Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 10 (Who?), Viewed: 6276 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 12:56 AM
Default No People In The Clubs
How to have lots of people in a club? When i went to a club, there's no one dancing or drinking.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 1:09 AM
You need to check the newspapers to see what clubs are hotspots. There will only be a lot of Sims (average is around 8 per any given lot) hanging at hotspots. Otherwise you will be lucky to see one or two Sims all night.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 3:46 PM
^ ^ That only counts for Bridgetown. People don't turn up in clubs.
Do the GraphicsRules.sgr trick, then turn your town into a city if need be.
You should check the other thread.

TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Inventor
#4 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 12:03 PM
Thats cause they are at the Theatre and Gwens house.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 1st May 2011 at 5:24 AM
I had this problem too, it was because the computer specs weren't high enough. The game could run, but it could never populate the clubs. There were also no hotspots, do you have that problem as well? My solution was to move my game from the crappy desktop onto my laptop (which is working surprisingly well) but I don't know what else you can do about it.
Scholar
#6 Old 1st May 2011 at 9:03 AM
Where is Gwen's house again? It looks like a nice house party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen&tonic
I had this problem too, it was because the computer specs weren't high enough. The game could run, but it could never populate the clubs. There were also no hotspots, do you have that problem as well? My solution was to move my game from the crappy desktop onto my laptop (which is working surprisingly well) but I don't know what else you can do about it.

Is your computer spec not high enough for real? According to some tutorials I read, TS3's way of assessing your computer is not that accurate. It gave my CPU a score of 3 (when I should have 4). If I can dig out that tutorial URL, I will post here.

If you know where your sims hang out, then I suppose you can check them often and "resetsim" on each and every of them until they stop doing that. Resetsim will put them back to their front door of their lots (the spot where they first move in the lot).

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 1st May 2011 at 6:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomomi1922
Is your computer spec not high enough for real?

I think it was technically high enough, but still too low for the game to run the way it was supposed to.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 12th May 2011 at 6:51 PM
This problem is caused by several different reasons and not just one, unfortunately. Remember that if you're not playing Bridgeport you'll have to add the different clubs to your neighborhood.

If your game is working wonderfully, it could be that it's the Hotspot feature. Simply read the newspaper each day and it should tell you which clubs will be hotspots that night. Most sims should be in these hotspots.

If your game is bugged (as most with this problem) it could be one of two things. First, your game could have a glitch that is calling all NPCs to one lot and leaving them there. I recommend grabbing AwesomeMod and using the "radar all" command to check if your sims aren't being sucked in by a certain lot.

Second, it could be due to the faulty way the sims 3 classifies your computer. For more on this, go to this post on the official forums and check the second post. Follow the instructions there and you should be set.

After this, take in mind that some nights clubs will be fuller than others. For example, in my game, I have a vampiress that plays all nights in a vampire club. Some nights, the club is complety deserted, others it has plenty patrons (despite not being a hotspot) so just observe.

This signature has been censored because of the 13 year old badly written sentimentalism. -.-
Theorist
#9 Old 12th May 2011 at 7:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxen
This problem is caused by several different reasons and not just one, unfortunately. Remember that if you're not playing Bridgeport you'll have to add the different clubs to your neighborhood.

If your game is working wonderfully, it could be that it's the Hotspot feature. Simply read the newspaper each day and it should tell you which clubs will be hotspots that night. Most sims should be in these hotspots.

If your game is bugged (as most with this problem) it could be one of two things. First, your game could have a glitch that is calling all NPCs to one lot and leaving them there. I recommend grabbing AwesomeMod and using the "radar all" command to check if your sims aren't being sucked in by a certain lot.

Second, it could be due to the faulty way the sims 3 classifies your computer. For more on this, go to this post on the official forums and check the second post. Follow the instructions there and you should be set.

After this, take in mind that some nights clubs will be fuller than others. For example, in my game, I have a vampiress that plays all nights in a vampire club. Some nights, the club is complety deserted, others it has plenty patrons (despite not being a hotspot) so just observe.

Interesting, my sims went to a "hotspot" (a converted Red Rendezvous) in Twinbrook and the place was deserted with nothing but bouncers and bartenders waiting around for sims to enjoy a drink.

After looking at DeviceConfig, all I see is a bunch of 5's and 4's. Still not sure what it is exactly, but that information is useful, especially for people with low-end computers.

Theorist
#10 Old 12th May 2011 at 8:09 PM
#%^&^*%*
I am not happy with my rating at all, ugh, my mom got swindled. Either that or the fact that around half my hard drive was killed at one point by all the viriuses that this poor computer has had to fight before I got Avast! *cries*

GPU: 1 GPU Memory: 2 CPU: 1 RAM: 1 CPU Speed: 1596 Threading: 2

What stuff can I fix without getting a new computer entirely?
Theorist
#11 Old 12th May 2011 at 8:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebec17
#%^&^*%*
I am not happy with my rating at all, ugh, my mom got swindled. Either that or the fact that around half my hard drive was killed at one point by all the viriuses that this poor computer has had to fight before I got Avast! *cries*

GPU: 1 GPU Memory: 2 CPU: 1 RAM: 1 CPU Speed: 1596 Threading: 2

What stuff can I fix without getting a new computer entirely?

If it's anything like HP, Dell, or Gateway I would suggest selling your computer on ebay, donating it, and/or save up for getting a new one made. You could actually sell computer parts as well and keep the ones that you'd like to have like the hard drive and CD/DVD drive. 1/3 of the parts on my "Frankie" come from old ones. The new parts are the case, CPU, motherboard, power supply, graphics card, and a "documents" hard drive. Basically a 1TB hard drive for all my simming/document needs. The other hard drive was from my old laptop with all my installed programs.

Section jump