Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 52 (Who?), Viewed: 10290 times.
Page 1 of 3
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 1:48 AM
Default METOR HIT MY SCHOOL 0_o!
My sim, Kiwi Koi-Koi (yes, she's very odd, orange/black hair with red eyes) is a playground assistant (or maybe level 2 XD) at the school, and she was working when the school got hit by a metor! 5 people died and my sim and her boss were singed. There were people yelling and running away, it was mayham!
What has the metor done to you?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 2:22 AM
I haven't had one hit the school, but it seems to be the theme on the official site. I have seen at least five threads with schools being hit. I am sorry about your loss.

Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Space Pony
#3 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 3:41 AM
It hit my house and ruined my ice sculpture of the mail-boy...
Field Researcher
#4 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 3:57 AM
It hit my school too and killed 5 Sims-all male (including Mortimer Goth , AJ (Forgot his last name) and Flamenco Caliente (teacher)) It singed five Sims-all female. Weird!!! Part of the meteor remains in the school. You can see it through the back door. It made my day because it was so unexpected and dramatic!
Instructor
#5 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 4:34 AM
Ugh... LUCKY! I still haven't had a meteor hit anything in my game.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 4:59 AM
Must. Try. This. NOW.

*runs off to play TS3*
Mad Poster
#7 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 6:46 AM
Very unfair. I had one guy practically living outside because he's a hippie yet never have I gotten a meteor hit.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 7:08 AM
OMG XD I've only gotten hit by one once and she died I should do this at random parts around the city. that's hilarious XD & also tragic in it's own way...
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 7:18 AM
lol, a meteor once hit my garden. My perfect, lovely, every-plant-there-is, landscaped garden. There was much raging.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 7:35 AM
I had the meteor mod on apocalypse level in a game designed to pretty much kill any sim which stayed outside of their underground bunkers for to long. When i was tired of playing the game I forgot to remove the mod from the folder and started up in Twinbrook next. There was mass hysteria and death. The town park got leveled. I had my sim just running around and collecting the remnants. He made a killing off of it :P

The only time I've had a meteor without the mod was when I had a lone sim on an Island (Before the paparrazi curse) and spent ages making his little shack and decorating it with 'found' items, only to have it decimated by a meteor and my sim singed. It was cool though.

not indorsed by Hypno toad... all hail Hypno toad @_@
Alchemist
#11 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 8:48 AM
via the "What did you discover today while playing TS3?" thread, page 81...

There is truth, love, and light in the world. You just find it more quickly when you decide to become a source of it.
Theorist
#12 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 8:49 AM
Tch, I wish a meteor shower would appear and destroy all the fugly townies in the neighbourhood...
Inventor
#13 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 9:46 AM
*Sigh* Mine wont even hit buildings. They land in back yards and smoulder.
Scholar
#14 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 11:33 AM Last edited by Nalia : 6th Apr 2011 at 11:33 AM. Reason: spelling
There was only one incident of a meteor in my 'hood and I wouldn't notice it if my Inventor Sim wasn't around and didn't run to collect whatever crap the explosion had left behind.
Forum Resident
#15 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 1:00 PM
Never saw one in my game.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 1:01 PM
Neither did I.

We are the Felegands. We will kick your ass.
Theorist
#17 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 2:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestie Freehawk
*Sigh* Mine wont even hit buildings. They land in back yards and smoulder.

Oh yeah. In my game, "Meteors" usually only appear as a cleaning-up challenge when you purchase a new house.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 2:19 PM
I have had two, one on the oriental garden where my sim practices martial arts. Got the notification of "why the sim thinks it's dark" and I paused because I didn't know what that was. Googled it and found out a meteor strike was about to happen, so I sent my sim to the gym right next door. Soon as he made in the gym, all hell broke loose on that garden, but it was the coolest thing ever in the game. Destroyed the garden and it never regenerated, so I had to replace it. Thank goodness I had one in the bin.

The second was at that same sim's wedding, beautiful place on the beach. Right after the vows, got the notification again and I was like oh no, not now. Got the bride and groom in the building, and tried to get the friends to come over with that queue "call over", but they were too busy dancing and going to the bar. This time the rocks were not so epic, but it did kill three of the guests. My bride cried for two days and I couldn't get her to do anything productive.

Best thing is the meteors are very profitable, between the two strikes they had enough to buy an expensive home and car. Now they are considered rich. Playing with Twallan's story progression, the bride still profited from the deaths, inheritance from her dead friends. I was smiling.

Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 4:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisb40
I have had two, one on the oriental garden where my sim practices martial arts. Got the notification of "why the sim thinks it's dark" and I paused because I didn't know what that was. Googled it and found out a meteor strike was about to happen, so I sent my sim to the gym right next door. Soon as he made in the gym, all hell broke loose on that garden, but it was the coolest thing ever in the game. Destroyed the garden and it never regenerated, so I had to replace it. Thank goodness I had one in the bin.

The second was at that same sim's wedding, beautiful place on the beach. Right after the vows, got the notification again and I was like oh no, not now. Got the bride and groom in the building, and tried to get the friends to come over with that queue "call over", but they were too busy dancing and going to the bar. This time the rocks were not so epic, but it did kill three of the guests. My bride cried for two days and I couldn't get her to do anything productive.

Best thing is the meteors are very profitable, between the two strikes they had enough to buy an expensive home and car. Now they are considered rich. Playing with Twallan's story progression, the bride still profited from the deaths, inheritance from her dead friends. I was smiling.

It must have been a nice wedding...

-Darling, this is the best day of my li... oh shit NO.

We are the Felegands. We will kick your ass.
Theorist
Original Poster
#20 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 9:01 PM
I was more shocked then anything, I had just started this particular game a couple days ago I would have been maaaad if she had died, but since she didn't, and her boss didn't die either, it was kind of a cool tragedy. I was sad for all the dead children though, even if I can't stand Mary Kate (or whatever her first name is) Shallow. The Newbie kid was becoming a thug too (I have Twallen's mods, I love all the story progression stuff!), you don't get enough bullies and meanies in the game :P
I was also surprised so many people died, I could only collect two baby metors And some scraps.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 1:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laisanae
It must have been a nice wedding...

-Darling, this is the best day of my li... oh shit NO.

It was a nice wedding, and really funny watching the dumb townies just look up. I was screaming "run fools", but that didn't help. Had the bride place tombstones at the beach lot, but the ghosts haven't come around.

Sorry Ebec17 that yours wasn't so profitable. That is why I offered my sympathies.

Test Subject
#22 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 6:08 AM
The meteor struck central park once.. it made Grim Reaper play chess for a few sim hours and it killed the only good looking male sim that wasn't already in the family!
Theorist
Original Poster
#23 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 12:00 PM
It sucks when the good lookin' ones die XD
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 7:24 PM
I never had meteors strike large occupied places like schools or parks but, I remember when I was playing Matthew Hamming (Bridgeport) and I sent him to those benches found on the other side of Plumbob Studios (I think that's the name of that film studio); he had an "assignment" to read one of those books Alan Stanley gave him so he could get a promotion. Long story short, the George Clooney of Bridgeport became a burned llama after that damned meteor landed on him.

All I could scream was, "AY! ELLAGONDA!", and wave my arms around and shrug my shoulders like a Sim stuck in a corner. It was so sad.
Alchemist
#25 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 7:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pico22
Never saw one in my game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laisanae
Neither did I.

That makes three of us
Page 1 of 3

Section jump