Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th May 2011 at 4:02 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Default NRaas MasterController Phase Eight/ Awesome Mod
I've been looking for a way to edit in CAS using NRass MasterController Phase Eight and awesome mod crashes my game in the loading screen. My TS3 is patched to Version 1.3.24. Help? D;
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 9th May 2011 at 4:27 PM
IIRC, Edit in CAS is one of the "advanced" options under Master Controller. You do need to make sure your game is updated and that you have the latest version of the mod though - if Awesomemod is crashing your game, it's likely because you either have an outdated version, your game is outdated, or both. If you just aren't finding the option on MasterController, please refer to the information available at Twallan's site (where you got it from), as we don't provide support for specific items.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Site Helper
#3 Old 9th May 2011 at 4:45 PM
It's terribly easy to get an outdated Awesome Mod, with his Expiration date and a spotty internet connection... Although its "crash" is a Fatal Error nag screen from Pescado that shuts your game down.

Another core mod would conflict with AM and can cause crashing, too.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
#4 Old 10th May 2011 at 6:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Another core mod would conflict with AM and can cause crashing, too.

But it says on Twallan's website that it doesn't conflict with AwesomeMod, since it's not a 'core' mod....?

Perhaps Twallan can have a look at this error and see if MasterController is causing it.

All Hail Delphy! Especially because he fixed my avatar!

My Youtube page is here
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#5 Old 10th May 2011 at 7:00 AM
Twallan's MasterController isn't a core mod - but if you have -another- core mod (something different, like Extended Game Core or something like that) plus Awesomemod, that can cause issues.

Rather than Twallan having to look at it, it's probably going to be a lot easier for the OP to remove MasterController and Awesomemod, delete cache files, and test that way, make sure their game is updated, and download fresh copies of both mods and then put in one, test, and then the other, rather than having a mod creator poke at it when it's probably resolveable on the user's end.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 10th May 2011 at 7:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aeonPlus
My TS3 is patched to Version 1.3.24. Help? D;

I think the issue is pretty obvious : There is no MasterController version that is compatible with Patch 1.3 (the mod was still called SuperComputer back then).

Any attempt to install that mod would crash the game on start-up.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.