Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 28 (Who?), Viewed: 6637 times.
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd May 2011 at 10:25 AM
Default Vampires In Other Neigborhoods
Are there Vampires in other neighborhoods, other than Bridgeport? I have only just installed the game. I find the lack of available empty plots annoying in Bridgeport. So I want to try another neighborhood. Thanks.

You can upload my creations with your sim or lot or neighbourhood but only to free sites, not the exchange and no paysites. You can credit too if you wish. If a creation I have created has custom content from another artist please ask them for permission first to upload with your neighbourhood.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 2nd May 2011 at 10:40 AM
Only Bridgeport starts with vampires, although vampires can move into other towns via Story Progression.
Scholar
#3 Old 2nd May 2011 at 10:53 AM
If I were you I would artificially create a few vampires without waiting for the game to do it. I would use Master Controller for that.

As for none Bridgeport town, I am not sure if TS3 enforces a required % of population to be vampires. Which also means in Bridgeport, if you kill out all vampires, the game will automatically spawn new vampires.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 2nd May 2011 at 11:08 AM
I believe to remember someone else posting that default Story Progression will create Vampires in all towns up to a percentage of 40.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd May 2011 at 11:13 AM
So if I start a new neighborhood, eventually vampires will show up? I intend to have one of my females breed with a vampire. Thanks everyone for a quick reply

You can upload my creations with your sim or lot or neighbourhood but only to free sites, not the exchange and no paysites. You can credit too if you wish. If a creation I have created has custom content from another artist please ask them for permission first to upload with your neighbourhood.
Scholar
#6 Old 2nd May 2011 at 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scampy1
So if I start a new neighborhood, eventually vampires will show up? I intend to have one of my females breed with a vampire. Thanks everyone for a quick reply

We don't know, it is a speculation. babel said default EA Story Progression will ensure 40% population is vampire, and I said this will only happen in Bridgeport.

So if you are not playing Bridgeport, start looking around. In fact, the fastest way to see if there is any vampire is:

- Put down a club, assign it as Vampire Lounge, but don't put a bouncer there so any sim can come.

- Bring your active sim (anyone will do) to that lounge and hang out for a few days.

- If there is a vampire around, your sim will get this "Hunted" moodlet where your sim is afraid of vampire and either have to befriend them or get away.

If after 4-5 sim days, and nothing shows up, you know you don't have vampire, and it is time to artificially create some. But you either need a mod that opens Hidden Trait (there is a vampire trait), or a mod (like Master Controller) to turn existing sims into vampire (and zombie, as that is another option).

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd May 2011 at 11:27 AM Last edited by scampy1 : 2nd May 2011 at 1:30 PM.
Thanks for replying. I think it's stupid that they didn't put vampires in all the neighborhoods or give you a choice when you load a new neighborhood if you vampires added or not. I will try what you said. Thanks for helping. Now I am off to try!!!

Hopefully celebs are in the neighborhoods

Forum Resident
#8 Old 2nd May 2011 at 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomomi1922
... or a mod (like Master Controller) to turn existing sims into vampire (and zombie, as that is another option).

Zombie? Do you mean mummy or simbot, 'cause if I'm missing out on some zombie action I'd be mighty upset!

Go suck an elf...
Instructor
#9 Old 2nd May 2011 at 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brillo_pad
Zombie? Do you mean mummy or simbot, 'cause if I'm missing out on some zombie action I'd be mighty upset!

There aren't any zombies in TS3, at least not yet. We can only hope for another EP to have it as the new occult.

In MasterController, in the list for "Occult," one of the choices is Frankenstein, but selecting that will make that sim into a sim-bot. So it must be some sort of internal coding name or reference that players weren't intended to see. Why EA chose that, I don't know. Sim-bots aren't exactly what I think of when I think of Frankenstein.
Scholar
#10 Old 2nd May 2011 at 1:52 PM
I meant mummies, sorry. Somehow those 2 words interchange in my head. And yes, I know I left out simbot.

