Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#26 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 8:09 AM
The file you need is the Resource.cfg file

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 8:18 AM
Sorry, duh...I just looked at the name and it IS the one that looks like a sheet of paper Thanks a bunch!
Test Subject
#28 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 10:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rockerduck
Hiya y'all,

2) Set up your Mod folder. To do this, open your TSM installation folder and create a new folder named "Mods". Important: Mods do not (as of yet) work in the \My Documents\ folder where TSM saves some data, so be absolutely certain to go to your installation folder!
Now create a new folder within the "Mods" folder called "Packages".
3) Now you need to add a resources.cfg file to your main TSM install folder, so the game knows you have mods and where to look for them. It is basically a text file that serves the same function it did in TS3 and contains the following:

Sorry, but I'm more confused than ever after reading this guide. I don't play TS3, so that's probably why. Could you please clarify which folder you are referring to when you say "TSM Installation Folder"? I've tried to figure it out by reading the other posts in this thread, but I'm still unsure. Thanks!
transmogrified
retired moderator
#29 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 11:02 PM
Gwenllian, it's the root folder for the game in your program files or application folder. The exact path to that folder will depend upon your operating system and whether you did a custom or standard installation. On a 32-bit Windows system with a standard game installation, the path would be Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval\
Test Subject
#30 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 11:05 PM
Thank you. That clears it up perfectly. :D
Test Subject
#31 Old 17th Apr 2011 at 12:14 AM
This is how I have mine set up, but the mods are not working. What am I doing wrong?
transmogrified
retired moderator
#32 Old 17th Apr 2011 at 12:33 AM
Change the name of the resources.cfg file to Resource.cfg

Nix that. You've got a text document and you need to change both the name and the format of the file. Just download the Resource.rar linked in the first post in this thread and extract it.
Test Subject
#33 Old 17th Apr 2011 at 8:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mangaroo
Change the name of the resources.cfg file to Resource.cfg

Nix that. You've got a text document and you need to change both the name and the format of the file. Just download the Resource.rar linked in the first post in this thread and extract it.

Got it fixed, thank you!
Test Subject
#34 Old 19th Apr 2011 at 4:49 PM
Default How do I access the root folder on my mac?
Quote: Originally posted by Rockerduck
Hiya y'all

I noticed there seems to be a lot of confusion on how to successfully enable testingcheats or load mods for TSM so I blatantly copied some info in an attempt to help beginners to get everything to work properly. I hope this is useful to anyone.

First steps:

1) Patch your game. Rick's Debug Enabler does not work with the unpatched game.
2) Set up your Mod folder. To do this, open your TSM installation folder and create a new folder named "Mods". Important: Mods do not (as of yet) work in the \My Documents\ folder where TSM saves some data, so be absolutely certain to go to your installation folder!
Now create a new folder within the "Mods" folder called "Packages".
3) Now you need to add a resources.cfg file to your main TSM install folder, so the game knows you have mods and where to look for them. It is basically a text file that serves the same function it did in TS3 and contains the following:

4) Now you're all set up! This will load most of the current TSM mods. Put the *.package files into your Mods\Packages\ directory. You can use subfolders if you like. Subfolders will not work if your resource.cfg does only contain PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.package! Some Mods will create subfolders when you unzip them. If they do not show up or work this may be the reason why!

5) If you want to use Rick's Debug Enabler and/or TSM's testing cheats you will need to enable TestingCheatsEnabled as described in this post in order to enable the debug commands.

6) Script Mods will require d3dx9_31.dll to work. Chances are you're going to need this in the future as more Mods are made. d3dx9_31.dll goes into your \TSM Install Folder\Game\Bin directory.

I used to know how to do this when sims3 first came out and I think I remember that someone clever had made it very simple but I just can't remember how or where. If I go to Documents/EA/ I only have /Sims3. If I go Applications/Ea/I have Sims3 Medievil but no folders, only the icon to start the game.
Bit stuck and would appreciate some help. Thank you
transmogrified
retired moderator
#35 Old 19th Apr 2011 at 5:18 PM
rosidbon, it sounds like you're on a Mac. If that's the case, try following these old TS3 instructions (wherever you see The Sims 3 in a path, just substitute The Sims Medieval):
http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...iles_Manual_OSX
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 20th Apr 2011 at 6:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rosidbon
I used to know how to do this when sims3 first came out and I think I remember that someone clever had made it very simple but I just can't remember how or where. If I go to Documents/EA/ I only have /Sims3. If I go Applications/Ea/I have Sims3 Medievil but no folders, only the icon to start the game.
Bit stuck and would appreciate some help. Thank you

You need to right click on the TSM icon->select "Show Package Contents"->open contents folder-> then open Resources folder->then open transgaming folder->open C_drive folder->find the Program folder and open->Electronic Arts folder open-> you'll now see the TSM folder-> install your framworks files just like you would with a Win PC.
Instructor
#37 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 9:13 AM
I thought it would be useful to post instructions for Mac players too, though it's basically the same but a tad more complicated.

Go to your Applications/The Sims Medieval folder. Right-click on the The Sims Medieval icon, this will prompt a pop-up menu, choose the first option, something like "show contents of package" (you need to have the right-click option enabled for your mouse, otherwise ctrl-click should work too).

Place the Resource.cfg file in Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims Medieval

Create (or place if you have downloaded one) the Mods folder in Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims Medieval

Create (or place if you have downloaded one) the Packages folder in Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims Medieval/Mods

Place the d3dx9_31.dll file in Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims Medieval/Game/Bin

Place custom content in Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims Medieval/Mods/Packages

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Test Subject
#38 Old 23rd Apr 2011 at 9:01 PM
do we use the "Program Files" folder like in TS3?

