Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 2869 (Who?), Viewed: 308481 times.
Page 115 of 115
Test Subject
#2851 Old 13th Aug 2016 at 1:05 PM
I'm still in the first generation in the Neanderthals stage. My new post is ready! I was having problems finding my kid a friend who wasn't a townie so I decided to send him to school and pretended the school bus was an animal that gave kids really long rides and that the homework notebooks were leaves that the kids had to draw on, but drawing was boring because the kids had to make a LOT of details in the drawings. http://randomblogwithrandomstuff246...5-johnsons.html
Lab Assistant
#2852 Old 16th Aug 2016 at 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astha123
I'm still in the first generation in the Neanderthals stage. My new post is ready! I was having problems finding my kid a friend who wasn't a townie so I decided to send him to school and pretended the school bus was an animal that gave kids really long rides and that the homework notebooks were leaves that the kids had to draw on, but drawing was boring because the kids had to make a LOT of details in the drawings. http://randomblogwithrandomstuff246...5-johnsons.html

The first pic on your blog got me, it was hilarious. XD

Amazing how after so many years out, the Sims are still amusing as all heck!

Bread edges.... are the new white meat.
Test of Time Challenge! Family Tree, Stats & Pics
Watch my Test of Time Challenge Let's Play on Youtube!
Test Subject
#2853 Old 26th Aug 2016 at 7:54 AM Last edited by ToriOlivia : 26th Aug 2016 at 8:39 AM.
Hey everyone! After some contemplating, I decided to give this challenge a shot! I read ALL the rules and felt intimidated at first but said "What the hell?" and proceeded to go a massive CC shopping spree; I created my five couples and got to playing as soon as I could. I'm currently just starting Round 3 in the Neanderthal Era and things are certainly picking up. (Thank goodness because I was beginning to lose motivation)

Here is my founding families and children so far:

SKIN 1- Shiloh Family

River Shiloh & Iris-Sun Shiloh
Children: Pryalis Shiloh (male), Emerald-Rain Shiloh

SKIN 1- Moon Family

Karok Moon & Odawa Moon
Children: Anaya Moon, Harmony Moon, Serenity Moon (all female)

SKIN 2&3- Baxoje Family

Ioway Baxoje (S3) & Dawn Baxoje (S2)
Children: Akecheta Baxoje (S2 male) Thunder Baxoje (S2 male), Stormy Baxoje (S3 female), Summer Baxoje (S3 female)

SKIN 4- Nantego Family

Umon Nantego & Tetia Nantego
Children: Onyx Nantego (female), Titan Nantego

SKIN 4- Lakota Family

Shawnee Lakota & Ravena Lakota
Children: Neptune Lakota , Falcon Lakota, Hawk Lakota (all male)

Things are going well so far, I've had a bit of drama to keep me interested: In Round 1, I decided to have a gathering on the last day of the season for every household so the families could all mingle and get to know one another which resulted in Umon Nantego making out with a HEAVILY PREGNANT Ravena Lakota right in front of his wife, Tetia Natego on the Moon family lot! Thanks ACR! I was so scared that Tetia would try fight Umon or Ravena (totally justified!) since I knew the loser would have to die and I'd only just began playing, but surprisingly she did nothing but become furious and walked out the door leaving them to their adultery LOL! When it was time to play the Nantego lot, Tetia was definitely pissed, but after a couple apologies from Umon she forgave him so all is well. Ravena is dead to her though! The two ladies have not seen each other since the incident, but I dread what happens when they do!

I also made things a little more challenging for myself by only allowing infants to be breastfed (using a breastfeeding hack), no bottles at all and if the mom was just completely unable to do so then a bottle could be given but the family would have to sell a bass fish as consequence.

