Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Site-wide announcements:

Do you download TS4 CC? Answer our poll!
Replies: 2386 (Who?), Viewed: 256348 times.
Page 96 of 96
Test Subject
#2376 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 4:29 PM
Just finished my first Roman round, Colosseum and all... One round is already taking a lot longer than it used to. This one took several days of playing every day :P
There is a cold running in the neighborhood that I can't seem to get rid of. I was very surprised to see sims dying from it (well only the slaves seems to die) when I don't even have realistic sickness. It's probably their lack of hygiene and energy from not having any showers and everyone sharing a room.
Well, I guess I'm off to start Round 2 *still no life* See you!

Follow my Test of Time Challenge here: Winter Valley
Field Researcher
#2377 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 2:48 AM
@abcbok how are your slaves making money if they don't have jobs at all? I felt bad giving kids a high chance of dying in the Colosseum so I weighted my odds so it wouldn't happen as often. I see you're continuing to blitz through the rounds. I'm in awe of your progress.

Visit my ToT challenge here.
Test Subject
#2378 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 1:41 PM
@lbsgirl24 If I find a job in Criminal, the adult male takes it (or female if there is no male). So far it hasn't been available... But I did give them quite a big starting capital, that's going to last them about 5-6 rounds if they are a family of 8 and no one has a job, so they're fine ^^ It really didn't feel good having the kids fight, I'm not going to have two in a row. If I grab a child's name, I'm just putting it away
I have to admit, I think I'm slowering my tempo soon. One household is becoming a lot more than it used to be...

I'm thinking about putting a rule about risks of being in the Criminal career, like I roll every time it's Colosseum-time and see if anyone of them has been caught. If they are, they have to fight. This would probably make the risk of children fighting smaller too

Field Researcher
#2379 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 3:14 PM
The way I handle children is I pull two names of child and up slaves. Depending on what I draw I proceed as follows.

2 children: proceed to the fighting
1 child, 1 teen: roll another teen and proceed to the fighting
1 child, 1 adult: roll another adult and proceed to the fighting
2 teens: proceed to the fighting
1 teen, 1 adult: roll another teen and up sim, proceed to the fighting with the sim of the same age group as the third sim
2 adults: proceed to the fighting

Test Subject
#2380 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 9:02 PM
I like that system. I'll definitely keep it in mind

Just a question to all who's playing or has played the Roman Era; which class do/did you like to play the most?
Personally I'm finding my plebeian families the most fun, I think because their lives are simple but managable and usually happy anyway. They spend a lot of time with their kids and each other for fun and get fond of their family members. It's nice. ^^

Lab Assistant
#2381 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abcbok

Just a question to all who's playing or has played the Roman Era; which class do/did you like to play the most?
Personally I'm finding my plebeian families the most fun, I think because their lives are simple but managable and usually happy anyway. They spend a lot of time with their kids and each other for fun and get fond of their family members. It's nice. ^^

That's a great question- I love playing the Emporers, because they have servants in the house and can get into a lot more mischief because they have free time. I also like the slaves as they tend to have bugger families and more happens when I get back around to them. I guess that makes me an extremist?

Bread edges.... are the new white meat.
Test of Time Challenge! Family Tree, Stats & Pics
Field Researcher
#2382 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 9:20 AM
I have my favorite families but I don't have a specific class I like playing. I tend to find the emperor's family alright to play (because it's a change from the slaves), as with the first plebian and the first slave family. Other than that I find my small families to be a nice change (well until a bloodline is hanging by a thread at which point they become terrifying). The only families I don't really like playing are plebians and patricians when they have too many kids because that messes up my pyramid.

If I had to had to pick I'd probably say plebians because I love home bussinesses and at the moment most of the families are pretty chill.

Test Subject
#2383 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 2:50 PM
Bah, I've run into some trouble...
I built a new graveyard for my roman sims, however, when I was nearly finished with all the mausoleums and the terrain-changes and all that, I noticed I accidentally made it a residential lot. So I used the changelotzoning cheat to change it.
However, when I tried to move Empress Monifa's grave to the graveyard, and entered the community lot to move the grave to the correct spot, the grave wasn't there... Oh ok I thought, respawned her grave with the batbox and tried to make her son walk to the graveyard with her grave in the inventory to place it that way. I placed it, but not exactly where I wanted it, so I entered the graveyard again to move it, and it was gone again
Is there any way to make the grave stay or do I have to rebuild the whole thing? I'm guessing this is because I had to use the cheat to make it a community lot. Does anyone know anything about how to solve this?

I know this is a little off-topic, but I hope that's ok >.<

Test Subject
#2384 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 5:13 PM Last edited by Melibee1323 : 13th Apr 2015 at 10:58 PM.
wow I haven't been on in a LONG time~
Im just about to start the Roman era now! (the generation has been born! Now to wait until they are adults!)
Ive really missed this challenge - even if I haven't been on in idk a year or two? haha~

Has anyone found some good family tree sites? Im using Family Echo right now, but I have no idea how to let others see it~!

"Don't mistake coincidence for fate."
~Mr. Eko, LOST
Lab Assistant
#2385 Old 22nd Apr 2015 at 12:48 AM Last edited by cespencer7 : 22nd Apr 2015 at 11:16 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abcbok

I find I really like playing the badly behaved families. There is always so much drama going on in those homes. Sibling rivalry, family feuds, unwed pregnancies, divorces, crying babies, mad dogs, kitchen fires, you name it and it is happening. I find it entertaining to see what is going to happen next. (Kind of like reality TV). My well-behaved families are all loving and caring. They are content and happy, but somehow I don't think they are as much fun to play and watch. (I fear that deep down inside I want to be bad)

Stop by my Medieval Test of Time Challenge website to see how this challenge continues - Updated March 2015.
Forum Resident
#2386 Old 22nd Apr 2015 at 7:45 AM
For reasons unknown, I just put a Roman Page on my website. Its still hidden, so don't bother going to look for it, but its there once I do hit the roman era. Which will probably be sometime next year. I have unhidden the Gen 3 page, but not yet published it. That one is because Gen Three has officially been conceived. Two of my gen 2 couples are now expecting. And once I manage to finish round five, you guys will have three pages of Generations to look at. I have manged to get through two days of Round five, so progress has been made. The eldest eight of gen 2 have become adults and gotten married, there are now six lots instead of five since the Rivnays had two boys. My current batch of teens are all on the Teen Lot and all 16 of them participated in the gardening challenge. These guys seem to like frustrating the hell out of me, by doing things like all trying to hang out in the teeny tiny toilet part of the hut. And try to shoo each other away to use the toilets and get blocked by like four people and then give up and get shooed again. Repeat to infinity until I get tired and tell the lot of them to "go here" anywhere that's not the bathroom. Other than that, they do what they want. So far none of them have gotten in fights. On the main lots however, on of my plantsims picked a fight with one of the sims just off the teen lot. And due to all the swimming those guys choose to do, he had a few body skill points while she had none. So now there's one less plantsim and one more gravestone in the neighborhood. Speaking of gravestones, little Enb Boretti has not come out to haunt yet. Maybe someone should go "nudge" his gravestone... ~VP

I'll stop being anti-social when the rest of the world quits being idiots!

My Own Website! www.violetpadfootscreations.weebly.com
Test Subject
#2387 Old Yesterday at 7:09 PM
I enjoy reading the ideas you are all giving.

I finally updated mine. Click here

Check out my ToT neighborhood Mandu.
Last updated: April 2015
Page 96 of 96

Section jump