Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Changes to our credits guidelines - posted on 12th Feb 2017 at 5:44 PM
Replies: 2906 (Who?), Viewed: 321949 times.
Page 117 of 117
Top Secret Researcher
#2901 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 2:21 PM
I really want to start this challenge. But first, I want to play all the pre-made families first. Then build that movie studio lot in Belladonna Cove. And lastly, create a custom neighborhood that will hold the pre-made Sim Bin families and stealth neighborhood NPCs. Maybe create a 2nd neighborhood that will hold my Challenge Sims.

Yours truly,

PlatinumPlumbbob
113 Wright Way
Pleasantview, Sim City, 01234
Test Subject
#2902 Old 15th Feb 2017 at 10:01 PM Last edited by vandringslust : 15th Feb 2017 at 10:34 PM.
i had two days off work so i've been playing, of course :D
as the second generation grew up i realised that they are all related (duh)... a problem i solved with the hacked wedding arch :/ a little nasty but i use their lack of knowledge about incest and genetics as an excuse... in those days, you took what you got ^^'

my simmies have now reached the iron age, and moved into little villages on top of hills with walls around them as they have discovered masonry. the romans have not colonised them yet, so they have six more turns of their own language and culture... i am looking forward to it though :D

wanted to add some pics to show you guys what they've been up to in the stone age, when they were living off nature and the sea, but my pictures are too big :/ another time for sure!
Lab Assistant
#2903 Old 16th Feb 2017 at 1:43 PM Last edited by Frogsnack : 16th Feb 2017 at 1:57 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumPlumbbob
I really want to start this challenge. But first, I want to play all the pre-made families first. Then build that movie studio lot in Belladonna Cove. And lastly, create a custom neighborhood that will hold the pre-made Sim Bin families and stealth neighborhood NPCs. Maybe create a 2nd neighborhood that will hold my Challenge Sims.

It's a great challenge and you could always take pre-made couples to start it and do a dry run. If you try to make everything too perfect you'll find yourself restarting it five times before the Roman era (just ask the rest of this board lol)

Update from my towns to all: I got nuthin. >.>'
Actually, I've been doing the Roman rounds, still in Gen 5 and I've been playing minimally. My Heritage site has too many sims to update so new babies aren't on there, and I have to look into a better geneology site but I didn't want to reupload things all over again (I also got distracted trying to turn the whole town into vampires in a different neighborhood- pic related). I was tempted to make a new heritage site for each gen honestly, but that sounds confusing, anybody got any ideas?

Following up with people here;
vandringslust- if you get around to it, we love pictures in here!

VP- What about making the plantsims a 3-gen playthrough after the modern age (as in apocalypse- then back to nature)? My plan for the 20 gen set is to add 2-3 more generations after the modern age to play into the future because I ahve it, then to followup up as if people have to rebuild again. I can limit technology to certain classes and have the world be split into tech vs nature if I like (a while before I'll have to worry about it though)

ToriOlivia- Congratulations for and welcome to the challenge! The names you came up with are great, good luck! Also I agree with Cespencer7, blogging is incredibly helpful to keep track in some way (part of the reason I started my Let's Play to be honest, I need the visuals to see what's going on). I'll answer your questionnaire in another post.

Lilli- Nice to meet ya! The neighborhood setup pics were helpful to see where your game is at, and yeah I seem to remember back in the early thread days people said you could mount extra fish on the wall to and put them on the floor to keep them from spoiling? But it's been so long since I've played Sims 2 that I don't recall if fish actually go bad of not. XD
Screenshots

Bread edges.... are the new white meat.
Test of Time Challenge! Family Tree, Stats & Pics
Watch my Test of Time Challenge Let's Play on Youtube!
Lab Assistant
#2904 Old 16th Feb 2017 at 2:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToriOlivia
Hey everyone! I had a few thoughts and questions about the challenge and wanted everyone's opinion. Sorry if the questions have already been asked...

1) How are you all handling sickness in the Neanderthal Era? I didn't have many sims be sick, but I did have a glitch where I couldn't play one of my starting families and they ended up with only a few kids, and consequently became slaves. I say anything goes in the early part of a society. Pretend a tiger ate them, but mortality was definitely higher back in the day.

