Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 1:19 AM
Default Features I've never tried in the Sims 3
Surprsingly, I've never tried Twinbrook and I've had Ambitions since last summer. I've looked at tons of pictures/videos of it online but have never actually taken the time to open the world and peek around. Which is funny because I spent a large amount time playing in Bridgeport, even with all it's laggy goodness. Are there any features in the Sims 3(or from S2 & S1 really) that you've never tried or even touched?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 1:53 AM
I have never played with the in-game Sims families (like Goth or Monty).
I tried in Sims 1 a little but since Sims 2 I always delete all the the existing houses and create my own city (I have less pudding faces and vampires this way).
Building and creating Sims is simply more important to me and somehow I just don't like quests (I major reason for me never to buy TSM).
Instructor
#3 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 2:03 AM
Despite purchasing Ambitions, I haven't used any of the professions except for Writer (which seems pointless, as Sims can make money with writing without this), or Architectural Designer.

I've looked around, but never played Sunset Valley. The first town I played was Twinbrook.

I didn't get into TS3 until later, so I've always had WA and Ambitions. The terrible thing about a series is that if it's something I really like, then I just have everything in the series. So when the next EP comes out, I'm going to get it, though I won't necessarily install it the day after it comes out.

Part of the reason I waited is the fact that the Base game of any of the Sims series always seemed lacking. As cool as the TS1 base game was, I thought it was lame without any EPs. So I didn't make the same mistake again, and made sure at least one EP was available before jumping in.

Hmm....I haven't tried some of the career options. Usually I just stick to the business, journalism, medical, and political careers. Once I assigned the Film career to a Sim I moved in though.

I've never had an active Sim live in an apartment for any time longer than a single Sim day.

When I played Bridgeport, the only active Sim who ever used the subway was a child, when he was going to school. I use a mod to disable school buses and carpools, so every Sim drives to school/work, except for children who bicycle. So far there aren't any mods which let a parent or teen sibling give their child/younger sibling a ride to school.

I've never played a Mummy longer than a few Sim minutes.

I generally leave aging off, I suppose because in TS1 there wasn't any aging at all. So I age them up manually.

I haven't used most of the items that are purchasable from the special merchant in WA destinations. Mostly just the respective "Certificate of Partnership."

I've obtained the Eyes of Horus without testingcheatsenabled, but didn't use them after I left the tomb where you find them.

I generally DON'T hire a butler, since his meal preparation interferes with my Sims' goals of maxing the cooking skill. I could simply place the fridge behind a door, and lock it to "Household Only," but that makes the kitchen look ugly.

Probably some other things I forgot.
Inventor
#4 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 2:25 AM
I don't hire butlers either. When LN first came out I did, but the butler didn't bathe. Naturally her hygiene went in the red, so all she would do was make a face that something (her) stank. Seriously, all she did was stand in one spot and did NOTHING.

I leave aging off as well.

At first I made my sims travel alot with WA, but now I rarely ever do.
Test Subject
#5 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 2:46 AM
I've never played a vampire or made a simbot/purchased one with lifetime rewards. I don't have WA, but I don't imagine I'd do anything with the mummies, either. I guess I'm not into the "occult" characters.
Space Pony
#6 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 2:54 AM
I never use vampires. I hate them.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 3:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bchbch Walk
I never use vampires. I hate them.

I never use them either. I dont hate them, but I do find them annoying when they pop up everywhere. A funny incident is when I took the sim I was playing to the park and I saw one of my favorite sims had turned into a vampire. I was so mad I haven't played that sim since.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 4:39 AM
Never plaid the supernaturals in TS3. When the game came out, I did the O'h My Ghost opportunity because I didn't know what it was, but that Ghost didn't last even a day because I didn't like her ghostly form. I have done the opportunity two other times, but this was to resurrect a dead Sim, but I made sure I was able to feed them ambrosia the moment they got resurrected, so they didn't have to be ghosts for more than a few seconds. Vampires, I would like to try, but so far nobody has given me Vampire vibes.

Never had a band. Also, I have never plaid a celebrity for real, I have had a few Sims who got to level one due to an opportunity, or because the Cook family was raising one of my playable children, but I don't consider playing an accidental 1 star celebrity as playing a celebrity, because they did not choose this and they didn't do any celebrity stuff, like trying to become more famous by doing silly stuff in front of the paparazzi.

There are also many careers I have never gotten to the top, for example all the AM career, and most RH careers. The only careers I have reached the top in have been business and criminal. I've never had any sim master a skill fully. I have had the reach level 10 in many skills, but I have not had them master it by doing all the extra opportunities.

Never finished a chess tournament. Never managed to finish exploring all the WA worlds, my explorer woman almost explored everything but then she died of old age. Never caught all fishes or grew all plants. From the LTW list I have maybe finished 10%.

