Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 12:29 AM
Inhuman, put the mod in, start your game, if some the achievements are not completed after putting the mod in, you have to do that. Then once all the achievements are completed (if you have an achievement whose value set to 0 and you have to complete it, you have to get out of your game and take that mod out and once you do that, the value will change back to whatever it is suppose to be), and then follow Frigis' instructions on completing all the ambitions. On each Ambition, I selected a new game, choose the Monarch, typed in showallquests and selected the Free Time one, then typed in setqp 0, quit the Free Time quest, and once I clicked on the check mark, it said I completed that Ambition. I did that for all of them. Once I did that, the rest of the unlockable costumes and objects were unlocked. I then got out of the game and saved only 2 kingdoms (right now I don't want one at each ambition). Hopefully that will work for you.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 12:03 PM
Can't seem to get this to work with 1.2.3, perhaps it needs an update? I don't know. I load my game and no achievements have been completed, I completed an achievement and still nothing.

I don't use custom content in my downloads unless I believe it is really necessary.
Please do not claim my work as your own.
Test Subject
#28 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 1:34 PM
Elfykins try restarting your game entirely thats what worked for me :P
Test Subject
#29 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 9:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dbltap101
Elfykins try restarting your game entirely thats what worked for me :P

The achievements are annoying, sure, but making them auto-complete just sorta ruins the game. Any chance you could make the achievements 75% reduced? Say for instance if you need to play the fiddle 30 times as a Physician you only have to play it 7.5 times.

Especially the marriage one for Monarchs. My Monarch is Chivalrous so marriage is kinda not easy to do.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 12:26 AM
Sorry, but what I am about to ask might sound really stupid...
I've been thinking to put this mod into my game but I have few questions, so I hope someone would be able to help me.
Here they are:

Quote:
frigis: I've tinkered around with Shimrod's file and yes, it controls both ambitions and achievements. I've modded his file to also unlock achievements instantly. Just place in your mod folder, load up a saved game (or start a new one), and all achievements should be unlocked right away (and in my game, the unlock is permanent, even after you remove the mod).

So if I install this mod, all ambitions and achievement will be unlock? Or do I need to download the mod to unlock the ambitions?
Is this permanent, as mentioned in frigis post?
Do you get extra clothes, that are not available with the DisableClothingFilter cheat?

Sorry if all this might sound silly and thank you in advance for your !
Test Subject
Original Poster
#31 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 12:47 AM
no problem at all really, what this mod does is set the achievement requirements for all achievements to zero. so all you have to do is load up a game and they will all automaticly unlock, thus adding their points to your watcher score. it also unlocks the ambitions, i havnt used it for the ambitions as much as i have the achievements since i cant spend every day trying to throw 150 eggs or tomatos at someone in the stocks. once they are unlocked, all you have to do is save and they are pemanant.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 12:53 AM
@jesse_n: Thank you!

What about the clothing? Anything extra from what you get with the Clothing cheats?

Test Subject
#33 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 12:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ..::lilith::..
@jesse_n: Thank you!

What about the clothing? Anything extra from what you get with the Clothing cheats?

Yes, you will get new clothes and furniture that you can't get with the clothing cheat.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 12:59 AM
@PyroPete: Thank You!
Instructor
#35 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 12:23 AM Last edited by alexpilgrim : 9th Apr 2011 at 1:03 AM.
I'm sorry, I've been reading this thread over and over and I can't figure it out... I placed the mod in my Packages folder (my framework is OK because all the other mods work in my game) and I see that all the Ambitions are unlocked, but my Watcher Achievement level is still pretty low, at Casual Observer. What am I missing? How do you unlock the Achievements?

Edit: Blonde moment! OK, I entered the game and my Achievements are unlocked except for the last level. I got 3 screens with unlocked stuff (most of the outfits already showed up with "disableclothingfilter" though), I'll try to see if I can figure out how to reach the top level...

Edit again: DONE! I got I think six or seven windows with unlocked stuff. A bit disappointed because as I said most outfits were available with the clothing filter mod, but some new furniture and stuff. The truth is that at my second Ambition I was growing weary of the quests, and I actually want to do some more Free Time in my favorite kingdom... you know, sort of like playing the Sims but in a Medieval setting...
:P

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Forum Resident
#36 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 9:37 AM
I removed the mod, but I already got all the points I can get. My watcher level is maximum now, but it still fails to unlock everything.
Test Subject
#37 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 3:47 PM
Have you done what Frigis wrote to unlock the last few levels/achievements?

Quote: Originally posted by frigis
I believe I got the answer: the last couple levels are gained only by completing at least some (if not all?) of the ambitions as well.

But those should be easy to gain with the mod. All you have to do is this:
- Start a new game in each ambition
- Select a monarch
- Select any quest
- Use the cheat "setqp 0"
- Quit the quest (and make sure your QP is indeed at 0)
- You'll get the congratulations screen and the ambition level should be at max
- SAVE YOUR GAME
- Quit to menu
- Repeat

I'm currently still testing this out, but it seems to be working so far.

And also, I realized I messed up the mod a bit. Some achievements weren't being completed properly. Here's the updated version:

http://www.mediafire.com/?tz24w29ghsq9jrs

If you already got every achievement, I don't think you have to worry about this new version.
Forum Resident
#38 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 6:53 PM
Yes, I did all of that.
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 9:35 AM
Default It's not working for me.
I installed the "Unlock All Achievements" mod and when I load or start a new game the Achievement unlocked sound rings and the game stops loading.