I know its not apart of the rules but I added in a Winter to my seasons just to see how the sims will fare in the wintertime. So now my year is set to Summer, Summer, Summer, Winter. Round 3 is the Winter rotation so I spent all of Round 2 preparing for the "cold months" by stocking up on fish and perfecting the harvest for a great profit. It'll give the sims something else to focus on beside fishing and gardening. I'll be sure to let you know who makes it through the season. Winter is coming...(thumbs up if you get the reference )

But the real kicker is when I decided to randomize my mutiples odd settings on the Trips and Quad hack for each family by using random.org, yeah that was real smart... here's the new mutiples odd for each family:

Shiloh
single-84%
double-12%
trip-4%

Moon
single-16%
double-16%
trip-68%

Baxoje
single-46%
double-22%
trip-32%

Lakota
single-16%
double-54%
trip-30%

Nantego
single-58%
double-20%
trips-22%

Quads aren't shown because I absolutely refuse to play them LOL, I think I'd have a breakdown! I came close to closing the game when Dawn Baxoje had triplets right after Ravena had her twins! I guess I really can't complain when I did it to myself though...

Overall, I'm really loving this challenge. I've practically ditched all my over saves for this one so I'll see how far I can get. Im so ready for the Roman era!!
I didn't plan on blogging my challenge, but if anyone is interested in reading it, I may do so. For now I'll keep updating here! Until next time!

PS. I added a cute picture of Odawa stargazing right before the twins were born
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#2854 Old 28th Aug 2016 at 1:04 AM Last edited by cespencer7 : 28th Aug 2016 at 1:16 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by youcrAzy
I have a question. How do you guys transition into the Roman stage? Do you delete the lots that the neanderthals lived in and then move them into their new homes?


I just built new lots for the emperor's family and the members of the Senate. My lower class continued to live on their existing lots but I expanded their homes by adding bathrooms and bedrooms. (that was three years ago so with new rules, what have others done?)

I finished a big school project so now I will have more time to read all your blogs and websites. I missed this group over the past year. It's nice to be back.

Stop by my Medieval Test of Time Challenge website to see how this challenge continues.
If you want to see my Neanderthals and Romans click on A Sims Clan TOT and for the future click on new - Renaissance Sims Test of Time
Field Researcher
#2855 Old 28th Aug 2016 at 3:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToriOlivia
Hey everyone! After some contemplating, I decided to give this challenge a shot! I read ALL the rules and felt intimidated at first but said "What the hell?" and proceeded to go a massive CC shopping spree; I created my five couples and got to playing as soon as I could. I'm currently just starting Round 3 in the Neanderthal Era and things are certainly picking up. (Thank goodness because I was beginning to lose motivation)
Overall, I'm really loving this challenge. I've practically ditched all my over saves for this one so I'll see how far I can get. Im so ready for the Roman era!!
I didn't plan on blogging my challenge, but if anyone is interested in reading it, I may do so. For now I'll keep updating here! Until next time!
PS. I added a cute picture of Odawa stargazing right before the twins were born


I didn't plan to blog either, but I found that after a few rounds you will have so many lots that it is hard to keep track of every Sim and their story line. Building the website gave me a way to organize things and it is fun to go back and visit your sim ancestors. The other thing is that we all enjoy reading each others' stories and getting ideas for our own games. So, if you want to blog or build a website do it for yourself and we will all enjoy it with you. If you don't we understand. It is hard enough to find time to play.

Stop by my Medieval Test of Time Challenge website to see how this challenge continues.
If you want to see my Neanderthals and Romans click on A Sims Clan TOT and for the future click on new - Renaissance Sims Test of Time
Test Subject
#2856 Old 31st Aug 2016 at 4:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cespencer7
I didn't plan to blog either, but I found that after a few rounds you will have so many lots that it is hard to keep track of every Sim and their story line. Building the website gave me a way to organize things and it is fun to go back and visit your sim ancestors. The other thing is that we all enjoy reading each others' stories and getting ideas for our own games. So, if you want to blog or build a website do it for yourself and we will all enjoy it with you. If you don't we understand. It is hard enough to find time to play.