There are other stuff I know I have not tried but can't remember it now.
Instructor
#9 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 5:56 AM
I haven't played mummys simbots or vampires I intended to but I naver got around to it.

I have mostly travled to Shang simla when I travled but I have travled to Egypt several times I avoid france because I hate that if you want the Eiffel tower you have to make room for it yourself I don't get why it would come with the game but not BE in the game.

I haven't played any professions extensivly. The ones I'v played most are (in order) Stylist because it game me a fun profitable way to fix the fugly sims in my town. Ghost hunter(or whatever its called) I only played one sim but I played on this one for a few weeks so I got pretty far up on the job chain. And Architectural Designer I played one sim on this and did three and a half jobs(that saved game is paused on the last house I haven't played it in months) I just prefer rabbit hole job that way I can play the sims who don't have solid jobs without a distraction.

I have gone to bars and such in bridgeport but I have only done so a few times routing in bridgeport is horrible and when they get to clubs they wait for an elevator for hours then they get up there and there are three other people there a bar tender a bouncer and one celebrity. so i tend to avoid bars.

I haven't worked with alot of skills I didn't have a serious photographer till I started playing LN and I still have yet to do much with the inventing skill aswell

I'm sure there are more beacuse I tend to play the same kind of familys my current sim project is the only one where I really have a variety of sims so
Alchemist
#10 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 6:11 AM
The professions from Ambitions. I've tested a few of them out for like an hour each, but never completed one or even gotten promoted.

Mummies. Never felt like trying one.

Male sims. Aside from breeding purposes, I don't like playing them. No offense, guys!

Careers in general. I've just never had the patience, and if I do play one, I don't pay attention to it.

The family half of the gameplay. I want to try it out, I'm sure it's fun, it's just never interested me.

The Photography skill. I just don't get it, and I hate the camera's controls.

Going from a poor sim to a wealthy sim the honest way. Yes, I admit to cheating for money. I do plan to make a sim rich the honest way as soon as I get my game back, though!

There are more, I just can't think of any.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 6:15 AM
I'm mildly embarrassed to say that there's probably a large percentage that I haven't tried; everything from specific careers, supernaturals, legacies, skills and the list goes on.

Not sure why that is as I often start a game with a "different" plan but always end up playing the same boring game as I usually do LOL

"There's downloadable dongs elsewhere."
My Plumbob Story
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 10:24 AM
I have not even touched the architecture career. I already spend an ungodly amount of time subjecting the game to my design tastes, why should I cater to the townie sims'?? It seems counterproductive.

One thing I'd LIKE to do is have a mummy in my home neighborhood. I've gotten all the other sarcophagi, and every jar but ONE to get a mummy, but still no mummy..
Instructor
#13 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 7:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by uchuujin
I have not even touched the architecture career. I already spend an ungodly amount of time subjecting the game to my design tastes, why should I cater to the townie sims'?? It seems counterproductive.

One thing I'd LIKE to do is have a mummy in my home neighborhood. I've gotten all the other sarcophagi, and every jar but ONE to get a mummy, but still no mummy..

One of the tombs has at least one of every canopic jar, but I forget which one. I think it's the largest pyramid, but I'm not sure.

Another idea to get them all is that on a vacation to Egypt, go to the relic shop every single Sim day. The selection is updated at 12:01AM each Sim day. Sometimes Canopic jars are for sale. They're expensive items, so they will be at the bottom. That's actually a tip for completing the WA opportunities. Go to the relic shop every day, and buy every single piece of metal, every gem, and every item that's part of a collection.
Test Subject
#14 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 7:56 PM
I've never tried mummies, or martial arts tournaments. There might be a ltw or two I don't bother trying, like the private museum thingy.
Forum Resident
#15 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 10:57 PM
Mummies, several LTWs.. Fat sims.. that's really bad, I don't wanna burden my sims I guess. I make my sims enemies fat, lol. Red or Green skinned sims.

Go suck an elf...
Field Researcher
#16 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 11:04 PM
I haven't hired a butler, tried the stylist or architectural design careers, and I haven't explored all of the tombs in WA. Also I've never done the Sports or Military careers.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 11:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BenC0722
One of the tombs has at least one of every canopic jar, but I forget which one. I think it's the largest pyramid, but I'm not sure...

Oooh, thanks! Actually, that's one of the things I didn't do: finish all of the tombs. I was going to, but my intrepid explorer got whacked by a mummy. It was very tragic. I probably should have kept him around, but I was running out of space in my household.

