Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#251 Old 2nd Nov 2013 at 4:44 PM
You may find this helpful.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#252 Old 4th Nov 2013 at 7:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kawab
You may find this helpful.

Thank you. I read through all of this again and got it to work.
Field Researcher
#253 Old 4th Nov 2013 at 3:45 PM
No problem
Test Subject
#254 Old 28th Jan 2014 at 8:26 AM Last edited by Cee618 : 29th Jan 2014 at 2:30 AM.
HELP! I Can't Get Mods To Work! (Fixed, thanks!)
Sorry, this is a long post, but I want to explain my problem thoroughly in the hopes that someone can help me.

I can't seem to use any Mods at all in my TSM game. I have added the resource.cfg file listed on the first page of this thread to my main TSM install folder which is C: Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval. From there, I created a Mods folder and in that folder created a Packages folder. I then added the d3dx9_31.dll file listed on the first page of this thread into my C: Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval\Game\Bin directory. I also have enabled TestingCheatsEnabled by going into C: Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval\Game Data\Shared\Non Packaged\Ini and opened the Commands with Notepad and changed the TestingCheatsEnabled = 0 to TestingCheatsEnabled = 1. My game is fully patched to 2.0 and I do not have Pirates & Nobles installed, only the base game. I have no CC.

I think I have done everything right so far. I tried using Ridoo's No Mosaic mod and Treeag's Edit in Cas mod, along with a few of Shimrod's TSM mods, which were all placed into the Packages folder that I had created earlier. I used the latest version of WinZIP to extract the files into my Packages folder.

My game will go as far as letting me click on my Kingdom, but then it just loads and loads and never stops loading. If I remove all of the mods, the game works just fine. I built my Kingdom with no mods in place and then added the mods afterward. Do I need to delete my Kingdom and start over with the mods in place before I build the Kingdom? Is that the problem?

I'm fairly new at this, but I have followed the directions for installing files and mods correctly, as far as I can tell. Can anyone help me, please? I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Live, Laugh, Love
Lab Assistant
#255 Old 28th Jan 2014 at 6:53 PM
Well, if your game works with the mod setup and only breaks when placing the mods mentioned in the mods folder, clearly the mods are breaking the game and not the mod setup itself.
Unfortunately, the modding community for TSM is not very active as there's only a couple of individuals like myself actually developing anything for it.
On the bright side, EA also lost interest in it so you shouldn't need to worry too much about mods being outdated, but it may still be the case for some.

If you're still in doubt whether you've prepared your game for mods correctly, I'd suggest using Grim's Medieval Mod Setup instead.
As a simple test afterwards would be to either install Grim's Medieval Core or a mod of my own DeeDawg's Unlocks Manager.
Those is up to date and will not cause problems for you, I can say that for sure.

However, it depends on your system, as you haven't informed us about that.
TSM installations running on Windows 8 is notorious for being buggy as hell.
Test Subject
#256 Old 29th Jan 2014 at 1:04 AM Last edited by Cee618 : 29th Jan 2014 at 2:29 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by DeeDawg
Well, if your game works with the mod setup and only breaks when placing the mods mentioned in the mods folder, clearly the mods are breaking the game and not the mod setup itself.
Unfortunately, the modding community for TSM is not very active as there's only a couple of individuals like myself actually developing anything for it.
On the bright side, EA also lost interest in it so you shouldn't need to worry too much about mods being outdated, but it may still be the case for some.

If you're still in doubt whether you've prepared your game for mods correctly, I'd suggest using Grim's Medieval Mod Setup instead.
As a simple test afterwards would be to either install Grim's Medieval Core or a mod of my own DeeDawg's Unlocks Manager.
Those is up to date and will not cause problems for you, I can say that for sure.

However, it depends on your system, as you haven't informed us about that.
TSM installations running on Windows 8 is notorious for being buggy as hell.

