Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 26th Apr 2011 at 3:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Anubis360
I've been able to convert this hair for TSM:

I did as a replacement before reading this tutorial. It seems pretty easy and I tried to follow the instructions it but I'm unable to find the MedievalProffesion tag in my S3PE and I have installed velocitygrass' wrapper. Any hint? XP

PS: The weirdness on some meshes is caused by the BumpMaps texture. You'll need to change it for a neutral one. (In my hairs, I use a key and the texture is not included in the file, you'll have to extract the meshes+textures and re-do the package with DABOOBS, besides that way you'll be able to reshape the mesh to fit TSM heads)

I've attached a picture of where the Medieval profession tag should show up once you are in the grid for the casp. If your not seeing it maybe you don't have the right version of the wrapper? I know there are two versions so that would be my only explanation as to why you aren't seeing it.

BTW I tried to convert that hair for my personal use and I get weird shadows in the hair when I use a blond shade. I guess that's what you mean by weirdness. Don't know what DABOOBS is so no chance I'll be doing that for just for my personal satisfaction.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Inventor
#52 Old 26th Apr 2011 at 4:49 PM
Thanks Janette! I have downloaded the right version but it's not showing up like in your pictue.
DABOOBS is a tool by Delphy to make custom hairs
Inventor
#53 Old 26th Apr 2011 at 7:07 PM
Anubis, is the CASP file still original The Sims 3? And does the CASP information in the preview pane of S3PE appear or is there an error message? If the CASP is TS3, but displays correctly, then my wrapper wasn't loaded. A reason could be that you only renamed the original wrapper, but left the extension as .dll so that it's still loaded. This happened to me in a test and it was confusing because in 32bit it worked and in 64bit it didn't (or the other way round), though the code was exactly the same. As far as I can tell, all .dlls in the S3PE folder are loaded and if there are several wrappers for the same file type you can't really predict which one will be used.

Long story short: Could it be that the original wrapper is also loaded (because it's left in the folder and still has extension .dll)?
Inventor
#54 Old 26th Apr 2011 at 7:20 PM
I changed the original's wrapper extension and now the CASP information appears with an error message. I guess I'm close now? XP

EDIT: Is the Sims3 CASP file that has an error message.
Inventor
#55 Old 26th Apr 2011 at 7:40 PM
If it's an original Sims3 CASP file and you get an error now, then my guess would be you loaded the Medieval Wrapper and not the S3 CC to Medieval CASPart Wrapper. Is that possible?

Some general notes for people having problems with getting the correct wrapper:

This is the behavior in S3PE that I would expect:

For original S3 CASP files:
  • original S3PE wrapper => displays okay
  • Medieval CASP Wrapper => displays error
  • S3 CC to Medieval Wrapper => displays okay with message "WARNING: This is not a medieval CASP!" before CASP info (This is what you'll want when converting TS3 CC.)

For Medieval CASP files (original or already converted/flags changed):
  • original S3PE wrapper => displays error
  • Medieval CASP Wrapper => displays okay
  • S3 CC to Medieval Wrapper => displays okay

I'll go ahead and make a new post now for my tools. Hopefully with both files attached to the same entry, it will be less confusing which one to use.
Inventor
#56 Old 26th Apr 2011 at 7:44 PM
Now it works! Thanks so much for your work and help! ^-^
Inventor
#57 Old 26th Apr 2011 at 7:54 PM
I'm glad it works
Test Subject
#58 Old 26th Apr 2011 at 11:42 PM
might anyone be able to post it up or mail the file so I can drop it in the folder? Like I said I've never created things for sims programs, I have always just relied on you all and your wonderful work.
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 27th Apr 2011 at 8:15 AM
Glad you got it working, Anubis. I'm hoping that you will convert some of your curly hair styles real soon. BTW I will gladly test things for you if you need a guinea pig
Test Subject
#60 Old 29th Apr 2011 at 1:17 AM
any luck on the posting of that pretty hair? or will it help if i beg? lol
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 29th Apr 2011 at 4:27 AM
I'll beg, send cookies, cake, or whatever would serve as an adequate bribe.
Test Subject
#62 Old 29th Apr 2011 at 5:21 PM
Clothes are also convertible!
Now, I don't wish to get chided for uploading something not concerning this hairy issue; but thought I'd might let this in on someone whom might be able to take it further, as this 'hair converting' was a tip I actually managed to pull - and thus now have a dozen hairstyles in CAS (really, thanks to all of ye!)

Onto the matter - if you've got all the gadgets needed to convert hair as pointed out in the thread - you only need to do the same by:

1. opening the selected .package containing the garb

2. click on 'casp' for - then 'grid'

3. find 'clothingcategory' and set 'proffesion' to true (for safety's, one might deselect npc, as for it not to appear on just anybody), and close the box by clicking commit.

4. save

Also, all professions seem to be set on true at default, so I see no need to check if it is.