@cespencer7 I'm currently reading your blogs and have to say how awesome they are. I admire your hard work and dedication to your challenge. I decided to blog my challenge as well to have something to look back on as time progresses. Your blog has inspired me to keep my challenge going and stay motivated and if it can be half as good as yours I'll be pleased.
I haven't gotten this far yet but I noticed in the Roman times higher class girls go to finishing school while boys go to university. Did you build a separate school for girls to attend or just let them join the boys at university? Thanks!

My blog: olivepixelstestoftime.blogspot.com
Lab Assistant
#2857 Old 4th Sep 2016 at 6:47 PM Last edited by LiliLiliLili : 5th Sep 2016 at 8:46 PM.
I decided to play again. Big news! Two couple moved out and they had enough money to build a proper wooden house! (I didn't follow the 3000 rule)
They are:
Asian woman + ginger man
Black man + black woman

And the founders will die within a few like 3-4 days. They are too old.
Edit: Another two couple moved out! But one Asian woman (the brunette) was so hungry and her husband can not catch fish and was hungry too. So I had a idea! Her sister invited them over and gave them a gift: a family size fish food (I don't know the English name). Then they both had energy to catch fish, so it's okay now. Just in case anyone has similar problem, this is my idea. Of course if the person who gives gift is a good friend or relative of somebody in the other family.

So far this is how the town evolved. If you wonder what's with the red roofed house... In that family the founder man died and everybody got inheritance, so they built a new house. Yeah I know historically they didn't have Sim City state give them money, but pretend they found a mine or God gave them money.

Sorry for my English, I only learned it from the internet and music videos.

"Why worry? If you've done the very best you can, worrying won't make it any better." -Walt Disney
Test Subject
#2858 Old 7th Sep 2016 at 4:33 AM
@Lilli Congrats on all the progress you've made! I too had a similar food issue in my game just yesterday and did the exact same thing! I'll be blogging about that soon though... Great minds think alike LOL! Funny enough I didn't realize sims could cook catfish on the grill once they have 2 skill points in cooking so I honestly could have saved myself the trouble but panicked because I thought the whole family was going to die of starvation since there was no bass fish left! :D
Inventor
#2859 Old 7th Sep 2016 at 7:03 AM
I also had a similar issue with the fish issue in my second attempt (I'm in attempt number three now). I was out of fish for one of the households, the fourth one in my rotation (which in every single instance of this challenge has been my smallest family) and I lost the mom before I could get some fish. Mine, however, could have been prevented. Mom and Dad were out of fish, but the eldest child, hours away from becoming a teen when mom died, had some. And I could have had him give the fish to one of them to cook, but somehow that, of all things, seemed cheaty to me. It was both annoying and amusing because they needed to fish so they could eat, but were too hungry to fish long enough to catch anything. ~VP

I'll stop being anti-social when the rest of the world quits being idiots!

My Own Website! www.violetpadfootscreations.weebly.com
Instructor
#2860 Old 8th Sep 2016 at 9:04 AM
In the attempt before this one, and the two attempts before that I recreated the same families. One of them was called the Fisher family and nearly starved to death in the first season of every single attempt. It's almost as if my game did it just to mess with me. I ended up just gifting them fish from another family each time and then pay back two fish later.

I'm honestly surprised I haven't lost any families to starvation this time round. For most families only a small group of sims is fishing and only for 2-3 hours a day. There has been a close call or two (mostly in the family of my widow and widower who couldn't hunt for days at a time) but even they didn't

Visit my ToT challenge here.
Test Subject
#2861 Old 8th Sep 2016 at 2:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogsnack
The first pic on your blog got me, it was hilarious. XD

Thanks!
I think I'm gonna make a version of this challenge, but with Indian history with the Indian caste system and all. And I could even make other countries by making them in a Downtown!
Test Subject
#2862 Old 11th Sep 2016 at 9:16 PM
Hey everyone! I had a few thoughts and questions about the challenge and wanted everyone's opinion. Sorry if the questions have already been asked...

1) How are you all handling sickness in the Neanderthal Era? Are Sims allowed to be cured or are they to be killed? Maybe I overlooked that in the rules...

