Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 2nd Jul 2011 at 2:30 AM
Hey, new poster here. But Shimrod101's link seems to be broken. Could you please fix. I can't bring myself to play this game without everything unlocked XD, I feel underpriveledged.
Oh btw. I don't know much about modding the TSM. But can you upload saved games? If you could I just thought because so many people are having problems with the mod and getting it to work it might be easier if someone who got it to work would upload their saved game with everything unlocked. Just suggesting but I have not tried to install any of the mods yet with all 3 of the links broken in this thread =(
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 2nd Jul 2011 at 3:47 PM
All of my stuff is at a different site now: http://gnautylilgnomes.com/forum/index.php?board=427.0

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
#53 Old 3rd Jul 2011 at 1:34 AM
Hey, Shimrod101. Thanks for the link. I installed the mod at first at the level of Staredevil. I read your post and took into consideration that I may need to get the next Watcher level for the mod to trigger the unlock. And once I got to the next level, Eyedealist, nothing unlocked at all. Not even the level apropriate rewards, which I looked up on a seperate thread. So to answer your question.. No, I don't think the mod works for anyone not starting at Peepsmith. I did get the mod to work however. All I had to do was delete the file that records your achievement progress in My Documents/Electronic Arts. At this point I just wanted it to work so I deleted all of my saved data XD. But for anyone who is worried they have to start completely over for this mod.. I'm pretty sure your achievement progress is on a different file than your saved worlds, so I don't THINK you will have to start over if you can find the correct folder to uninstall. Hope it helps. And thanks for the great mod, Shimrod101.
Mad Poster
#54 Old 3rd Jul 2011 at 4:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jackdoldseven
I did get the mod to work however. All I had to do was delete the file that records your achievement progress in My Documents/Electronic Arts.

Is it the ach.package file you're talking about, or something else?

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
#55 Old 9th Jul 2011 at 2:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101

Not entirely sure, Shimrod101. I just deleted everything in Electronic Arts/The Sims Medieval/Saves. But looking at the entire folder now I would say that would be the file to delete that reset my watcher level and got this mod working for me.
Instructor
#56 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 8:50 PM
I can't get this to work. when I load up my game all of the icons are blank, can't even access the menu via f5. oh well.
Test Subject
#57 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 5:40 AM
Okies I finally got this to work, and this is how I did it:

1: install shimrods' unlocker

2: temporarily move the Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval\Saves\ach file to anywhere else (e.g. desktop)

3: run the sims medieval starting with no achievements: to get your achievements back, just log into a few of your previous save games that have achievements already (e.g. all of your heros in one kingdom are peterans) if you still can't level up, just play a bit until you do.

4: once you unlock your stuff, just exit the game and remove the unlocker file from the mods\packages\ folder

5: **OPTIONAL** move back your original "ach" file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval\Saves\ach and replace the new one with the old one. **THIS WILL NOT RE-UPLOAD YOUR PREVIOUS ACHIEVEMENTS** the effect I got was that all my achievements were now completed, but I was still at level 7 /deja viewer (yippie!)

I am assuming that this is because the achievements don't actually add up
EA probably just:
a) assumed that no one would have the patience to complete all the achievements themselves
b) they didn't have enough ideas left
c) decided to leave it until a new update

kk Hope this helps
Test Subject
#58 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 6:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101

I tried your mod but I can't even start a game with it. I clicked the play button but nothing happens.
Mad Poster
#59 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 8:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lampuiho
I tried your mod but I can't even start a game with it. I clicked the play button but nothing happens.

Have you tried starting a save game, instead of a new game? When I had this effect of not being able to start new games, I could still start my current save game.

Instructor
#60 Old 13th Aug 2011 at 2:41 AM
the achievements mod works great!
#61 Old 4th Sep 2011 at 3:40 PM
works with pirates and nobles as well but if you don't remove it after unlocking the achievements then the ''eternal kingdom'' ambition won't be playable.
Field Researcher
#62 Old 4th Sep 2011 at 10:58 PM
Actually, I would think Frigis' Unlock All Achievements mod would need to be updated since there are new achievements and more stuff to unlock. I'd update it if I knew how to.
Test Subject
#63 Old 10th Sep 2011 at 4:16 PM
I'm currently looking for a mod that allows you to still gain achievements during the infinite QP ambition. I for one am bored to death with the ambitions and just want to build my kingdom and see how far I can go. Has anyone made a mod like that yet?
#64 Old 10th Sep 2011 at 7:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sivos
I'm currently looking for a mod that allows you to still gain achievements during the infinite QP ambition. I for one am bored to death with the ambitions and just want to build my kingdom and see how far I can go. Has anyone made a mod like that yet?

