Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
1 people viewing

VioletPadfoot

There are also 0 guests viewing too.

Replies: 2838 (Who?), Viewed: 301620 times.
Page 114 of 114
Forum Resident
#2826 Old 22nd Jul 2016 at 4:39 AM Last edited by VioletPadfoot : 22nd Jul 2016 at 4:58 AM.
thanks lbsgirl. FYI though, you might want to fix the link to the usable tents. When I clicked it, it was missing part of the address. It was only because I'm a download-aholic that I realized it was on this site and was able to add the "modthesims" part into the address bar and get to the page. and somehow, I managed to download those recolors, but neglected to get Kate's mesh off of Parsimonious... How I do not know as I usually make sure I have the original mesh before I click to download the recolors. Mysteries of the world I guess. I'm off to my ToT, where my plantsims have just developed a way for me to work them off into their own kingdom/sect/whatever, and did so with little input from me, other than my usual play. I'll share details if anyone wants them. Obviously they'll come out in a future update, but not until at least Round 7's update, which is god knows how long away, since I'm currently halfway through round six, or will be once I play two more households. ~VP

Edit to Whine: I want the tents you linked by sunni, but my computer and Box just don't get along. I tried a different browser, hoping that was my issue but no luck. It just sucks because they'd have made perfect additions to my new plantsim storyline with some invisible walls and whatnot. I was able to get the yurts though, so I can use those. ~VP

I'll stop being anti-social when the rest of the world quits being idiots!

My Own Website! www.violetpadfootscreations.weebly.com
Lab Assistant
#2827 Old 22nd Jul 2016 at 5:02 PM Last edited by TheFlyingRaccoon : 22nd Jul 2016 at 9:20 PM.
@VioletPadfoot Here is a work-around for the box links: http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/....php?f=2&t=7929

And I would love to here more about your plant sims. =)

Visit My Test of Time Challenge: wordpress & livejournal
Forum Resident
#2828 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 12:53 AM
Oh! I totally forgot that workaround! Thank you! *runs off to download before returning to the thread*

And the plantsims. I'm gonna stick it under a spoiler so anyone who wants to skip it can do so.

Now I'm off to go play some more. I completely forgot how much I loved these guys while I was off playing my ISBI challenge. ~VP

Instructor
#2829 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 3:57 AM
@VioletPadfoot I have no idea why the link did that, I could have sworn I just copied and pasted it -.- Thanks for letting me know it's fixed now.

I love what you're planning with your plantsims. A seperate plant society sounds like it would be a ball to play. Will you be making sims born to plantsims in normal families also genetically plant sims or will they remain as normal sims.

Visit my ToT challenge here.
Forum Resident
#2830 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 5:30 AM
Honestly? I don't know. The idea is still growing, and at the speed it takes me to play, it still has a long while before it needs to be anywhere near finalized. But I think it'll just be sims that have two plantsim parents that will be genetic plantsims. And I'll probably end up flipping a coin or rolling a die to determine if a sim born to just one plant parent inherits the planty-ness at adult. ~VP

Lab Assistant
#2831 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 12:09 PM
Thank you for the answer Ibsgirl24. Nice work everybody , you all have authentic homes, but mines are just simple houses with cheap furniture. xD I'll show it if you are interested .

Sorry for my English, I only learned it from the internet and music videos.

"Why worry? If you've done the very best you can, worrying won't make it any better." -Walt Disney
Test Subject
#2832 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 6:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiliLiliLili
Thank you for the answer Ibsgirl24. Nice work everybody , you all have authentic homes, but mines are just simple houses with cheap furniture. xD I'll show it if you are interested .

...excuse me?
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-vHW6cgBA...00/Johnson1.png
Lab Assistant
#2833 Old Yesterday at 2:38 AM
I made a Sims 3 Conversion.
Forum Resident
#2834 Old Yesterday at 4:15 AM
@LiliLiliLili : simple is perfectly fine. My first attempt at the challenge, the house was one large room that was large enough to hold two double beds, a crib or two and a bench (all the cheapest possible) with a tiny 2x2 room in the corner for the toilet, and only so that once my families were bigger, I didn't have to deal with as much bathroom shooing. My current house was developed to minimize the number of people that needed shooing at any given time, be it either for bathroom/shower usage or woohooing. Also did anyone else know that if a child is using the shower that came with uni, an older sim will refuse to enter that room? At least that's how it happens in my game. It was keeping my sims from getting to the toilet for a while until I figured it out and tossed some floor edging down to make the shower a separate room.

@ebflover777 : are you going to share our progress? I like seeing frogsnack's s3 conversion, I'd love to see yours too ~VP

Instructor
#2835 Old Yesterday at 5:26 AM
@VP That makes a lot of sense as to how you'll be deciding whether a sim is a plantsim or not. Hopefully your game doesn't get (even more) overrun with them. That's interesting about sims shooing other sims from the bathroom. I installed a no privacy mod for my historical hoods ages ago so sims can use a shrub toilet etc without getting mad at the sims on the other side of the lot.

@LiliLiliLili there's nothing wrong with a simple room. I think with my current setup I kept having to go back and fiddle with things to make them work properly. Like I forgot to put a door on the invisible room that protects the toddler tent and I had to spend ages hunting for a cc shower that looked appropriate and worked with my cold showers mod (as that's the main way my sims cool down). I would have saved myself a lot of headaches if I'd bit the bullet and given them a simple room house. At least then everything would have worked properly from the start.

Funnily enough I'm going to be switching over to simple rooms when my sims have enough materials and enough logic skills to build a room that won't fall on their heads.

Speaking of unlocking houses this time round I'm using a basic unlock system for various things my sims need so I can get a feel of technological advancement over time. I'm actually toying with the idea of not moving to Roman (crazy, I know) until certain things are unlocked. I thought I'd share what I came up with here under the spoiler if anyone's interested.

Visit my ToT challenge here.
Test Subject
#2836 Old Yesterday at 8:06 AM
It's been a while since I showed everyone here my posts! I'll just link all of posts since I've written a couple.
http://randomblogwithrandomstuff246...est%20of%20Time
Test Subject
#2837 Old Yesterday at 8:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbsgirl24
@VP
Writing: When a sim maxes logic and creativity they develop language and become literate. They will open a school and join the education career. School will be unlocked, sims who spend more than a season in school will be literate. One generation on everyone (perhaps only in specific classes) will be allowed to use skill books.[/spoiler]

I think I might use this when my second generation kids become adults. (Yay, double post.)
Lab Assistant
#2838 Old Yesterday at 11:42 AM
My houses

Sorry for my English, I only learned it from the internet and music videos.

"Why worry? If you've done the very best you can, worrying won't make it any better." -Walt Disney
Test Subject
#2839 Old Yesterday at 8:39 PM
I'm definately going to do this challenge on the Sims 3. It shouldn't make a difference to the actual challenge. It sounds really fun!
Page 114 of 114