2) I've been planning ahead for the Roman Era and decided instead of just choosing a sim to add as a new CAS sim (or family if necessary) I'd do a random roll for that sim or family.

Examples

Single CAS sim: I'd flip a coin for gender; heads- male, tails-female. However, if a female was rolled, I'd still add a male sim with her like a father or older brother because I don't think women were allowed to be head of a household back then, just my thinking...

Then I'd roll for skin coloring to determine status (Roll 1-4)
Skins 1-2 would be Patricians
Skin 3 would be Plebeians
Skin 4 would be Slaves

Families would work the same way basically, do a random roll to determine skin for father then another roll for mother. Father's skin would determine their status.

Example: Dad rolls Skin 1, Mom rolls Skin 2 then family status is Patrician.

CAS children limit would be:
Patrician-2
Plebeian-3
Slave-4

I'd flip a coin for gender then roll 1-3 to determine ages

Toddler-1
Child-2
Teen-3

From there I'd create my CAS sim or family, what do you all think of this idea? Too complicated? Lol. I just like to make my challenges as random as possible to hold my interest or I'll get bored quickly.

3) What do you think of gradually changing original families surnames over the Eras to match the time period? Like for instance my Gen 3 Sims would get Roman last names to mark the start of a new era that still related back to the original clan name. (Older generations could keep the clan name though) That way once you reach the Modern Era the Sims would have 'modern' surnames. I hope that made sense. Lol I may try this for my Sims but I just wondered what you thought of the idea.

Okay I think that's enough for now lol back to playing!
Test Subject
#2863 Old 14th Sep 2016 at 2:49 AM
ToriOlivia,
1) About sickness, I have the realistic sickness mod installed, so I just let things run their way - no need to intervene. I haven't had any sims die that way yet, even though most of them are almost permanently sick... I might have a mod conflict somewhere, though, because I'm pretty sure realistic sickness is supposed to kill sims sometimes.

2) That rule about adding sims in the Roman era is meant to help manage an unbalanced neighborhood, I think, such as adding a woman if there are not enough of them to keep all families going. If I were you, I'd wait until I reach that point to decide whether to add a specific sim type or to pick it randomly. Personally, I'm not planning on adding anyone unless it's a life-or-death situation for a clan - don't forget you will have to play the new arrivals in rotation, too, and I suspect the neighborhood might be more than big enough already by that point. (That said, your ideas sound good, and might be helpful in determining those traits that you can afford to leave to chance in those sims you add.)

3) About family names, one of my own ideas back when I started was to change the names bit by bit, a little each generation, but to always keep the original for the elder line, so that I would end up with a variety of related family names by the end of the challenge. I'm currently using a variant with (pronounceable) strings of letters (all my sims have weird names taken from a list of drow names from the Forgotten Realms, anyway, so why not give them weird family names too?), and it certainly makes it easier to use FamilyFunds
- so yeah, it's a good idea, at least in my opinion.
Field Researcher
#2864 Old 17th Sep 2016 at 3:17 PM Last edited by cespencer7 : 18th Sep 2016 at 5:10 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToriOlivia
@cespencer7 I'm currently reading your blogs and have to say how awesome they are. I admire your hard work and dedication to your challenge. I decided to blog my challenge as well to have something to look back on as time progresses. Your blog has inspired me to keep my challenge going and stay motivated and if it can be half as good as yours I'll be pleased.
I haven't gotten this far yet but I noticed in the Roman times higher class girls go to finishing school while boys go to university. Did you build a separate school for girls to attend or just let them join the boys at university? Thanks!

My blog: olivepixelstestoftime.blogspot.com

Tori Olivia thanks for the compliments. I love Sims! I made different colleges for boys and girls in a new university neighborhood I called Oxford. Here is the link to my colleges. Universities NOTE: I waited until later medieval age to build actually schools (For my Roman Age, they just went to school on the bus). For the Roman Age I made my all of my Sims go to a community lot to visit the Baths everyday. If I added a university lot for all the teens it would have taken forever to get through the Roman Age. As it was, I got tired of making everyone go to the Baths every time they needed a shower or a toilet and eventually added bathrooms. I did create convents and monasteries for my unmarried Sims (usually second and third siblings) in the Roman Age.

