Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
transmogrified
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 3:11 PM
Default Find the funny
It seems EA has rediscovered their sense of whimsy with TSM. What strikes your funny bone?

Smithing buff: "Hammer Tyme - Ye shall not touch this!"
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 3:14 PM
Whale Ate My Parents = LULZ.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Inventor
#3 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 3:18 PM
Trying to play a Quest with a Misanthrope.

You can find my Sims 3 Mods at TFM's Sims Asylum .
Test Subject
#4 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 3:51 PM
"Bernice is suffering from a lack of edumacation" lol

Playing Sims 3.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#5 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 3:54 PM
Oh, also, the trait-specific flirt interaction licentious sims can do... what is it... complement alluring ankles, I think.
Test Subject
#6 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 4:26 PM
If you look closely, the two chickens in the Market stall is arguing and once in a while you will see a double - - in red denoting a lowering of relationship.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 4:41 PM
During the lame genius quest, a woman said: "My son, little Timmy, has been a child for 35 years. If I had one wish, I would see him a grown man."

When my Monarch was holding the court, there was a petition saying: "My lord, I have a problem, I'm possessed by demons! But the problem is... I'm liking it." and then I had the option to send her to a church or to a tavern. Sent her to a tavern and got lots of popularity! LOL
Test Subject
#8 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 5:11 PM Last edited by Seirun : 28th Mar 2011 at 5:45 PM.
I've got a guy in my court named "Blood Scholar Vladimir"
E: Oh, and my king made love to the pit monster. But he is one stallion with 4 lovers. Now 5...
Test Subject
#9 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 5:59 PM
In addition to the "Compliment Ankles" already mentioned (I actually LOLd at that) I like the Bard song "Mortimer's Lament" which I assume is a nod at good old Mortimer Goth.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 6:39 PM
The whole leech things is funny to me, why on the face....yuk!!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 7:05 PM
I found it .. well ... remarquable, that when you harpoon the mermaid, you get some lumps of whale meat. I don't think I want to see this mermaid in her "Arielle" bikini
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 8:15 PM
During the "I don't feel good" quest, this lady came up to me and she's like, "Help me, I'm throwing up and I feel sick all the time" so I examine her, check her vitals, all that fun stuff, and it gave me the option to, "Tell her she's pregnant" or "Tell her she has typhoind & she's gonna die" XD Idk why, but I found that absolutely hilarious and extreme, I still chuckle at it!
Test Subject
#13 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 8:39 PM
One of the vising dignitaries from one of my conquered nations has the title of 'TimeLord.' This made me squee, just a bit.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 8:56 PM
Yes, I'm loving the throwbacks to the original sims and TS2. I find these dollies much more fun that the TS3 characters.

My FAVORITE thing tho' is the constant fist fighting. I missed that so from TS2. And I also love that my sims can kill other sims. Without cheats!!!
Test Subject
#15 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 9:51 PM Last edited by Harmonyx : 29th Mar 2011 at 4:41 AM. Reason: It's the Tinkertoasten CHIMNEYWISE fireplace, derp. Fixed other minor memory-related errors.
Quite a few little details have made me giggle, some of which have already been mentioned. One that took me by surprise was the praying animation for Peteran priests (have yet to play a Jacoban, so don't know how it goes for them). It's so random and silly that I just burst out laughing when I saw it. It's like they're miming or wiping windows with their eyes closed. Hilarious.

Then there was another time while I was holding court as my monarch, and a peasant woman asked for permission to marry. One of the responses went something along the lines of: "What? You seriously need to ask? No. Just because you asked: no. You can never get married." I cackled.

Oh, and the "Tinkertoasten Chimneywise Fireplace" or something totally cracked me up. Yes, I'm easily humored, I know.

I'm sure there are even more funny things that I missed, but so far I'm loving all the humorous little touches that are so reminiscent of earlier Sim games. I agree that it really gives the Sims so much more personality.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 10:39 PM
My knight had Roger the Shrubber following her around. And the chickens in the market can also get + + as they squawk at each other.
Test Subject
#17 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 11:12 PM
I have a pair of my consorts whilst playing as the King who seem to have an exhibitionist streak.. Every time the king is in court, they just run towards each other and start crazily making out... oh and they are both MEN! Lol, it makes me laugh every time, and its even funnier that no one looks twice! Lol, I do like how the sims is free loving for both sexes!

[COLOR=Red]Reel Big Fish Rock!![/COLOR]

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Taj Burrow is the best surfer ever! [/COLOR]
Scholar
#18 Old 29th Mar 2011 at 1:30 PM
p-mail.......
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 29th Mar 2011 at 2:35 PM
Twisted Tongues Disease. Description : *Subject* ith inthecteth with twitheth tonghes diethiese.

Or something like that ^^'

If I do not congratulate you on your birthday or any other special occasion, then I may not know you?

I'm good at what I do but I suck at actually doing it :P
Field Researcher
#20 Old 29th Mar 2011 at 3:11 PM
I was holding court the other day, and a peasant asked my king for money to soundproof his basement to go along with his chains and shackles and weapon collection. The options were to give him the money or send him along to the constable to discuss his petition. I giggled for quite a bit.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 29th Mar 2011 at 3:33 PM
Yesterday, I completed the Monarch Quest in which my king sim had to provide an heir to the throne, and oh my, the whole innuendo made me laugh so much!

This game is always making me giggle, waaaay more than TS2 and TS3.
Test Subject
#22 Old 29th Mar 2011 at 9:00 PM
I love putting first aid on people! (the leech on the face, not on the operating table) I did it so much on the people in the castle!

Sigh...nothing to do :(
Test Subject
#23 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 4:44 AM
Once, my wizard was scrying for a quest and got the option to scry "really far into the future". I got an update that she saw "a beautiful woman in a red dress next to a gothic chandelier and someone else peed on the floor" or something. I love how they fit Bella in here.

Also, the accidental funnies. My monarch randomly got Royal advisor Chastity with the following traits...lol All I need now is the drunkard named Temperance and they can start a club
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 10:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by delayman2
If you look closely, the two chickens in the Market stall is arguing and once in a while you will see a double - - in red denoting a lowering of relationship.

that might be an easter egg to a pets expansion (the Sims 3 Unleashed?)

Back in the building
Test Subject
#25 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 12:58 PM
When smithing a magical staff - "Is that a magical staff in your reagant pouch, or are you just happy to see me?"

It sent me into fits of giggles.
Page 1 of 5