Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 4:27 AM Last edited by Simrecruit : 27th Nov 2012 at 11:47 PM.
Default SimRecruits Mods
Here are just a couple of tunning mods I made, nothing special, but it irritated me that I was unable to do certain things. I have popped a small read me with each mod, basically it does what it says on the tin.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  SimRecruit_TSMMoreCaskServings.rar (3.5 KB, 3724 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  SimRecruit_TSMMoreInteractionQueues20.rar (849 Bytes, 4964 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  SimRecruit_TSMNoMoreWhittle.rar (3.2 KB, 2315 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  SimRecruit_TSMCombatAdded.rar (14.9 KB, 2220 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Allow all professions to fight with a sword
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 4:05 PM
Very cool, Simrecruit - thanks for these mods! I do like the No More Whittle - stops everyone from sitting there doing that all the time :D

...Titanium white...
Test Subject
#3 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 4:18 PM
Thanks much for these!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 4:45 PM
No problem at all guys, Im no expert at modding the sims, I have been a modder for TES (the elder scrolls, fallout 3 etc) I was not planning on releasing any mods to share, but I thought if the little things bug me maybe they bug others, so here they are, Im just doing a few others, faster cooking lesser spoil and faster herb collecting, I will pop them up in the next hour or so, Im just off to the park to walk my old dog, have a good day.
And yeh that whittle thing bugged me to heck, glad you found the mod useful too. also on my list is leave the Fing music box alone!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 4:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simrecruit
No problem at all guys, Im no expert at modding the sims, I have been a modder for TES (the elder scrolls, fallout 3 etc) I was not planning on releasing any mods to share, but I thought if the little things bug me maybe they bug others, so here they are, Im just doing a few others, faster cooking lesser spoil and faster herb collecting, I will pop them up in the next hour or so, Im just off to the park to walk my old dog, have a good day.
And yeh that whittle thing bugged me to heck, glad you found the mod useful too. also on my list is leave the Fing music box alone!

Thats nice I also did a lot of work for Fallout 3/NV and the elder scrolls Too bad the Sims is a bit different No G.E.C.K. here...
As for your idea for the music box : Sounds great ! Its so annoying if random sims go into my king´s quarter to play with it
Instructor
#6 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 5:10 PM
Oh, yes, the music box! I like it because it's a pretty object, but it's so annoying!!!

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 5:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by akbaa
Thats nice I also did a lot of work for Fallout 3/NV and the elder scrolls Too bad the Sims is a bit different No G.E.C.K. here...
As for your idea for the music box : Sounds great ! Its so annoying if random sims go into my king´s quarter to play with it

Indeed G.E.C.K and CS was a joy drag and drop, it was all set out for you, but this sims lark is a pain after 5 mins of file searching the words start to dance and I trance out and forget what I was doing, any way these mods are just starters to give people ease until the top modders get onto the little things, I didnt want to ask the big guys to mod my pet hates so I set out and helped myself, anyway here are two more, take note the faster cooking slower spoil will break the store in larder, no mater how many times I went over this or made completly seperate mods (even though the codes was all in on file) the minuite I change the cooking speed it broke the store seed, I know its fixable its a case of testing it with every value changed (one at a time, feel free to do so :D), so if you use the faster cooking mod remove the "StoreSeedsInLarder", sorry about that.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  SimRecruit_TSMFasterHerbCollecting.rar (8.3 KB, 3235 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Herb gathering dont take all day with this mod
File Type: rar  SimRecruit_TSMFasterCooking+3DaySpoil.rar (18.9 KB, 2636 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Cook faster and food spoils in about 3 days rather than 6 hours
Scholar
#8 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 6:24 PM
why store seeds in larder?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 6:50 PM Last edited by Simrecruit : 13th Apr 2011 at 9:02 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by ToRnado
why store seeds in larder?

Because anyone caught carry x amount of raw seeds on their person shall be thrown to the pit beast.
Ok this my last one for now, this should fix the problem, and befor anyone asks why no music box stalkers, my answer is, "it is a stockable offence to enter my personal sleeping chamber and jig to my music box.. I am the QUEEN".. off with your heads!
Well I hope this helps some of you guys along until a more know modder comes along and wraps these all up for you, as I said they where just personal pet hates but I wanted to share because there are not many mods out at the moment, but until there are these may help, I wont be adding anymore nor keeping tabs on this page I had 2 days off work and thought I would give it a go at MTSM, anyway have fun
Attached files:
File Type: rar  SimRecruit_TSMNoAtomMusicBox.rar (3.2 KB, 694 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Sims want to get drunk now instead of playing the music box
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 6:53 PM
How did you change the music box by the way ? Did you give it a private flag ? If so, it might be kind of interesting to expand this on..lets say doors :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 7:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by akbaa
How did you change the music box by the way ? Did you give it a private flag ? If so, it might be kind of interesting to expand this on..lets say doors :D

I have taken a look at the doors there are no flags to enable or add too for locking abilitys, they will need a script I believe, and that is something Im not to good at.
Scholar
#12 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 9:49 PM
no why are seeds used for?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 9:52 PM
no why are seeds used for?

Oh why didnt you say so they are used for poridge dishes, sweet poridge and master poridge, maybe more.
Instructor
#14 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 5:43 AM
Excellent mods, they work fantastic and really improve the gameplay. I especially like the more servings from the Cask. Keep up the good work!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 7:48 AM
Seeds are also used for a couple of the Spy's recipes. They are also listed as a trade item to... Trendony? I think?
Scholar
#16 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 10:41 AM
can you plant them?
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 2:37 PM
can you plant them?

As for now, no you cannot. Maybe if they make an expansion...

And thank you SimRecruit for the mods!!!

I can hurt a demon!! That's right. I'm back. And I'm a BLOODY ANIMAL!

Spike in Doomed
Mad Poster
#18 Old 17th Apr 2011 at 2:57 PM
Thank you SimRecruit, you are a wonderful person.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 18th Apr 2011 at 3:09 AM
You are all very welcome, thank you, for the kind comments
Test Subject
#20 Old 19th Apr 2011 at 4:49 AM
That stupid music box was driving me zonkers! I had my sexy-butch female blacksmith's upstairs boudoir crowded with all of these manly men, snapping and tapping to an old music box. Egads!

Thank you!!
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 1:14 PM
Thank you so much for these.

. . . because sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hang onto.
Test Subject
#22 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 2:09 PM
Odd question. What programme did you use to mod the XML files?
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 9:30 PM
wow ty for all these!
Test Subject
#24 Old 30th Apr 2011 at 8:46 AM
Help?? Something seems wrong with the MTS_ridoo No Mosaic file. It keeps coming up as corrupt. I read the whole thread, so either none of you got this and tried it, or I'm the only one it's corrupt with??
Field Researcher
#25 Old 30th Apr 2011 at 11:59 AM
I've used it with all patch levels without a problem do you mean that you can't download it without it corrupting?

edit:no, it downloaded fine for me.

and btw, this is Simrecruit's thread, not Ridoo's :p

here, try this

it should be about halfway down the first the post.

I'm cooler than cool! I'm stupid!
Page 1 of 3