New CAS Sims: I needed to add Sims because at one point everyone was a cousin and the game wouldn't let them marry. I determined their class/caste based on the need for balance in the number of people in each class. I know everyone thinks I am so far ahead, but I shortened the number of generations in each age when I got too impatient to wait.

Adjust the Rules: Been playing this challenge since 2012 and I make changes so I keep having fun. For example, I added the Besieged Challenge to my Dark Ages so dice rolls would determine who the Vikings killed when they showed up on a lot (Loved the Besieged Challenge). Then in the Medieval Age I wrote my own merchant challenge that would create "scores" so I could add shops as community lots for my merchant (baron) class and add a new goal. I suggest doing whatever makes the game fun for you. The challenge rules are a great place to start getting ideas but don't feel that you have to follow them exactly.

Stop by my Medieval Test of Time Challenge website to see how this challenge continues.
If you want to see my Neanderthals and Romans click on A Sims Clan TOT and for the future click on new - Renaissance Sims Test of Time
Test Subject
#2865 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 5:46 PM
Hi,

I mentioned a while back I was looking for some random events to spice things up. I read through what others had done and ended up coming up with my own, so here it is! Plus a random table of one-time events. Let me know if you like it.

Main table works as follows:
- roll d6.
- 1-2, Calamity
- 3-4, Weird
- 5-6, Boon
- roll again for specific result

Calamities
1 Drought No water until it rains
2 Bad Fishing No fish for 3 days
3 Plague Give 1 sim Flu
4 Fey Random sim below elder kidnapped
5 Blight Crop disease; cannot harvest or tend for 3 days
6 Flood Destroy everything within 2-3 squares of the river (roll d2).

Weird
1 Visitation 1 random sim becomes a devoted adherent of a random religion
2 Forbidden Love Random teenage+ sim must begin an affair with the next appropriately aged sim who walks by
3 Aspiration Change Increase counterclockwise by 1
4 Must buy additional wife if possible
5 Fairy lights appear
6 Zeal Take oath if religious, else Visitation (1)

Boons
1 Inspiration Gain one research point
2 Berries Gain one berry bush
3 Good Hunting Add one animal track
4 Companion Gain Cat or Dog (roll d2)
5 Fertility Twins!
6 True Love Increase compatibility between spouses by 1 (reroll if compatibility maxed)

And just for fun...
Random Boredom Fix #1
Next sim to gain a skill point will leave and become a hermit
Next sim to get married will be switched to romance asp. (choose currently in play)
Next sim to be born will get a dog
Next sim to get sick will begin worshiping the rat god (pestilence)
Next new household will discover the fey
Lab Assistant
#2866 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 10:23 PM
I really like your list, oboesapien! I'm starting to get back into playing after a while off and I'd like to start a new Test of Time hood soon, so I'll keep that in mind for when I need to add some spice.

Kulo Seeri - Home of the Nuidya Tribe
"Not SimNation and Proud"
Test Subject
#2867 Old 20th Sep 2016 at 3:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldonyx
ToriOlivia,
1) About sickness, I have the realistic sickness mod installed, so I just let things run their way - no need to intervene. I haven't had any sims die that way yet, even though most of them are almost permanently sick... I might have a mod conflict somewhere, though, because I'm pretty sure realistic sickness is supposed to kill sims sometimes.

2) That rule about adding sims in the Roman era is meant to help manage an unbalanced neighborhood, I think, such as adding a woman if there are not enough of them to keep all families going. If I were you, I'd wait until I reach that point to decide whether to add a specific sim type or to pick it randomly. Personally, I'm not planning on adding anyone unless it's a life-or-death situation for a clan - don't forget you will have to play the new arrivals in rotation, too, and I suspect the neighborhood might be more than big enough already by that point. (That said, your ideas sound good, and might be helpful in determining those traits that you can afford to leave to chance in those sims you add.)

