Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Apr 2011 at 1:32 PM
Default Extract .INI information from a world...?
Hi everyone.

I'm creating a Los Angeles World, and I would like to use some of the settings Coasterboi used when he created Los Aniegos (http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail...assetId=3721704)

How can I do this? I'm particularly interested in the streetlight color and the weather settings. I've tried to set these parameters following a tutorial here on MTS, but the changes to the .ini files do not affect my game, which means I couldn't now what I'm doing.

So my question is: if I have a world installed, can I extract its weather, lights and water parameters and add them to another world?

Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends, somehow they all seem to become one, a sea full of sharks and they all smell blood.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 1st May 2011 at 1:44 AM
It would seem to me, the world creator probably used S3PE to plop those altered ini files into his .world file, so, you should be able to extract them that way?

That's what I would try. Or, you could ask him if you can use them.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st May 2011 at 6:03 PM
The problem is: I don't know which file to export.

Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends, somehow they all seem to become one, a sea full of sharks and they all smell blood.
Test Subject
#4 Old 1st May 2011 at 9:13 PM Last edited by Intell : 1st May 2011 at 11:07 PM.
You need to export the files with _INI tag. Maybe you won't need them all, but there is not a lot of .ini files in a world.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 1st May 2011 at 10:13 PM
I checked it out to see if you can do it, and I found them quite easily. I love it when things happen like that.

You must have the world you want to extract the files from installed in your game.
  • Create a new folder on your desktop for the ini files
  • Open s3pe. Make sure you have the "Display" "Tags" ticked at the bottom of the screen.
  • Open your world found in Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 3/Installed Worlds
  • Sort by Tags, then scroll down tho the ini tags
  • Highlight all the ini files by clicking on the first one, hold Ctrl/Shift, click on the last one.
  • Right click on your highlighted files and click Export, To File. Choose the folder you made on your desktop.

More indepth tuts on using S3PE here;
http://customsims3.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=102

Hope that's easy to follow, here's a pick to help.
Screenshots
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd May 2011 at 12:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by auntielynds
I checked it out to see if you can do it, and I found them quite easily. I love it when things happen like that.

You must have the world you want to extract the files from installed in your game.
  • Create a new folder on your desktop for the ini files
  • Open s3pe. Make sure you have the "Display" "Tags" ticked at the bottom of the screen.
  • Open your world found in Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 3/Installed Worlds
  • Sort by Tags, then scroll down tho the ini tags
  • Highlight all the ini files by clicking on the first one, hold Ctrl/Shift, click on the last one.
  • Right click on your highlighted files and click Export, To File. Choose the folder you made on your desktop.

More indepth tuts on using S3PE here;
http://customsims3.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=102

Hope that's easy to follow, here's a pick to help.

Thank you.
Thank you thank you thank you!
You made my day!