Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 3 (Who?), Viewed: 3662 times.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 12:03 AM
Differences of Residential Lot Types?
Just a quick quiery I've not been able to find an answer to; what is the difference between the "Residential", "Townie Lot" and "Ownable Lot" residentail classifications?
Can townies not move into homes that aren't classed as "Townie Lot" or is it safe just to leave all residential lots with the generic "Residential" classification?
Basically, is it really that important to get this info right?

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 10:04 AM
I think "townie lot" and "ownable lot" are just for WA destinations.

In a Home World, like Sunset Valley and any CAW worlds, "Residential" is the lot type where sims can live, whether they are active or inactive. The 2 others type have probably no effect and shouldn't be used, if not for some experimental purposes and the sake of enlarging the community knowledge

In a WA destinations, I think that "ownable lot" is the type for the homes/empty residential lots that your adventuring sims can buy, providing they have a visa level 3 for this destination. "Townie lot" must then be for the houses occupied by the locals, French, Egyptian and Chinese townies. Those lot types are mostly usefull if you want to edit one of those destinations, in one of your saved games, through Edit Town. Or, if you want to try to create a custom destination world with CAW, athough I haven't followed the last developpments about this and don't know if it's possible or easy.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 1:08 PM
Thanks for that. I'd not considered they may be vacation world specific. It makes sense that they would be though. I have WA but very rarely make use of the vacation system.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 2:10 PM Last edited by bellatrixclovis : 30th Mar 2011 at 2:20 PM. Reason: added links
You're welcome Menaceman44, glad it helped.

I don't make much use of WA and the whole adventuring/questing system either. I hope the next EP will have a higher replayability value... We should learn about it any time soon now, according to the latest rumours.

Just to add on the subject, after looking in my messy bookwarks, I found this on the Sims Wikia:
About the Townie lot type from WA: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Non-Player_Sims_Only_lot
About Lot types in general: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Lot_assignment

Section jump