Instructor
#11 Old 2nd May 2011 at 3:16 PM
I'm not sure. My old neighbourhood (Twinbrook) wouldn't spawn any and I recently started a new game in Sunset Valley but couldn't be bothered to wait and see if any would spawn there so I just moved in a couple from Bridgeport.

^_^
Test Subject
#12 Old 2nd May 2011 at 5:04 PM
I have never seem to have a shortage of Vamps when playing Sunset Valley. It never took long for me either. Hank Goddard, Thornton Wolff, and Nancy Landgrabb always turn quickly in my game. Sometimes they are way too many and it irks me...LOL
Scholar
#13 Old 2nd May 2011 at 6:00 PM
I've got vampires in Bridgeport. In my other towns/worlds, there aren't too many. Bridgeport has my only vamp sim and she's got loads of vamp friends. My family in Twinbrooks know about 4 vamps, I have no vamps in Riverview at all and I think I got 8 in Sunset Valley.

I don't have any mods in my game just tons of EA Store and 3rd party CC.
Forum Resident
#14 Old 2nd May 2011 at 7:09 PM
I started playing a new player made world, they also had a download for the save game with some families in some of the houses, none of which as I recall were vampires. Either way I got some vampires in that neighborhood.

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 3rd May 2011 at 8:01 AM
Thanks everyone for replying. I will give a longer go now. Are there celebs in the other neighborhoods?

Mad Poster
#16 Old 3rd May 2011 at 11:20 AM
Celebs are the same deal as vamps IIRC, as in they will move in via Story Progression.

My Sims 3 stories blog - *NEW* Heather Legacy
My Sims 3 CC blog || My MTS page
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 3rd May 2011 at 12:03 PM Last edited by scampy1 : 3rd May 2011 at 1:39 PM.
Thanks!

I was able to spawn celebs. So I am just waiting on the vampires now.

Instructor
#18 Old 3rd May 2011 at 3:25 PM
In my experience, vanilla SP adds vampires to hoods by making sims that already live there into vampires. Personally I don't like this. I would much prefer if a default vampire or vampire family moved into the town after a day or two. I swear the game always seems to pick the most unlikely candidates to turn into vampires. ><
Mad Poster
#19 Old 3rd May 2011 at 3:40 PM
You mean Sims like Beau Andrews, the heavy-weight creature of the night, and Judy Bunch, the mysterious mother of too many (aka the Brood Mother) ?
Forum Resident
#20 Old 3rd May 2011 at 8:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by babele44
You mean Sims like Beau Andrews, the heavy-weight creature of the night, and Judy Bunch, the mysterious mother of too many (aka the Brood Mother) ?

*Merrick...

Sorry

Go suck an elf...
Mad Poster
#21 Old 3rd May 2011 at 10:49 PM
Merrick is lame, Andrews is the epitome of vampire sexiness.
Instructor
#22 Old 3rd May 2011 at 11:26 PM
I play with Story Progression on. I usually have vamps in Sunset Valley, Riverview and Twin Brook before the end of the first day.

I am an Angel who has tamed the Dragon. For I am NOT crunchy, NOR good with ketchup!
Field Researcher
#23 Old 3rd May 2011 at 11:40 PM
I think if you put a vampire's lounge/bar/club in your neighborhood your game will generate vampires and begin to turn a few townies to vamps.
Instructor
#24 Old 4th May 2011 at 4:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aGOLDENbox
I think if you put a vampire's lounge/bar/club in your neighborhood your game will generate vampires and begin to turn a few townies to vamps.

The presence of a vampire lounge isn't required for vampires to spawn in a town.
Test Subject
#25 Old 6th May 2011 at 7:57 PM
Has anyone had vamps spawn in Barnacle Bay? I've been running it for about a week now--off and on--and no vamps as of yesterday.

Glitch?
Page 1 of 2

Section jump