Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#26 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 8:36 PM
now i'm going to need to get someone to marry their maid. i have a couple of sims who smoothie up on police and firefighters. i'll be needing to encourage that now too.

and i suspect you're right, my bar is probally closed, in fact i'm nearly positive it's "closed" no one is making any money or serving. but it would be nice if a couch or a cot stayed up so i could make a wino sim who pretty much "lives" there even just on a park bench out front, till it opens, then goes in and hangs out all day and night maybe "watches the bar" and makes drinks on occasion to support their drinking habbit.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#27 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 9:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
Yes, you can live on a community lot THat actually works well.

What I suggest is just make a tiny 1x1 lot right next door for your sim's "home" -- they can get their mail there -- and put everything else they need on the community lot.

Buzzler has a mod for community lot cooking, which you'd need to do this if you want your sim to be able to eat more than ice cream Here: http://www.modthesims.info/d/418246

With that, only thing they CAN'T do at the community lot is check their mailbox.

I've done this for the fire station, works great.

As for apartment buildings, I've put a bar and spa in the lobby. You do get other sims using them, though not in the numbers you'd get on a community zoned lot... think it's mostly the NPCs who live in the building. Still, might be enough to maintain the illusion

I came across a few minor details. Will your sims on your 1x1 lot know their ways to find beds at night? Or it will have to be ... micromanaged every time?

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Instructor
#28 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 10:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tomomi1922
I came across a few minor details. Will your sims on your 1x1 lot know their ways to find beds at night? Or it will have to be ... micromanaged every time?

I have a feeling it would have to be micromanaged every time, since the game wasn't designed for this. Same for children. You'd have to direct them to that lot every time they leave school.

If only there was a specific combination residential/community lot type for this.
Page 2 of 2