Hi DeeDawg, thank you so much for responding, I really appreciate it. Sorry I forgot to mention that I'm running the latest version of Windows 7, just updated it last night. I will check out Grim's set up and try both mods to see if my game works with them. The main thing I want to be able to do is edit all my medieval Sims in CAS, especially the NPCs. I hate the blue-eyed bug and most of the townsfolk are butt ugly, so I wanna edit them. I guess I got spoiled with my Sims 3 games because I run Twallan's Master Controller and I edit all of my ugly NPCs. hehehe

EDIT: Omg, thank you so much, DeeDawg! I used Grim's Medieval Core mod with the mod set up I already had and it works perfectly! I'm thrilled to FINALLY have a mod that I can use!

Live, Laugh, Love
Test Subject
#257 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 11:35 PM
Default Im lost too...
Quote: Originally posted by Gwenllian
Sorry, but I'm more confused than ever after reading this guide. I don't play TS3, so that's probably why. Could you please clarify which folder you are referring to when you say "TSM Installation Folder"? I've tried to figure it out by reading the other posts in this thread, but I'm still unsure. Thanks!

I dont know where im putting the resource.cfg... smh Im kinda lost two lol
Scholar
#258 Old 6th Mar 2014 at 8:02 AM
c:
ProgramFiles (or Program Files (x86) if that folder also exists)
Electronic Arts
The Sims Medieval, put it in this folder.

If you bought the game through Origin, then it's
C:
ProgramFiles(or program files (x86)
Origin Games
The Sims Medieval

I'm not sure about Steam, but most things are under
c:
ProgramFiles(or program files (x86)
Steam
SteamApps
Common
All your game folders are in here, so I'd assume it won't be much different once you locate the TSM folder.
Test Subject
#259 Old 24th May 2014 at 11:59 PM
Default Help!!!!
Ok, I know this is gonna sound stupid, but... what the heck is "Resource.cfg" and how do I put it in said "mods" folder? Thanks!
Test Subject
#260 Old 19th Jun 2014 at 3:00 PM
Hello i was just wondering is it possible to add sim 3 sims to Medieval?. and i cant wait for sims 4 looks good.
Field Researcher
#261 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 1:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bannach21
Ok, I know this is gonna sound stupid, but... what the heck is "Resource.cfg" and how do I put it in said "mods" folder? Thanks!

The Resource.cfg is here for download at the bottom of the post. http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...5#startcomments
Test Subject
#262 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 2:41 PM
hi, i'm new here, i always use mods in sims 2 and sims 3, but i can't in sims medieval i follow instructions here but don't work for me, i put folder--mods--packages with resource file but don't work, i only need no intro and testingcheatsenabled , please help
sorry my english
ps change ini archive is safe?
thanks a lot
Field Researcher
#263 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 9:50 PM
Here, these instructions are by Chickie Teeta for Windows: They make the most sense to me and they work perfectly. Good luck.

How to set up The Sims Medieval for Mods

Open the sims medieval install folder which can be found here:
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval

If you see folders called 'Caches, Game, Game Data, Support and Thumbnails', you're in the right place.

Put the 'Resource.cfg' file in here so it's sitting with these folders.

Make a new folder called Mods.

Open the Mods folder

Make a new folder called Packages

Open the Packages folder and put the package file for Grims Core in here.

Go back out of the mods folder (you should be back in the folder that contains the Caches, Game, Game Data, Support and Thumbnails folders and your new resource.cfg)

Open the 'Game' folder

Open the 'Bin' folder

Put the 'd3dx9_31.dll' in there.

Close the folders and run the game to check it all works.
Test Subject
#264 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 2:40 PM
I played with the unpatched version for a long time, there was no problem at all.
I followed every instruction, I re-installed the game 5 times. I tried every explained solution.
I patched my game to different versions. I checked my resource.cfg, directx stuff.
I successfully enabled "TestingCheatsEnabled" thing...
I put them in the correct folder and I am sure of it since almost all people instructs that way...
To no avail, I couldn't play the Sims Medieval 2.0.11 OR the Sims Medieval previous versions with Grim's Core Mod...
I went till loading finishes and then the message pops up "Sims Medieval stopped working"
I have AsusS551L that is a powerful machine...
Test Subject
#265 Old 16th Oct 2014 at 5:26 PM
Hi. I have done everything correctly and I'm trying to use the edit in CAS mod, but it's not showing up in game no matter what I do. The only thing I haven't done is patch my game because I can't figure out how to do it. Can anyone help a noob out?
Inventor
#266 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 1:09 PM
Have you tried using another mod, like the No Intro one, to see if it works? If it doesn't, then you haven't set up your game correctly to use mods.

