Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 11:15 PM
Ive never played the Stylist or Architect career past level 1.
I've never messed with the consignment shop.

“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 4:18 AM
I have never:

* had a Sim who is a vampire, Simbot, mummy or any other supernatural creature
* had a celebrity Sim
* collected a whole collection (gem cuts, bugs, fish, etc)
* had a Ghostbuster Sim
* completed all of the Visa levels in a WA destination
* explored all of the tombs in a WA destination
* transmuted anything

I'm sure there's other stuff in the game I haven't bothered to do or don't find interesting. I'm always most excited and most disappointed by travel-related expacs, it seems. I was so excited to get WA and now I never bother to go on vacation. Otherwise, the biggest turn off for me are the supernatural creatures. It just doesn't fit my gameplay style.

"Books don't take time away from us ... They give it back. In this age of abstraction, of multitasking, of speed for speed's sake, they reintroduce us to the elegance - and the relief! - of real tick-tock time." - Home Safe, Elizabeth Berg
Top Secret Researcher
#28 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 4:30 AM
I have never set off fireworks or had a sim in the Education career.
Inventor
#29 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 6:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by uchuujin
Two words, my dear: gay firefighters. This probably amuses me more than it ought to, but for some reason a kickass husband-husband team is just way too cool for words.

I dont know how I can avoid trying this now, its something I have never done but as the Aunt of a teenage girl on the east coast, its awfully tempting.
Inventor
#30 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 6:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Damocles
I have not made any waffles. I do not like the taste and the crunchy texture with a light, fluffy inside. It's safe to say I am an idiot of some sort.

*nod* *nod* I have not made anything with eggs.
Inventor
#31 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 6:32 AM
I have a LONG LONG list of things I havent tried, but its because I like the things I have found that work. When I feel adventurious, I will try something on the list, but I have to say this, the enviroment in Twinbrooks makes my arthritus hurt, and ummm the stylist career makes me want to make some gay firefighters.

One of my favorite things about the Sims is the long list of things I havent tried yet, because I havent had time to get to them, because other stuff is too fun.
Inventor
#32 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 2:04 PM
I've never had a ghost baby although I've been dying to concoct one with a ghost. lol

I've never played a mummy.

To the one that got mad because their favorite sim became a vampire and hasn't played them since, send them to the science facility and get them cured lol

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Instructor
#33 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 2:20 PM
There is a lot of stuff in the game that I have messed around with for a bit, but haven't explored in full. There are also things I haven't done at all. A lot have been mentioned in this thread so I will try to think of a couple that haven't been mentioned yet.

I haven't explored the nectar skill at all beyond making a simple bottle or two in France. I also haven't explored the mixology skill beyond a simple drink. Both of these skills I'd really like to explore more, but they both seem really time consuming and I haven't had a sim yet that can devote that kind of time.
Field Researcher
#34 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 4:19 PM
I've never tried the photographer thing besides maybe a few snapshots. I find the camera annoying to use for my Sims. I also don't really do the stylist career or the architectural designer career.
Forum Resident
#35 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 6:39 PM
Transfiguration using the display case.

Quote: Originally posted by dream_operator23
...I haven't explored the nectar skill at all beyond making a simple bottle or two in France. I also haven't explored the mixology skill beyond a simple drink. Both of these skills I'd really like to explore more, but they both seem really time consuming and I haven't had a sim yet that can devote that kind of time.

The nectar skill is really good to try with a sim that it really good at gardening, higher quality ingredients makes better quality nectar, plus add 1 life fruit and 3 flame fruit for extra moodlets I'm having fun with it. Somewhere on this site someone talked about adding plasma fruit to the nectar (plus 1 life fruit and 3 flame fruit) as an alternative to the plasma juice boxes, but I think she/he said that drinking from the neck was too barbaric for him/her... I'm not bothered, but I have busy vampires, and I think the juice box is kinda naff.

Go suck an elf...
Field Researcher
#36 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 7:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DeLoure
I've never...

- Raised a child from baby to elder.

Neither did I. Not even in TS2. I never realized this, till now.

We are the Felegands. We will kick your ass.
Field Researcher
#37 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 8:57 PM
Hardly ever let a sim die, and never ever of old age.
Never let my sims use any of the mean interactions.
Never let my sims fail at anything if I can help it.

My sims live in a world as perfect as I can make it and everyone I control is happy all the time. No wonder the game feels unrealistic.
Field Researcher
#38 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 2:59 AM
I've never ever had any sim die, ever (S1/2/3), except when I first bough WA.

Mummy curse.

Didn't see that one comin'.

"There's downloadable dongs elsewhere."
My Plumbob Story
Test Subject
#39 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 3:18 AM
I've never tried green or red skin for my sims..
Instructor
#40 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 5:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nimahrv
I've never tried green or red skin for my sims..

I've never tried any unatural skin colors Its kind of like never trying supernaturals Its hard to find a fitting place for them in everyday sims life. Unless I focus an entire story/life line around it and that is time consuming. Plus I already have a billion things i want to do.