FridaKahlo: I hired a butler just so I could watch him drink all of my booze. I blame MTS. (And the monocle. Those things are awesome.)
Scholar
#18 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 12:56 AM
I haven't tried the ghost hunter career yet, I haven't tried all of the self-employed careers yet. I haven't played a male/male relationship yet for some reason XD
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 3:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ebec17
I haven't tried the ghost hunter career yet, I haven't tried all of the self-employed careers yet. I haven't played a male/male relationship yet for some reason XD

Two words, my dear: gay firefighters. This probably amuses me more than it ought to, but for some reason a kickass husband-husband team is just way too cool for words.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 5:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by uchuujin
Two words, my dear: gay firefighters. This probably amuses me more than it ought to, but for some reason a kickass husband-husband team is just way too cool for words.

Hah, my ghostbuster is gay, and he's ghost busting in Barnacle Bay at the moment. Currently single, as the only guy he finds attractive, is a celebrity who's too high up for us to impress.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 6:47 AM
There's a ton of stuff I have never tried, I have never completed a collection, never had a crystal skull, never tried many of the careers or the lifetime wishes, no vampires, simbots or mummies, never completed all the tombs, never reached level 10 of the fishing or gardening skills, never made nectar, never had a ghost (I have never been offered the science thing). I have never had a gay couple or played with premades, never had any premature deaths. I have not yet seen a meteor strike though I am desperate to, hopefully it will take out one of my playables there isn't much drama/tragedy in my game. I could go on but this post has me wondering wondering what I actually have been doing with my simming time.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 7:07 AM
I've never...

- Raised a child from baby to elder.
- Thrown a wedding, house or birthday party WITHOUT the 'Legendary Host' reward perk.
- Made a married couple that was actually faithful to one another.
- Played a fat Sim, alien or vampire.
- Had a Sim who was a Criminal, Musician, Firefighter, Stylist, Interior Designer or Scientist.
- Created a band.
- Created a legacy.
- Played a Sim longer than 48 hours.
- Participated in a challenge.
- Made a self-Sim, a celebrity replica or a Sim based of people I know.
- Recorded video in TS2 or TS3.
- Created a teenage Sim.
- Not played a game without using 'kaching', 'motherlode', 'testingcheatsenabled true' or hacks.
- Relinquished ALL control to let Sims *actually* have free will.
- Played around with the life spans (it's always on epic).

...damn, no wonder why the game gets boring so fast!
Alchemist
#23 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 10:05 AM
i havent actually gotten too deep into WA adventure-type situations, since every time i go to a spot with a new sim i have to do the exact same starter quests all the hell over again and that gets boring around the 15th time.
that, and by the time the travel cool-off moodlet vanishes, i have stuff to do in my hometown. its easy to forget adventures when youve got a career/family/plot to attend to.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Scholar
#24 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 5:27 PM
I soooo want to try the gay firefighter now, but my firefighter is a bit glitched - I can do everything except save the people from the burning fire XD Hm, maybe gay artist might not be too bad with a gay solider (for contrast)...NOW I WANT TO PLAY *runs to game*
Field Researcher
#25 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 10:48 PM
I only have Sims 3, WA and Ambitions, so I haven't played anything that involves Late Night. My plan is to do the same as I did in Sims 2 - always be one EP behind, so that our wonderful third-party modders have fixed as many of the bugs as possible by the time I get it .

I haven't had any non-human sims yet. Mummies don't interest me, although I suppose I should have one just for the sake of it. Simbots do interest me, but none of my sims are far enough along in the Inventing skill to be able to make one yet.

I've done less than half of the World Adventures quests. Some of them have been done by multiple sims, others not at all.

None of my sims have a high enough Visa level to buy property in a Vacation resort.

I haven't attempted to make any tombs of my own!

Like a lot of people, I haven't played all the Ambitions careers. I won't ever play Stylist or Educator since those doesn't interest me, but I do intend to have a Firefighter, Ghost Hunter, Private Investigator and Architect sometime. I just need to find the right sims to do that with . Not sure about Doctor.

Haven't touched the Photography skill. I don't understand how to take good photos yet, and when I looked at an FAQ it seemed way too complicated for my poor brain. Will do it at some point, I'm sure.

Never had a bake sale, partly because I only rarely play children and only have one sim of the right age to learn baking. And she's more interested in painting right now.

Never tried to have my sims Woohoo anywhere other than in their own houses!!

Never had a Wedding Party, only Birthday and House Parties. My sims who are married all did so in a Private Wedding. Too many nightmare weddings in Sims 2, haha.

Never played with CAS sims, only with premades. Huh. Seems too much effort to start sims entirely from scratch unless they are self-sims or celebrity sims though, and I utterly suck at making sims who look like real people.

Really haven't done all that much when I look at this list. I should add some of these things to the text file I keep on my desktop, entitled "Things to do with Sims" .

(Ancient) Sims 2 stories | Adventurous, Bookworm, Eco-Friendly, Genius, Over-Emotional
Page 1 of 3