I know my limits, but I am not limited by them.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#39 Old 23rd Apr 2011 at 9:17 PM
Hime, yes.
Test Subject
#40 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 6:06 PM
So bare with me, I've NEVER played any games on my computer before,thus i'm having a real tough time understanding what you guys are saying.

So basically what i did was,

1) I mount the game
2) Created a Folder named "Mods" & inside the folder, i have another one named "Packages"
in " Program Files/Electronic Arts/ The Sims Medieval "
3) Copied the Resource.cfg file which i downloaded from here into the same directory
as above
4) I also copied the d3dx9_31.dll into the /bin directory ??

That's what i did, & inside the "packages" folder is empty. What files should i move into that folder?

I opened the game again & tried the SetQP code & they still couldn't recognize the command.

Please help me out
Test Subject
#41 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 6:32 PM
If you want to use the testing cheats commands (like the set QP) then you'll need to download the TestingCheatsEnabled mod found here http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...t=438701&page=1. Once downloaded move the package file into the package folder you created in the Sims/Mods directory. Start your game and the "set QP" should now work (can also shift-left click on sims for debug options, shift-left click the ground to teleport, drag motive bars and other nice stuff).

Any other mods you download will also go into that Package folder, unless they say otherwise.
Test Subject
#42 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 7:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Khayman71
If you want to use the testing cheats commands (like the set QP) then you'll need to download the TestingCheatsEnabled mod found here http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...t=438701&page=1. Once downloaded move the package file into the package folder you created in the Sims/Mods directory. Start your game and the "set QP" should now work (can also shift-left click on sims for debug options, shift-left click the ground to teleport, drag motive bars and other nice stuff).

Any other mods you download will also go into that Package folder, unless they say otherwise.

That was really helpful indeed, thanks !! :D
Test Subject
#43 Old 29th Apr 2011 at 6:30 AM
Im not quite sure what I'm doing wrong, but apparently I am. Ive installed/patched TSM and when I download the Resource.rar file and extract the Resource.cfg file into the Program Files > Electronic Arts > The Sims Medieval folder (which im sure is the folder it's installed to, Im on Windows Vista 64 bit), but every time i try to extract the file, I get an Error Message saying "Cannot create Resource.cfg. Access is Denied. And another one under it saying "No files to extract". Ive tried it several times and I just don't know whats wrong. Give a guy a hand? First time trying to mod anything to.
Test Subject
#44 Old 29th Apr 2011 at 10:27 AM
Try extracting the file somewhere else first, then open your Medieval folder and drag the Resource.cfg into it. You should get a message popping up from Vista asking you if you will allow the move.

If it doesn't work then right-click on any exe you have, and see if there's an option for "Run As Administrator". If not then you need to change your account type to give yourself admin rights. I *think* you do that in Control Panel / User Accounts.
Test Subject
#45 Old 30th Apr 2011 at 6:08 AM
I extracted the files to another location and it let me download them, then I dragged the Resource.cfg file into the same folder as the install data for TSM. I than downloaded a mod to see if it worked (I got the No-Censor bar mod since it would be the easiest to see if it worked or not) and it still didn't work. The mod was put into the Packages folder, while inside another folder. I tried using the mod inside the folder it came with (...>Packages>The_Sims_Medieval_-_NoMosaic_1.1.10) and it didn't work, so i pulled the mod out of the NoMosaic folder and straight into Packages and it still didn't work. Any more ideas?
Test Subject
#46 Old 30th Apr 2011 at 10:08 AM
Hmm. Did you download the d3dx9_31.dll and put it into your TSM Install Folder\Game\Bin directory? You'll find it in the OP of this thread.
Test Subject
#47 Old 30th Apr 2011 at 10:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Khayman71
Hmm. Did you download the d3dx9_31.dll and put it into your TSM Install Folder\Game\Bin directory? You'll find it in the OP of this thread.

No I did not do that. I thought that was only for the cheats and what not. Ill do that right now.

EDIT: I downloaded the d3dx9_31.dll and put it into the Bin directory. (Im assuming that its the first Bin folder inside the Game folder.) And still nothing works.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#48 Old 30th Apr 2011 at 10:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sin950
I extracted the files to another location and it let me download them, then I dragged the Resource.cfg file into the same folder as the install data for TSM. I than downloaded a mod to see if it worked (I got the No-Censor bar mod since it would be the easiest to see if it worked or not) and it still didn't work. The mod was put into the Packages folder, while inside another folder. I tried using the mod inside the folder it came with (...>Packages>The_Sims_Medieval_-_NoMosaic_1.1.10) and it didn't work, so i pulled the mod out of the NoMosaic folder and straight into Packages and it still didn't work. Any more ideas?

Screenshots would help. See post #31 above for a perfect set of screencaps required to diagnose problems installing cc.

In the absence of screenshots: if you are using the Resource.cfg linked in the first post in this thread, the path to your mods should be Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval\Mods\Packages (i.e., the Packages folder should be inside a folder called Mods). Is it?

Resource.cfg and the Mods folder should be at the same level (do not place Resource.cfg inside Mods). All .packages should go inside Packages, but they can be subfoldered.
Test Subject
#49 Old 1st May 2011 at 8:23 PM
My mods aren't working, what is wrong?

transmogrified
retired moderator
#50 Old 2nd May 2011 at 1:38 AM
guiresende, I can't spot anything wrong with your mods set-up.

Shimrod's unlocker should work with the latest patch, but if this is a freshly-installed game, you need to reach the first watcher level before it will unlock all the achievement content. DynamicProfessions has not been updated to work with patch 1.3; I would recommend removing that if your game is fully patched. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about the EditinCAS mod.
Page 2 of 13