Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 1st May 2011 at 12:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
This happened to me once too; exactly the same as you describe. The reason it happened, in other words, the mistake that I made, is this:

I made this Townie a hero of some kind, giving her a profession. She got away from me and went home, to that Village Shoppe. All of the townies never came back out of there, they were all transformed into clones of this individual.

So if one wants to change these village shoppe townies into Profession hero sims, what one needs to do is immediately use shift+right click on them and make them playable, so they are members of your "active family"; or if you are on FreeTime, of course you can just switch to them. Then you never let them go "home", you put them to bed in one of the houses. So you will be stuck playing them forever I think.

Some of the sims in your hood do not have the village shoppe as their "home". Those acolite sims at the churches, the barman at the tavern, the nurse at the physician's are some examples. These are safe I think to turn into heroes, and after playing with them for awhile, you cut them loose and let them do what they want; they won't be going home to sleep at the village shoppe and the problem won't occur. I haven't tested this with ALLLLL of these sims though.

To add a note of caution when changing the professions of any non-hero Sim: The Squire, Xexys the Dream Demon and Abner the Simulacrum go to the village. Nyrexis the Dragon and Pond Pixie Anga will leave for the Forest. Taking hold of the Grim Reaper will cause bodies not to disappear right away or not at all. And, if a Sim dies after adding the Reaper, a force reset creates a very bizarre living-dead Sim. Other Sims morn over it and on it's own it doesn't really move. Yet you can control them and other Sims interact after mourning over them. Overall, you can add abilities to these or any Sim using the THM-Dynamic Professions Mod and you can add them to a household or marry them however you'd like. Still, take care and save before adjusting any non-hero Sim and more often than not try giving them select abilities and never change there profession. Even when successful, the Sims can still get confused about what to do and where to live. FYI, if you accidentally change a profession, changing it back to none does not fix the issue.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 1st May 2011 at 6:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by darseven
Even when successful, the Sims can still get confused about what to do and where to live.

Yes, it can create this huge problem that sims will have the incorrect bed assignment, or lot assignment if you will. I changed a sim to my Knight Captain, and she doesn't get the Barracks as her home, she keeps her original home lot. Being allowed to re-assign the home lot of sims is something that needs adding to this mod.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
#28 Old 1st May 2011 at 6:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
Being allowed to re-assign the home lot of sims is something that needs adding to this mod.

Very, very true that would make things more Dynamic (pardon the pun THM) and would create another level of character development. By the way, I use your mods as well to provide more in-game freedom and to get rid of some of those pesky annoyances, so a big thank you too Shimrod101.
Test Subject
#29 Old 1st May 2011 at 7:13 PM
Default hi
hello i have question is that mod is compatible with a path version of game 1.3.13.
Test Subject
#30 Old 1st May 2011 at 7:23 PM
The mod is up to date for the previous patch 1.2.3.00107 and only partially works with the new 1.3.13.00107 patch. Currently, the only thing you can not do with the mod is adjust the fatal flaw and legendary trait. All other mod interactions work great for character development and I still use it with the new patch until an update comes along. Always save and do a test run so not to ruin a save game with an unwanted change to your Sims. And, do reference the above posts that Shimrod101 and myself posted when adjusting non-hero Sims. I think, I am one of the many people hoping that THM will update the mod.
Test Subject
#31 Old 1st May 2011 at 7:42 PM
i have version 1.3.13.00001 so i must download path to be a 1.3.13.00107 modified to work correctly
Test Subject
#32 Old 1st May 2011 at 7:49 PM
i loved this mod patch 1.2 but I put 1.3 in and i get no debug option at all. I have the debug enabler 1.3 doesnt work either. the edit cas option not there with the edit in cas mod and i have all required ddl and resource all me other mods work and I got the lauran craft clothes on some townies. The sliders work great. Simrod i love you mod are perfect sims 3 and medival couldnt play with out u. So i just became a peterian and only completed to quest first steps and power grab. how do i get the debug option. Is it going to work i really need the dynamic everything working like yesterday. can anyone help. thank you a thousand times.
Test Subject
#33 Old 1st May 2011 at 7:59 PM Last edited by darseven : 1st May 2011 at 8:16 PM.
AlexanderFebo, you may need to do that or you might not need to in order for the mod to work. The patch version I mentioned is the latest version displayed when I play my digitally downloaded version. Still, do make sure your game is up to date and double check your mods for any updates or conflicts with new in-game content described in the latest patch release notes. For example, Shimrod's 360 Lot Camera mod, which was awesome by the way, isn't really necessary with the new camera angles available.
Test Subject
#34 Old 1st May 2011 at 8:12 PM Last edited by darseven : 1st May 2011 at 8:50 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by missshey01
can anyone help. thank you a thousand times.

I'm not having that issue missshey01. All I can suggest is to try deleting the three cache files in the Sims Medieval documents folder and make sure the testing cheats file is in your mods folder or the command file is set to 1. Just in case, there is no need for both the command file change and the testing cheats file. Also, you can reference the sites notes on update recommendations if you think that maybe the issue. Bottom line, always return the game to normal without any added or changed files, backup your files before updating and then put all your goodies back in. Nevertheless, you may not have to reinstall and start anew with your saved games and downloads. If you don't have to do any of that, great. Still, Don't worry, it doesn't take long and gives peace of mind if you have any doubt about in-game functioning.
Test Subject
#35 Old 1st May 2011 at 10:06 PM
thanks i'll keep trying.
Test Subject
#36 Old 4th May 2011 at 7:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ~MadameButterfly~
This seems to work ok for me with the current patch, except I can't use the legendary traits.