yeah i need it too, what's wrong with earning achievements if you imported a king from another kingdom...
Test Subject
#65 Old 11th Sep 2011 at 6:34 AM
Hallo, didn't really update because Shimrod cooked up a more thorough unlocker, but needs to be updated for P&N. For now though, I've updated my unlocker (well, credit still goes to Shim since he discovered the file first). I HAVE NOT tested this thoroughly. I do know for sure that every achievement is instantly unlocked when you start a new kingdom but I have NOT tested platinum rank ambitions. But if you go through the same procedure as before (start a new ambition, select quest, set QP to 0, quit quest, get platinum rank, save game) you SHOULD get platinum rank and once you finish every ambition, you SHOULD get the highest Watcher and P&N ranks: Pupilord for the Watcher rank and Admiral for the P&N rank. And again, I'm no expert and this is a pretty crude mod, so pretty please back your stuff up in case your game blows up.

And here's the mod:
http://www.mediafire.com/?1qlatag17os5axy

Again, please let us know if it does or doesn't work.
Instructor
#66 Old 11th Sep 2011 at 7:29 AM
It works. It got me up to captain in the P&N rank (because I haven't done the P&N ambition yet) and unlocked about 14 new items
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 11th Sep 2011 at 8:18 AM
Seems to work well. HOWEVER this may be important: SHIMROD says on his site, concerning his Unlocker: "When using this mod this is important: After the items have been unlocked and you save and quit that playing session, remove the mod from your Mods\Packages and don't install it again; the stuff is unlocked in your game permanently and the mod isn't necessary anymore. Leaving the mod installed after it's worked prevents the starting of a new game for some reason."
Test Subject
#68 Old 11th Sep 2011 at 4:59 PM
Actually, Shim's mod and my mod use very different methods to unlock items. The inability to start a new game is a side effect unique to his mod, but as far as I know it's perfectly fine to start a new game with my mod. In fact, you probably have to start several new games in order to unlock platinum ambitions.
Mad Poster
#69 Old 11th Sep 2011 at 6:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ForumZombie
Seems to work well. HOWEVER this may be important: SHIMROD says on his site, concerning his Unlocker: "When using this mod this is important: After the items have been unlocked and you save and quit that playing session, remove the mod from your Mods\Packages and don't install it again; the stuff is unlocked in your game permanently and the mod isn't necessary anymore. Leaving the mod installed after it's worked prevents the starting of a new game for some reason."

To clarify something: This mod here by Frigis was originally made from my Ambitions Unlocked mod, which uses the "Achievements" XML. So this mod cannot be used at the same time as my Ambitions Unlocked, current version also.

My mod called The Unlocker is something completely different, it uses the "Unlocks" XML. This weirdness with not being able to start a new game when the mod is installed is peculier to this Unlocks XML, don't know what causes it. This would never happen with a modded Achievements XML, regardless of how crudely it should be modded, lol.

BTW, my P&N Unlocker will be up in a little while.

Test Subject
#70 Old 7th Apr 2012 at 11:01 AM
If you find the time, could you please update this mod to 2.0? I can't use older mods with the current game. I'd really like to use this mod. It sounds very interesting and less back breaking when I play the game.
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 7th Apr 2012 at 1:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mara3whi22
If you find the time, could you please update this mod to 2.0? I can't use older mods with the current game. I'd really like to use this mod. It sounds very interesting and less back breaking when I play the game.

http://gnautylilgnomes.com/forum/index.php?board=427.0
This version is for 2 but you'll have to remove previous achievement mods.

I like playing The Sims. I don't like to be played like a Sim.
Test Subject
#72 Old 8th Aug 2012 at 2:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
Shimrod has a mod that unlocks all the ambitions: http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.ph...80&topic=5176.0

This link is broken or something. It's giving me 404 Webmaster.
Test Subject
#73 Old 8th Aug 2012 at 2:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ladyskye
http://gnautylilgnomes.com/forum/index.php?board=427.0
This version is for 2 but you'll have to remove previous achievement mods.

This gives me some GoDaddy thing...

I WANT THIS MOD!!!

((((((((((
Mad Poster
#74 Old 8th Aug 2012 at 4:22 PM
All of my Medieval mods are here now: http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...-medieval-mods/
It's required to register to that site to view and download stuff though.

Test Subject
#75 Old 1st Dec 2012 at 12:13 AM
I couldn't get either one to work. Shimrod's or frigis'
Page 3 of 4