I have never had a sim cursed by a mummy. and I have never had any YA sim I made in CAS age period. And no sim in my control has died even if it ment shuting down my game without saving.
Top Secret Researcher
#41 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 6:11 AM
My sims have never sold collected fish or produce to the grocery store. I'd rather have the things instead of the money, even though my sims collect more stuff than they could ever use.
Scholar
#42 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 7:08 PM
^ You're a sim-horder XD In all seriousness though, I have the opposite problem. I can't stand things in my inventory and sell them even if I think that I'll use it in the future :P
Forum Resident
#43 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 7:29 PM
I've never gotten through a legacy play: never even made it past the first generation. I tend to hate the children my Sims produce, so I don't like playing them. I also apparently grow bored, or a new EP comes out or I want to redo all of my CC, so I just delete my saved games in order to make everything easy on me. Of course, that means that I spend a lot of my time with the Sims I create because I can't get any further. I've never played with many of the Ambition careers. I did get to level 10 with the Firefighter and Ghost Hunter careers, but the others just irritated me and those Sims didn't last long. I don't like playing in any of the worlds except Sunset Valley and ruthless_kk's Victorian Bay 2.0, so I've never played in Bridgeport (I opened it up with intent to play it but I never really felt any desire to play in an apartment because they were all horribly decorated and I didn't feel like redecorating at the time). I've never played a vampire, Simbot, or mummy. I had a mummy one time but I grew bored within a couple of minutes and moved him out of my Sim's home. I've only maxed a Sim's skill a couple of times: usually that skill is gardening because it's easy and guitar because I can just leave them alone with it. I think I leveled up logic to level 10 once but I don't remember. I have made a Sim self, but I didn't really try all that hard so she didn't all that much like me. I love WA but I've never really played through all of the quests and such so I've never gotten a top level Visa.

Wow, thinking it over, I haven't done a whole lot with the games. I buy the games with the intent of playing them and then it never really gets all that far. I'm still finding new things to do that I didn't know I could do, but then I don't really use it again.

[you say you believe me but you don't deceive me]
Field Researcher
#44 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 7:32 PM
I've gotten to the top of the firefighter career but I still haven't had to deal with an earthquake, that'll happen right?
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 17th May 2011 at 1:26 AM
I haven't..

become a martial arts master.
played a mummy, STILL.
raided every tomb on every map.
been able to play the investigator profession without rolling my eyes at least a dozen times per case.
and come to think of it, I've never played a sim from baby to elder, either. I've gotten from CAS'd toddler to elder, but by that time I tend to be attached. They SHOULD be dead, but now they'll just end up living forever. :/

I also seem incapable of having a sim failure. The majority of my sims have good grades, rocket through their job/profession.. they usually have tragic love lives and/or tragic deaths, though. I don't know why.
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 17th May 2011 at 1:45 AM
Never tried the Stylist or Architect Career
Never played without cheats, hacks or money cheats.
Never played a ghost hunter (should do that soon!)
Never had more than three kids (at least in Sims 3)
Never played a fat sim
Never let my sims use the "bad" traits (Hot-headed, etc.)
Never let my sims use the mean gestures
Test Subject
#47 Old 17th May 2011 at 2:01 AM
only thing that i havent had was a gay sim....everything else listed above i've done
Eminence Grise
#48 Old 17th May 2011 at 2:56 AM
I'm currently in the middle of my longest legacy ever -- generation 4 was just born so I can scratch that off my list of "nevers".

- Photography -- I too find it way too fiddly. Someday I'll finish that skill/LTW, but it'll have to be with a single loner sim :p
- Vampires -- I've played with them a tad... the rapid skill gain just feels way too cheaty though. Haven't really gotten into it. Have played a lot of ghosts, simbots, robots and mummies though
- WA: I think I've explored every tomb at one time or another, but not with the same sim/family. Haven't completed either of the tomb exploration LTWs. That's next up in my legacy.
- Ambitions: I've played all the careers, but I haven't finished the firefighter or architect LTWs. JUST finished the stylist... not sure I'll do it again it was not un-fun, but hard to do with a family. As soon as he got to the top he rolled an opportunity to become an athlete, and jumped at it
- Master Romancer LTW: haven't finished it yet, I'm one woohoo away from it in my current game though
- I'm not sure which skills I've completed all the challenges in, but for sure not all of them, although I have been level 10 in all except photography and maybe drums and bass.
- Never had a meteor strike (the big one, I've had the telescope ones) or an earthquake. Never had any of the special move-in scenarios.
- I've tried a band, but didn't get far with it.
- Never gotten a sim good at tattooing.

Probably more, but those leap to mind eventually I hope to do everything, AT LEAST once, and in some cases, AT MOST once
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 17th May 2011 at 3:28 AM
I've never:
- Played a lesbian couple.
- Made a remotely successful band.
- Had a sim die of anything other than old age...you have to try REALLY hard to get them killed, at least on TS3.
Field Researcher
#50 Old 17th May 2011 at 10:21 PM
Hmmmm... let's see.

I've never:

-Played without cheats
-Played a "different" Sim (i.e. vampire, alien, simbot, etc.)
-Used the collecting skill
-Used the inventing skill
-Tried a profession other than Architectural Design
-Played a homeless Sim
-Fulfilled a LTW
-Maxed a skill (I switch households a lot, haha)

etc... (:
Page 2 of 3