no idea wheter or not it gives KP or watcher status
Test Subject
#25 Old 15th Jun 2011 at 9:18 AM
Omg Omg Omg!!! Thank You For Showing Us This!!!
Page 1 of 2