Same here. Can't work out the legendary trait.
Test Subject
#37 Old 5th May 2011 at 6:11 PM
i have also problem with legendary trait
Test Subject
#38 Old 6th May 2011 at 2:51 AM
EA Traits option, in shift click menu, is failing in the current patch.
The traits option from this mod is also not working. Traits remain untouched.

Edit in CAS produces incorrect results (long numeric string) if one sets them there and the sim cannot click themselves, others can though.
Test Subject
#39 Old 6th May 2011 at 2:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Michele Magus
Edit in CAS produces incorrect results (long numeric string) if one sets them there and the sim cannot click themselves, others can though.

You can "fix" this by assigning the corrupted sim the peteran or jacoban faith, I've tested it on my servant and for the brief time I made her controllable all worked well, self-click enabled and all.
Test Subject
#40 Old 7th May 2011 at 11:53 AM
Thanks for the tip.
It works 100%
Test Subject
#41 Old 7th May 2011 at 2:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by happyopi
You can "fix" this by assigning the corrupted sim the peteran or jacoban faith, I've tested it on my servant and for the brief time I made her controllable all worked well, self-click enabled and all.

Now that explains why I was able to change one of my heroes traits but the others won't change. Thanks.
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 9th May 2011 at 4:40 AM Last edited by Impatiens : 10th May 2011 at 5:06 AM.
Any word on if an update is coming that works with 1.3? The main reason I want this is for the trait swapping since the in-game cheat for that isn't working after the patch and to swap out a legendary trait (I got guild connections before I realized I could use a cheat to unlock all the clothes anyway). If trait swapping is not working with this mod either though then I guess I won't bother downloading it
Test Subject
#43 Old 11th May 2011 at 11:54 PM
So, this allows edit in CAS?

Sasquatch:"What on Earth are you talking about, human!? We eat berries and mushrooms!"

John Marston:"..........You eat babies!!!!!"
Test Subject
#44 Old 12th May 2011 at 12:25 AM
I love you TZ, I really do.

Thanks to you I can have dynasties. Note: To raise children into controllable adults, do the initial edit to adult in cas, click on main customizer bar, it'll automatically set them to adults (you can switch back by clicking back repeatedly). Then fix the kid's faith when they get out with the mod like everyone else. Now, they're adults... almost. They're deformed when they waddle. Force reset with sim as an object (possibly can skip this step, don't know haven't tried). Then save. Upon reload, you have full grown-children that don't waddle and recognize their siblings as siblings and parents as parents. You may set them as a controllable NPC if you like, using the professions part of this mod, or you can leave them in house as kid. It does not seem to hurt game either way. You can even play with them for quests if you make them controllable.

Suggested use with Shimrod's multiple kids per household mod. It's awesome.

I do wish a family tree cheat was available though, so I could fix the rest of the game. Quick check says EA didn't make the elf princess from Effenmont related to her twin. That implies they could get married to eachother. Ick. Also want a NPC title changer... Weird names like crone.... but anyways...

Thank you.
Mad Poster
#45 Old 12th May 2011 at 6:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Modsaretasty
So, this allows edit in CAS?

Edit in CaS is included in this mod yes. First click Debug, E i CaS is under there together with the other options.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
#46 Old 12th May 2011 at 12:45 PM
cannot use this mod afer updating the game...the option of "debug" cannot be found...

My game version is 1.3.13.00001 and the mod version is 1.3

there is no problem before updating the game...

how can i solve this problem?
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 13th May 2011 at 11:12 PM
Thank you Dysthe, for outlining your process of making adult kids! I had almost figured this out on my own, but not quite. Thanks! Now parents can finally give their kid a hug, and the kids can read, fish, gather...it's so awesome. So I've been using various height and weight sliders to make teen and pre-teen children. Mostly it's working great; the shorter/younger you want them to look, the more difficult it becomes to maintain the proper ratios. Of course, the hands remain large. I searched for a hand slider, to no avail, so that limits the size you can make them. Animations are, of course, a bit wonky sometimes. Overall, this has been a fantastic addition to my game. If only EA hadn't made all this silliness necessary and just provided us with proper, functional children!

paysites suck.
Test Subject
#48 Old 15th May 2011 at 12:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ganel
cannot use this mod afer updating the game...the option of "debug" cannot be found...

My game version is 1.3.13.00001 and the mod version is 1.3

there is no problem before updating the game...

how can i solve this problem?

I'm having this problem, too. I have other mods that are working correctly, so I don't really know what the problem is. I have tried it on sims that have or don't have a religion (OP has something about it not working if the sim doesn't have a faith). I also only tried using this mod after the 1.3 update, so I don't know if it would have worked before that. (Not really willing to unistall/reinstall and only patch to the 1.2.)
Mad Poster
#49 Old 15th May 2011 at 2:49 AM
Make sure you have the d3dx9_31.dll file in the correct place, the Game\Bin folder. If you use only XML type mods they probably don't need that file to work; whereas this mod needs it. If you know it's the correct file in the correct place, doublecheck it anyway.

Test Subject
#50 Old 15th May 2011 at 8:50 PM
Well, that's not the problem, I definitely do have the d3dx9_31.dll in the correct place. I have tried taking it out and placing it back in, then deleting the caches. Nada.

I don't know if this would matter at all, but I am running on XP Pro 64 bit, which I know can be a bit non-compatible with things. But, as I said, I am a veteran at adding mods and custom content, not just with the Sims, other games as well. It's not often I flub up, and I have to say, I have not ever had to reinstall, not even once, after adding or removing a mod. (yeah, I know, tooting my own horn)
Page 2 of 4