3) About family names, one of my own ideas back when I started was to change the names bit by bit, a little each generation, but to always keep the original for the elder line, so that I would end up with a variety of related family names by the end of the challenge. I'm currently using a variant with (pronounceable) strings of letters (all my sims have weird names taken from a list of drow names from the Forgotten Realms, anyway, so why not give them weird family names too?), and it certainly makes it easier to use FamilyFunds
- so yeah, it's a good idea, at least in my opinion.


I checked out that realistic sickness mod and it seemed like a lot of players were saying their Sims were dropping like flies which made me quite nervous since I tend to get attached to my Sims for some reason lol but I'm going try it out anyways when I get a chance to play again.

I also won't be adding CAS Sims unless absolutely necessary and if my game is really unbalanced I'll choose the Sims myself but if not I'll leave it up to chance.

Thanks for the feedback!
Test Subject
#2868 Old 20th Sep 2016 at 3:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cespencer7
Tori Olivia thanks for the compliments. I love Sims! I made different colleges for boys and girls in a new university neighborhood I called Oxford. Here is the link to my colleges. Universities NOTE: I waited until later medieval age to build actually schools (For my Roman Age, they just went to school on the bus). For the Roman Age I made my all of my Sims go to a community lot to visit the Baths everyday. If I added a university lot for all the teens it would have taken forever to get through the Roman Age. As it was, I got tired of making everyone go to the Baths every time they needed a shower or a toilet and eventually added bathrooms. I did create convents and monasteries for my unmarried Sims (usually second and third siblings) in the Roman Age.

New CAS Sims: I needed to add Sims because at one point everyone was a cousin and the game wouldn't let them marry. I determined their class/caste based on the need for balance in the number of people in each class. I know everyone thinks I am so far ahead, but I shortened the number of generations in each age when I got too impatient to wait.

Adjust the Rules: Been playing this challenge since 2012 and I make changes so I keep having fun. For example, I added the Besieged Challenge to my Dark Ages so dice rolls would determine who the Vikings killed when they showed up on a lot (Loved the Besieged Challenge). Then in the Medieval Age I wrote my own merchant challenge that would create "scores" so I could add shops as community lots for my merchant (baron) class and add a new goal. I suggest doing whatever makes the game fun for you. The challenge rules are a great place to start getting ideas but don't feel that you have to follow them exactly.


Your university looks amazing! I'm not much of a builder so I'll be on the hunt for some new houses and uni buildings once I transition into the following Eras. I also really liked your idea for the monastery and convent for unmarried sims because trying to get everyone married off seems like a lot of work! Thanks for responding!
Inventor
#2869 Old 20th Sep 2016 at 8:37 PM
@ToriOlivia, regarding the realistic sickness mod, I use it too, and have yet to have a sickness-related fatality. If you're attached to the sim, just have him/her sleep, or at least stay sitting, and they will get better. Also, get the adjusted version that's buried somewhere in the comments. It's not nearly so fatal. The original version is brutal and the reason you hear so much about sims dying from sickness. ~VP

I'll stop being anti-social when the rest of the world quits being idiots!

My Own Website! www.violetpadfootscreations.weebly.com
Field Researcher
#2870 Old 23rd Sep 2016 at 10:10 PM
Does anyone know of a good "challenge" or good way to better use the dungeon or jail in the Medieval section of the challenge. Nothing much seems to happen once I put a prisoner in there and eventually I just closed down the lot by releasing the prisoner and executing the guard for neglect. I am not against the jail, just found it boring when it came time to play that lot.

https://sites.google.com/site/asims...-orders/dungeon

Stop by my Medieval Test of Time Challenge website to see how this challenge continues.
If you want to see my Neanderthals and Romans click on A Sims Clan TOT and for the future click on new - Renaissance Sims Test of Time
Page 115 of 115
Back to top