Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 1:16 AM
Read my lips: No goat taxes.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 5:45 PM
The book titles are killing me now that I've actually started looking at them - last night my Knight read "George, George, George of the Judgment Zone"
Instructor
#53 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 5:49 PM
And what about the book covers? They're the least medieval-looking thing I've seen, at least they don't leave them laying around...

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Lab Assistant
#54 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 8:11 PM
Reply from the pigeon message post:
"Is there any better way to communicate than p-mail? I think not."
Scholar
#55 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 8:18 PM
"Parents Eaten by Whales" enough said
Test Subject
#56 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 9:09 PM
I loved it when my physician had a patient on the operating table, jammed a funnel in his mouth and then poured in the contents of a rather large bottle.

Kids make great placeholders for junk you can't sell & don't want to keep in inventory.

Another favorite: lute looters!
Forum Resident
#57 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 9:24 PM
From the Nervous Wreck Buff:
"It's like watching a train wreck in progress but instead of a train, it's a medieval Sim... becuase, you know, they didn't have trains back then"

Seriously though I died at the George of the Judgement Zone book

~ Guysim's Behance Profile ~

"When This baby goes 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious !*@#"
- Doctor Emment Brown A.K.A Doc, Back To The Future
Test Subject
#58 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 12:52 AM
How about Patrick Stewart warning you of the 'dire chinchillas' in the opening?
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 7:24 AM
Anyone found the Avatar reference in the forest yet? That was quite entertaining ^^

If I do not congratulate you on your birthday or any other special occasion, then I may not know you?

I'm good at what I do but I suck at actually doing it :P
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 8:21 PM
Pretty much the entire Doctor of Love quest is funny as heck.

I mean, kissing scientifically! And the 'Don't do that with your teeth Laura' thing when helping her practice her kissing?
Had me in fits.

not indorsed by Hypno toad... all hail Hypno toad @_@
Instructor
#61 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 8:34 PM
I really like the humor in the game, and some of the actions, like praying (my Monarch is Peteran, I don't know if Jacobans do it differently) are just... adorable. However most of the quirky moments are totally unintended. My Knight, Sir Roland, had challenged the Spy Lady Rowena to a duel to the death, and two peasants were quietly chatting away literally in the middle of their sword fight!
:P

Scholar
#62 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 2:11 PM
I started a new kingdom, and in my bedroom were two builders talking to each other.

Vicks and Wedge; aka. Biggs and Wedge.

Is that a shillelagh in your pocket, or are you just sinning against God?
Instructor
#63 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 2:46 PM
Jacoban fear is pretty low in my kingdom so I get this message: "The Jacoban Order is considered a joke by most people, who think the priests would better serve as jesters" :P

Not necessarily funny, but related: the Peteran Friar doesn't get the negative "bland food" buff from eating gruel, but the Jacoban Priest does. I like the way the two orders are different, the Jacobans have a grand Cathedral and live in more luxurious surroundings, and want to be feared more than respected, and the Peterans are more austere and gentle, and more focused on learning. It's quite realistic with the setting of the game, since until the 16th century in most countries the only official religion in Western Europe was catholicism but they had orders with very different views.

Lab Assistant
#64 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 4:19 PM
The guards seem to constantly be farting (At least that's what it sounds like.)

Mad Poster
#65 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 4:29 PM
There's a notification you get if your sim has a nightmare which says something about it 'was a dream within a dream'. Inception reference, anyone?!
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 7:32 PM
Found another one. In Buy/Decorations, there is a cornacopia. The name? World of Waxcraft. I laughed, because I was playing WoW less than an hour before
Test Subject
#67 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 10:13 PM

THEY CLIMIN IN YO CASTLES
SNATCHIN YO PEASANTS UP
TRYIN TO KILL EM SO YALL NEED TO
HIDE YO KNIGHTS
HIDE YO SPIES
AND HIDE YO MONARCHS
CAUSE THEY'RE KILLING EVERYBODY OUT HERE
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 12:59 AM
If you become citizen of the century (Or something like that) one of the perks is that you get a 'magnificent hug' from the Royal adviser as an order from the monarch. The interaction is 'I would like a hug please!'

Lab Assistant
#69 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 9:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by insane_in_charlie_shirt
If you become citizen of the century (Or something like that) one of the perks is that you get a 'magnificent hug' from the Royal adviser as an order from the monarch. The interaction is 'I would like a hug please!'

... and when the adviser refused a message came up saying "well THAT was awkward" (or something similar) ^^
Test Subject
#70 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 6:08 PM
One of my peasents (sp?) made a Predator reference: "Game over, man, game over"
Test Subject
#71 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 10:02 PM
Unintended funny. Apparently someone in the Kingdom can see the future or maybe ET's first visit wasn't to Elliot after all...

Lab Assistant
#72 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 4:30 AM
Vicks and Wedge... wow. That's back to Final Fantasy 6, and was a reference to Biggs and Wedge. They've shown up in most FF tutorials since I believe.

In the O Fortuna quest my Sim had a dream about a dragon where you choose a red ruby or a blue sapphire... all I could think was:
"You take the blue pill and the dream ends, you wake up and believe whatever you want to. You take the red pill.. and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes."
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#73 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 12:52 PM
The king's/queen's stuffed bear; Sir Teddylot. *lol*

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 8:27 AM
Not exactly "funny" but I've just unlocked a "Strategic Simulacrum's Guild (SSG) Fortress Maquette."
I wonder if it comes in a gold box...
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 8:52 AM
I can't believe no one's mentioned this yet, but the first time I saw the Peterians praying, I almost died laughing because all I thought of was "Wax on, Wax off." I also got a kick out of the fact that conversion to either religion used the same animation as the merchant's hustle.

Recently, I played the heir quest and that one was full of double entendres that kept me chuckling, from, "look at the size of those jugs... of wine," to "Oh, a sperm whale, I think he just smiled at me". Because, ya know, mating ritual and all that.

Also, I don't remember what quest it was, but one of my heros was trying to determine how crazy the peasents were and one of the dialogues went something like, "The middle ages are dirty, dangerous and gross? You're the sanest sim I've ever met." I lol'd a bit.
Page 3 of 5