Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#26 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 10:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ThEtYrOnEgUy

I know you meant Assassin's Creed.
Advertisement
Fresh fruit from the bigot tree
#27 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 4:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Asmara
kill everyone you dislike of, for example by feeding them to the blue, wormlike pit monster that lives in that western European kingdom.

I do not think it works. In the first hour of playing the game, a servant -insulted!- the king. I then made the king send him to the monster pit... five times. He managed to go back alive to the castle all of them. Yes, he even dared to enter the castle again, acting like nothing happened.

Do not install pescado's mod. It is the one producing the errors it warns you about. Get Twallan's instead. It cleans your save file and prevents glitches.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 4:07 AM
My knight killed the witch, and despite the fact that he hated her, as soon as the hit the ground he started to mourn along with everybody else. The next day, while some sims sill mourn the poor late witch occassionally, she is walking around pretending to be an acceptable person. It is not easy to get rid of people!
Forum Resident
#29 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 9:31 AM
Definatly, I send my jester to the pit about ten times.
Test Subject
#30 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 10:04 AM
I honestly don't want to compare to sims 3 at all, since this is actually another kind of game. I'm keeping very busy without having to "raise" the children. That is not the point of this game. If you miss the whole family/generations thing, play sims 3!

*Everything changes. The only thing that does not change, is the fact that everything changes."
Mad Poster
#31 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 7:35 PM
Yeah, I'm enjoying the game as is. It's a great combo of Sims and Fable....my favorite nonsims game which I can't play because it involves too much killing. TSM looks and feels like Fable without the bloodthirstiness. I like the occasional killings in TSM but don't miss the heads rolling down the hill.
Test Subject
#32 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 4:44 AM
Really? Well, I'm a huge huge fan of The Sims 1 so of course I wouldn't really mind if they have a few similarities. I wouldn't know, however, since I never had a child on The Sims Medieval. But that is pretty cool! I almost fangirl squealed when I read that you can purchase them from the catalog. :D
Scholar
#33 Old 23rd Sep 2011 at 1:37 AM
Hm, I do agree with others opinions, but..., everytime I play TSM, I can't help but wishing it was a little bit more like TS3. Sometimes you just want to forget about the stress of quests and get "medieval" if you know what I mean.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 23rd Sep 2011 at 2:17 AM
2 things about the children of sims medieval bug me:
my king and his wife, the spy, were licentious, and had 8 children between them.
despite living in a huge castle, i can only have 3 children living with me, whilst the rest get shipped off to military school/priesthood.trade school/ the forest?!? yeah, because that make sense, what else are you meant to do with possible heirs to the throne... :/
but my main peeve is that when you have a child successor, the siblings remain children. so, with my king, i decided i wanted a female heir. it took them 8 damn tries to get one (i was running out of male names i liked!) and when her father died she took the throne..but her 7 OLDER siblings were still 12 years old.

i don't mind them not aging during gameplay, but a family group age would be good, say one child becomes succesor and all the siblings become adults as well. maybe the remaining spouse becomes old or dies too.
Field Researcher
#35 Old 23rd Sep 2011 at 11:16 AM
But I like TS1... A lot more than TS3 to be honest.

~~like a dirty dog
Field Researcher
#36 Old 23rd Sep 2011 at 12:34 PM
I prefer TS2. More advanced then 1. Less then the doughy mess of three.
#37 Old 23rd Sep 2011 at 2:50 PM
fair enough. babies are completely useless after all...
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 23rd Sep 2011 at 4:06 PM
i think sims 3 will be better then sims 2 once all the expansions are out, but nothing will compare to the sheer awesomeness that was makin' magic for TS1. if they make a full on magic expansion for ts3, i'll be over the moon
#39 Old 24th Sep 2011 at 8:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LadyKombucha
i think sims 3 will be better then sims 2 once all the expansions are out, but nothing will compare to the sheer awesomeness that was makin' magic for TS1. if they make a full on magic expansion for ts3, i'll be over the moon

i think what ts3 really needs is some work put in for fixing the bugs but of course that won't happen...
Test Subject
#40 Old 24th Sep 2011 at 9:08 AM
I do sometimes wish kids could grow up. Even the function to send them to the store is bizarre. Considering the kid is like never around when you may want to do that, and its not that big of a deal to go to the store yourself.

But a couple of things on the same note were placed that kind of made me almost prefer it over Sims 2/3. Marriage gives you a nice buff (granted now in Sims 3 if you are loyal you get a buff as well and that is very nice) and I don't have to control the rest of the family if I don't want to. Something about that kind of freedom is nice....wish the sims were smarter in terms of freedom though. I like families, but I usually ignore half the family until dire need in Sims 3; I just like focusing on one, maybe two sims at once.

Overall, it does feel like Sims Medieval, has became like a updated Sims 1, in a sense, which I am happy with, but as the same time it surpasses Sims 3 in some places imo. Sims 3 has been quite odd to me, I enjoy it, but when I look at it compared to Sims 2, its almost disasterous. I'm hoping they eventually tie up the loose ends (bugs) and with Pets coming out, it will have probably my favorite Sims 2 expansions minus Seasons. Hopefully they don't jump to Sims 4 before they even "finish" Sims 3.
Scholar
#41 Old 24th Sep 2011 at 5:20 PM
I like the idea behind sims 3, love the open world and the difference of WA with introducing 'quests', what put me off completely was the sims themselves. I find them horrendous. I was so worried that TSM sims would be of the same mould, am so happy that you can make some gorgeous looking faces in it.
I wish they would put TSM style sims into TS3, I would definitely go back to playing it. I still buy the EP's incase I ever change my mind, but aside from installing them and running them once to see what's new I gave up with TS3 a while ago, if I was going to play a normal sims game it would be TS2. Loving TSM though =)
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 24th Sep 2011 at 8:27 PM
What I really miss about this game is that there's no build function. Had that in 1. No way to save your creations once you've spent hours decorating. Had that in 1. It seems to be nearly impossible to mod objects, hair, and clothes in this game. Had that in 1. What I like in this game is the atmosphere. I enjoy the quests. Don't like the time limit on responsibilities (which are sometimes quite a bit more challenging than anything 1,2,or3 had to offer). I like the feel of the game, but after 70, no, now 72 Kingdoms, I am really dam tired of the same ole village. There seems to be no way to mod it and doesn't look like EA wants to spend time making a new world for this game. Had that ability to a limited extent in 1 even to the point of putting in bushes and trees. So I think maybe this game is more like a prequel to sims 1.
But I really like the game and just wish someone would spend more time developing it. So much potential going to waste.
Page 2 of 2