However, the big warning sign here is that far from all clothes work, as I've tried a few floor length dresses from All About Style - and only the newest seem to retain functionality.

Another bummer is that TSM doesn't include footwear (thanks, EA...), and ONLY has whole outfits, which really is a bummer if you wish to convert an ankle length or shorter dress, as demonstrated. Many dresses also lose their texture. If you use the newly released female default replacement skin, you're in for a surprise ... Haven't tested on males yet.

Oh, and another thing is that, a lot of dresses get this 'stuck hands' syndrome where their hands cinches in at their waist. AAB's older dresses all seemingly have this issue.

I closing, I'd like to mention how much of a help this thread, and whole TSM discussion in the first place, have, and has been. Thanks You really help even the most demure lurkers come out of the shell, it seems.
Screenshots
Inventor
#63 Old 29th Apr 2011 at 9:17 PM
I have the same strange shading on my hair now. It's weird because I didn't change anything on the meshes/textures from the replacement version I did before (the one I've shown in the pic previously) so I guess there's some wrong or missing info on the files, I guess that simply enabling CAS parts is not enough :/
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 2nd May 2011 at 2:21 AM
Wow, Thank you Soooo Much!!!
I think I might actually be able to do this! :D
Test Subject
#65 Old 3rd May 2011 at 4:55 AM
This seemed so easy when I started. . . Now I have absolutely no idea what I did wrong. D:
I know I didn't install anything wrong because I get that "THIS IS NOT A MEDIEVAL BLAHBLAH" thing.
I followed every step. . . I have the package in the right place. . . I made all the tings True, and now I wanna cry.
Can someone tell me PLEASE what I'm doing wrong? Because I can't tell. D: Sorry for complaining. < w > I know as soon as I find out what's wrong, it's gonna be something simple..
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 3rd May 2011 at 5:53 PM
I fallowed the tutorial exactly, I even used the hair that is used in this tutorial but it won't show up in my game.
What am I doing wrong?
Test Subject
#67 Old 3rd May 2011 at 8:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jbeyst
I fallowed the tutorial exactly, I even used the hair that is used in this tutorial but it won't show up in my game.
What am I doing wrong?

There's probably something we didn't set as true. . . Or some simple thing. :c
Test Subject
#68 Old 4th May 2011 at 8:57 PM
Hi all! This tutorial works for me, i convert many hairs, but most of it the sims have accesory colored eye.
For Globalprincess and Jbeyst: in several case, in the AgeGender category, the human line not set as true, and the hair not in the game. Check that.
(sorry, my english are very basic, i hope you understand. )
Test Subject
#69 Old 4th May 2011 at 10:26 PM
I'm sorry if i'm beating a dead horse about this but was just wondering how the progress was going for this hair style http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=430203 converting it to Sims Medieval version and if anyone has been able to, can I PLEASE get it from you? =)
Theorist
#70 Old 4th May 2011 at 10:45 PM
Quote:
This seemed so easy when I started. . . Now I have absolutely no idea what I did wrong. D:
I know I didn't install anything wrong because I get that "THIS IS NOT A MEDIEVAL BLAHBLAH" thing.
I followed every step. . . I have the package in the right place. . . I made all the tings True, and now I wanna cry.
Can someone tell me PLEASE what I'm doing wrong? Because I can't tell. D: Sorry for complaining. < w > I know as soon as I find out what's wrong, it's gonna be something simple..

Quote:
S3 CC to Medieval Wrapper => displays okay with message "WARNING: This is not a medieval CASP!" before CASP info (This is what you'll want when converting TS3 CC.)

Does this answer your question?

Hi I'm Paul!
Test Subject
#71 Old 6th May 2011 at 1:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Robodl95
Does this answer your question?

No. :c I was saying I know it's working because that thing shows up.
@2Pete- Thank you, I will check and see if that's the problem.
Test Subject
#72 Old 6th May 2011 at 1:47 AM Last edited by mandy_lh : 6th May 2011 at 4:33 PM.
(EDIT) Hey, please, can someone help me? T_T
I did everything right, I copied the files to the right places, I downloaded the right files, I checked if the human line in the AgeGender was True, and my package doesn't show up in the game... I even tried to convert the same hair used in the tutorial...what do I do to fix it? Thank you!
Test Subject
#73 Old 7th May 2011 at 11:41 PM
Mine still isn't working either. ; __ ;
Forum Resident
#74 Old 8th May 2011 at 12:00 AM
Default Can you reverse the process?
I really would like to have TSM hair in TS3. Is that possible? :D

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!
Test Subject
#75 Old 9th May 2011 at 4:36 PM
am i allowed to put a link in for that Nouk's long wavy hair by Anubus? I THINK I got it ....had to do a little fiddling with the accessory color and highlight in CAS in game but it looks good to me....
Page 3 of 8