You can find my Sims 3 Mods at TFM's Sims Asylum .
Test Subject
#267 Old 29th Dec 2014 at 7:23 PM
Default Medieval Beginner
THANK YOU FOR THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally I can customize my game you ROCK!!!!!!
Test Subject
#268 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 2:42 PM Last edited by Nucking.Futs2008 : 10th Feb 2015 at 7:44 PM. Reason: new info
Default newbie
hey grim, im new to this and i cant seem to get this mod to work nplease reply if your still around.
Quote: Originally posted by alexpilgrim
I thought it would be useful to post instructions for Mac players too, though it's basically the same but a tad more complicated.

Go to your Applications/The Sims Medieval folder. Right-click on the The Sims Medieval icon, this will prompt a pop-up menu, choose the first option, something like "show contents of package" (you need to have the right-click option enabled for your mouse, otherwise ctrl-click should work too).

Place the Resource.cfg file in Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims Medieval

Create (or place if you have downloaded one) the Mods folder in Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims Medieval

Create (or place if you have downloaded one) the Packages folder in Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims Medieval/Mods

Place the d3dx9_31.dll file in Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims Medieval/Game/Bin

Place custom content in Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims Medieval/Mods/Packages

EDIT ok now i think i see the problem.. the version # is 2.0.113.00001 i seem to think they have updated beyond the ability of the core mod since i think its 2 years old. the core version im using is GrimsMedievalCore_V_2_0_13_002_beta.zip
Lab Assistant
#269 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 9:19 PM
Sorry to break this to you, but the last patch for TSM was released in August 2011. EA abandoned it after that. Now, when you request help from the mod author in regards to their mod, I'd suggest you post in the particular mod thread instead.
Test Subject
#270 Old 11th Feb 2015 at 2:25 PM
Default thanks deedawg
Quote: Originally posted by DeeDawg
Sorry to break this to you, but the last patch for TSM was released in August 2011. EA abandoned it after that. Now, when you request help from the mod author in regards to their mod, I'd suggest you post in the particular mod thread instead.
Sorry, my mistake,.no disrespect intended..
Test Subject
#271 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 10:28 PM
Uhmm.. it worked but ehh.. what for mods can I download now exactly and where? :P
Scholar
#272 Old 21st Feb 2015 at 3:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Siesmo
Uhmm.. it worked but ehh.. what for mods can I download now exactly and where? :P

If you look on the page where you started, above the thread topics, it has Category: Gameplay Information Downloads TechHelp General WCIF Modding buttons. Sort with Downloads and it will show threads with downloads. That is where all downloads are.
Test Subject
#273 Old 24th Apr 2015 at 11:25 AM
Does the Sims Medieval game support Sims 3 mods? Like for example: Sliders, Defaults (Eyes, Skin) and Mods (like no mosiac mod ). Also slider hacks as well.
Test Subject
#274 Old 14th May 2015 at 6:48 AM
Help having trouble adding a 7Z compressed mod file the other mods work fine. I have tried it zipped, unzipped, in the package file and in the mod file also. It is listed as a package file type after i decompressed it. Did i need to leave it in the original folder when i decompressed it? Rather than taking just the open folder out and putting it in the packages file? I also cant seem to find the clothing mods i added from MTS for TSM. I am running TSM with Grims Core. To Whom I tip my hat to for all his excessive work in taking a game and making it a much more enjoyable, awesome game. I thank all of you for your time and devotion for creating all of the wonderful things here.An helping all the others so they can enjoy it the same. To spend the time to create something and upload it is a feat itself. But then you take the time helping others to understand what the hell it is and what the hell to do with it!!! LOL .....myself included.
Inventor
#275 Old 14th May 2015 at 1:02 PM
You put package files into the Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims Medieval/Mods/Packages folder, not zip or 7z files.

You can find my Sims 3 Mods at TFM's Sims Asylum .
Page 11 of 13