Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Apr 2011 at 2:28 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Game differences - am I missing something?
I have a copy of TS2-DD, as does my mother. With my copy, it installed 3 versions of the game: "The Sims 2," "The Sims 2 Store Edition," and "The Sims 2 Double Deluxe." I also have three folders under My Documents/EA Games/ to reflect this. When my mother installed her copy, she has one icon that says "The Sims 2 Double Deluxe" and one folder that says "The Sims 2."
I copied the downloads from my game (both systems running Windows Vista Home Edition) onto her computer, but they were freezing her game when the loading screen came to "Crash Proofing Parties." After many failed solutions, I changed the title of the game folder to "The Sims 2 Double Deluxe," just like the one listed in Program Files. After running the game again, it seemed to work, but none of the custom content showed up! I went back to check the Downloads folder and another "The Sims 2" folder had been created.
I copied some of the custom content into a Downloads folder there and it worked, but once I put it all in, it stopped working. My thought was that maybe the mis-identification of the folder wasn't reflecting the additional expansion included with DD. No matter what I do though, I just can't get it to read from the proper folder, like my copy does.

Did Maxis/EA change the disc content at some point in its manufacture or am I just going crazy? Someone please help!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 19th Apr 2011 at 2:34 AM
Double deluxe is where you want to install your CC I think in the My Documents folder.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Apr 2011 at 2:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Weeaboo
Double deluxe is where you want to install your CC I think in the My Documents folder.

If you read the entire thing (I know, it's long), you would've seen that my mom's version had ONE folder - "The Sims 2." There was no "Double Deluxe" and I had to create it. Once I did, the game created ANOTHER "The Sims 2" folder and refuses to run anything from the "Double Deluxe" folder I created.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 19th Apr 2011 at 3:57 AM
OH!

I misread and though that it created both. Blargh.

Did you try and play without that DD folder you created?

Did you delete the first Sims 2 folder?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 19th Apr 2011 at 10:04 AM
It's more likely that some of the CC is conflicting. Is the setup on the other computer, the one that you copied the CC from, exactly the same?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th Apr 2011 at 7:02 PM
Weeaboo - I didn't delete the first folder, just renamed it. I didn't want to delete it because it still has the original save data, I think. If I delete the one created by the game, it just makes another one.

whiterider - Aside from the difference in folders created on install, everything is the same. Both computers are laptops, running Windows Vista Home. My suspicion is that there may be a difference in the discs we bought, but I don't know how.

Is it possible that she could install from my disc (to get the 3 folders like I have), then play from her own?