I have stared at the load screen for 30+ mins and it still didn't load.

Is there a way to prevent that or unlock it without having to load a game?
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 8:38 AM
Default No more new kingdoms!
Hay Shimrod101

When I put the mod at http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.php?topic=5197.0 in the pack folder it disables the ability to make new kingdoms.
I can still load old kingdoms, but when I look for new items there are none.

Dos it only work with specific versions of the game?
Mad Poster
#41 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 9:27 AM
I would think it works with all versions of the game, because the file (resource) hasn't been changed with the updates. You've gone beyond the first unlocking point, as I described in the thread there? The mod needs to work from a save game, unlock the stuff, then it needs to be removed from the Mods\Packages. I couldn't start a new game either when I left the mod installed.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 11:08 AM
I'm Level 8 right now, so should I start over or try to get the next level?
Test Subject
#43 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 3:54 PM
Hey Shimrod101, thanks for the Unlocker. One question though, I seem to have screwed up using the Unlocker somehow. D:

Basically, I did as the instructions mentioned; there was only one step that I did wrong: after all the ambitions was unlocked and I was waiting for the game to load, it seemed to take forever, so I used Task Manager to turn it TSM off. I repeated this a few times (turn on, wait till frustrated, turn off via task manager) because I wasn't sure if the game not loading was supposed to happen. After getting impatient with the game not loading, I removed the Unlocker mod, and got the ambitions back to normal, with nothing whatsoever unlocked. Problem is, now when I try to re-"install" the Unlocker, the ambitions remain unlocked, and no amount of saving or reloading will allow me to get the clothes/items unlocked as it's supposed to. (Although now if I leave the Unlocker in the Mod folder, I now understand what you mean by being unable to create a new game.)

I'm stuck, got any idea how to fix this dilemma?
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 6:16 PM
I would suggest renaming the TSM folder in Documents/Electronic Arts/ to something like "bakThe Sims Medieval"
Then run the game, and quit out from the main menu. This should re-create the default files in the documents folder.
Now copy the "Saved sims" and the folders from your saved games from the bakThe Sims Medieval to the newly created "The Sims Medieval" folder. Do not just copy the "saves" folder across though, as the file tracking achievements is in there. (I think.)

This won't really fix the problem, but it should reset the achievements and preserve your sims/kingdoms.
Mad Poster
#45 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 10:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by quiverx
Hey Shimrod101, thanks for the Unlocker. One question though, I seem to have screwed up using the Unlocker somehow. D:

You mention the Ambitions Unlocked mod, as if you've installed it right now together with the Unlocker. The two are completely separate thingies, don't need to be used together necessarily, just so you know.

If you haven't done as Garguul suggested or gotten anywhere otherwise, I would suggest taking out the Ambitions Unlocked mod; then you will see from that start-up screen that you only have the valid Ambitions that your Watcher level has opened up. Play one of your save games (with Unlocker installed) and see if the unlocking message comes up, because you've gone past that first unlock point. If nothing happens, play your game normally until you in the end reach the next unlock spot for new clothes etc. There are around 10 of these unlocking points, maybe one for each Watcher level.

Be aware that I unlocked everything the first time at that first unlock point. So I don't know how it should work for someone who is at Watcher level 5 or whatever, then they install this mod. Do other people get the unlocking screen right away, the moment they start up their save game? Someone who has installed this mod might possibly be able to answer this question...

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
#46 Old 26th Apr 2011 at 6:41 AM
Help!!!!!

Frigis mod is not working for me. I unziped and saved in notepad then put in my mod/Packages folder and nothing!
Test Subject
#47 Old 26th Apr 2011 at 7:28 AM
Thanks garghuul; I did as you said and managed to make it work after some messing around.

Thanks Shimrod101, although if I recall, I never actually used or even downloaded the Ambitions Unlocked mod. o_o;; (All I had was the Unlocker and following the instructions you wrote in the No Pregnancy Walk thread, I downloaded NoMosaic before I knew what it actually did, haha.) I don't know how all the Ambitions were unlocked, although if I recall, it had something to do with all the numbers being reset to 0 (like build 0 buildings for Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze). I was at Watcher level 4 when I installed the mod, but as far as I've tried, the unlocking screen doesn't appear straight away, I probably have a hunch that it works around the 10 unlocking points that you mentioned.

Oh well, made it work in the end, and I get to keep all my created Sims, that's good enough for me. 8) Thanks again guys!
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 26th Apr 2011 at 8:06 AM
Default I got it to work.
Well, I reinstalled TSM and got the item unlocker to work.

Thank you Shimrod101 for the item unlocker.
Test Subject
#49 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 7:06 PM
Default Help, please!
Okay, so I downloaded Frigis's all achievements unlocked mod and definitely placed it in the correct location (since other mods I have work just fine), but when I load my game, all the ambitions, the watcher rank, etc. are blank (no icons, no info text, just empty slots), my saved games are gone, aaaaand I can't even click on anything. I have to manually exit using alt+f4.
What could possibly be causing that?

P.S. The link to the unlocker doesn't work.
Test Subject
#50 Old 30th Jun 2011 at 12:12 PM
I placed the mod in, I think, the correct folder (both in the Bin, and in the main, as suggested in the thread). Nothing unlocks. I've tried doing the "create a monarch, set the qp to zero), which does nothing. Can anyone give me some advice? I've got Windows 7, if that matters.
Page 2 of 4