Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Non-Core Global Online Banking Mod - v1.18.48180.1022 (works with patch 1.67.2)

by Digitalchaos Posted 6th Apr 2011 at 4:15 PM - Updated 19th Feb 2016 at 10:00 AM by Digitalchaos : add words Non-Core to title

655 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 555 Feedback Posts, 99 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 27
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#2 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 4:34 PM
Amazing mod! This adds another level of realism to the game. It's really good for people making legacies as well. Like college funds and such.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 5:11 PM
Awesomesauce! I was just about to start up my game. I'm gonna pop this right in and have a go. Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 5:32 PM
o MY God this is soooo coool !!! thank you !!
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 5:36 PM
So... What happens if you remove the mod without first emptying out your bank account ?

If the money is lost, you may want to add a warning about that in your Overview.

Cheers.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Test Subject
#6 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 5:42 PM
In a later update, would it be possible to add in interest rates so that it grows over time? (even though making money is really REALLY easy) It would be great for realism :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 6:07 PM
Liked the idea. Is there any way to translate it?
I could help if you want to.

Nice mod.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 6:08 PM
That's an interesting sim you used for the screenshots. Is she supposed to be a goblin?

Human beings are a very irrational species. Some of them are even afraid of pickles.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 7:49 PM
that is so cool, and its just what i needed b/c ive been trying to get rid of all my sims money.... well most of it. thx so much. ^_^
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 7:54 PM
Nice mod but it wont work for me.

I get the menu to open an account, When I do this my sim uses the computer when he finishes the interaction nothing has happened... Nothing in inventory and the computer still has the open account option

I have installed the mod from your archive (both files).
I dont use any other core mods.
I dont use any mods that effect the computer in any way.
Game version = latest (all ep's)

Any Ideas?
Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 8:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gnasher316
Nice mod but it wont work for me.

I get the menu to open an account, When I do this my sim uses the computer when he finishes the interaction nothing has happened... Nothing in inventory and the computer still has the open account option

I have installed the mod from your archive (both files).
I dont use any other core mods.
I dont use any mods that effect the computer in any way.
Game version = latest (all ep's)

Any Ideas?

Are you using the new mod support in ambitions or using the original framework one?

All TS2 Downloads Link
All TS3 Downloads: Link
All Other downloads: Link
Skyrim SKSE 1.6.x gamepad key support: Link
Instructor
Original Poster
#12 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 8:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whoden
That's an interesting sim you used for the screenshots. Is she supposed to be a goblin?

Yeah, I was going for something like that ... I was experimenting/playing aroung with the new CAS features (that is new from TS2) to see what was possible.

All TS2 Downloads Link
Instructor
Original Poster
#13 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 8:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kman5039
In a later update, would it be possible to add in interest rates so that it grows over time? (even though making money is really REALLY easy) It would be great for realism :D

I could possible add support for this...but as of right now, I can't visuailize an easy way to do it (without a complete re-write of the code).

I will look into it...

All TS2 Downloads Link
Instructor
Original Poster
#14 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 8:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sharner
Liked the idea. Is there any way to translate it?
I could help if you want to.
Nice mod.

As of this time...it is not possible. I am not using stbl localization in the code...I would have to change that and create stbl's in the core...

All TS2 Downloads Link
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 8:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Digitalchaos
Are you using the new mod support in ambitions or using the original framework one?

The new mod support.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 8:41 PM
Just to clarify, if say a parent deposits money into an account, can they give the object to their child, effectively giving them the money?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 9:18 PM
Cool, I like this! Could it be able to send money to another sims since its a bank :D.
Test Subject
#18 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 9:29 PM
My sim inherited 89000 from her mom (she lives with her father and his new wife). That money went into the family account. With this mod, she could open a bank account and move that money into her account from the family funds and she would take that with her when she moved out, correct?
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 9:38 PM
Is the money in the individual's account spendable while in limbo? Or do they have to withdraw to spend? I Don't see the point really if it must be withdrawn...

I Remember for TS2 there was a banking mod cloned from the arcade machines... could this work in TS3?

Party up in here! BYOO!! Bring Your Own Overalls!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 9:59 PM
Wow. This is great. ☺
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#21 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 10:06 PM
Sounds pretty awesome! I was waiting for Buzzler to finish his banking mod, but this one sounds just as interesting. I only have one question: what exactly is the Sims3.NeoH4x0r.Core?
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 10:17 PM
So wait, is the Sims3.NeoH4x0r.Core a core mod, or is Twallan's Master Controller compatible with it?

--
Eduardog3000
Top Secret Researcher
#23 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 10:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eduardog3000
is the Sims3.NeoH4x0r.Core a core mod

That package is *not* a Core Mod, so nothing to worry about in that regards.

This mod is compatible with any of mine.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 11:10 PM
Very cool. I've tested with Awesomemod and Twallen's SP, MC, Register, careers and a few others, and it works as advertised. I don't if they are all like that when they use a computer, but the sim is sitting away from the desk and one arm is stretched out silly. But it's only cosmetic.

Since it's online banking, can sims take out a loan with interest, either similar to Twallan's taking a loan from the business building with an instant one time interest of 10% added to the debt, or 10% of interest every week if it's not paid off, if you want to go deeper?

Further, is it possible to add more features, such as Sim B can send money to Sim A's bank account, one time and recurring? This could be a tenant sending rent check to the landlord, or some other scenarios? Or sim B taking out a loan from sim A, and can pay back over time?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#25 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 12:06 AM
ya I think what I really want to know is can more than one sim in my household have an account and if my sims break up and one moves out to the bin and the other stays on the lot will the sim in the bin still have his account and money ? when I select him and move him somewhere else ?
Page 1 of 27