2) I've been planning ahead for the Roman Era and I'd do a random roll for that sim or family. The game sort of randomizes anyways so go with what is ultimately more fun. If you have a rule that keeps you from wanting to play because it's not perfect, I vote throw that rule out. If you like micromanaging your simmies *cough* me *cough* then go for it. I added CAS sims from places that the Romans were taking over, considered them to be slaves and so they were gifts to other families and ended up where I needed them. But of the starter families of Cove (Emperors) Bupkis (Patricians), Saulsons (Plebians) and the two slave families [because there weren't a lot of kids] (Edifice and Fahadeen), I needed enough workers in other households. I also used this to introduce new genetics which has been lots of fun. The CAS sims that I married into families as slaves were allowed the status of that family if they produced and heir, which is going to cause some problems soon because the Emperor's eldest child was a girl and she married a slave (a general from an enemy army) so now her children are the cause of some scandal in the fight for power, because the eldest male heir if they ignore her married a very dark skinned girl and they also now have claim to the throne. I can't wait for the chaos of it! mwahahaha...

3) What do you think of gradually changing original families surnames over the Eras to match the time period? I agree with the idea of this, but the only thing I'd say is make a system so you know what family is from which starter family, even if that just means you have to limit what letters thier names start with. For me I change surname endings so A Cove child will be a Covea, a Covale, a Covad, a Covette, a Covos etc. Longer names are more difficult because the Fahadeens and up really weird sounding as Fahadeenae etc.
Screenshots

Bread edges.... are the new white meat.
Test of Time Challenge! Family Tree, Stats & Pics
Watch my Test of Time Challenge Let's Play on Youtube!
Test Subject
#2905 Old 16th Feb 2017 at 6:15 PM
Frogsnack, thanks! your scandal sounds like a lot of fun, really makes me look forward to the roman era!

here we go :D
Screenshots
Inventor
#2906 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 1:45 AM
Frogsnack, that sounds lie a cool idea, having an apocalypse once the challenge is over. But that means I'd have to finish the challenge. And that means playing Sims.. But I've been so distracted lately by running a roleplay board with my sister and friend. On the plus side, this means my website is going to look so much more awesome, when I get around to it because I've learned how to read and somewhat write html code (and css which makes it pretty). But I haven't had much time to play sims. Sadly.

I'll stop being anti-social when the rest of the world quits being idiots!

My Own Website! www.violetpadfootscreations.weebly.com
Instructor
#2907 Old 19th Feb 2017 at 2:42 PM Last edited by lbsgirl24 : Today at 4:45 AM.
@Vandringslust going through the challenge unlocking something every round is a great idea. I'm also unlocking new technology and inventions but my method is based on skill levels. I wish I'd did something simpler because it doesn't look like they'll have enough technology when my first gen three sim becomes an adult. I was tossing up whether to skip over the last few unlocks (at the moment one group has gardening and another has building, they still need clothing, domesticated animals and possibly writing) or just take the extra time to get them done but I may borrow your idea of a little iron age settlement so they can unlock all the things and before growing into a big civilization. I really love the pictures.

News on my game: I'm a round behind on the blog updates and haven't played my sims for months and months but today I felt like some nice relaxing sims time and like an idiot I opened my ToT hood. I forgot just how intense this challenge could be. This time I'm having a lot of trouble getting my teenage sims to meet let alone pair up so I built another lot and a placeholder sim and invited all my teen and adult gen 2 sims round. In the space of three and a half in game hours I had two sims murdered (well two failed attempted murders on the same sim) and hearts flying everywhere. In hindsight probably not the most relaxing return to this hood. If anyone's curious the results are under the spoiler.

That brings me to another thing. I've pretty much worked out who will be pairing with who now but I have a lot of love triangles and I really don't want tons of jealousy related deaths when they start getting married. Any tips to handle it or should I just nuke hearts to simulate them growing apart from teenage loves?

Visit my ToT challenge here.
Page 117 of 117