Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th May 2011 at 8:45 AM
Default Happy 7th Birthday MTS!
On this day in 2004, modthesims2.com was registered as a domain, marking today the 7th birthday of the site. Obviously there wasn't an actual website on that day, but one followed very soon after, built on the e107 CMS platform and running on a shared 10$ hosting account.

In the early days most of the discussions where about figuring out the file formats, and seeing just how the game was made up. I quickly found that as the popularity of the site took off, that within a few months with the release of TS2 we had almost 1000 people online at a time. The only problem was that the front page took 10 mins to load (I'm not kidding!). I'm suprised people still kept visiting, but they did. It was at this point that I started to hack around with the underlying PHP code and try to speed things up, but ultimately, in October 2004, I decided to move to the vBulletin system, which has since been heavily modified and rewritten to support the custom features we have here on MTS.

We've seen a lot of changes over the years - the splitting off of the adult content, and of the discussion forums (and subsequent re-integration), and many new features such as a new look download page, re-organised download categories, and a new download browser, not to mention the upload wizard, and, more recently, the introduction of jQuery and a more Web 2.0 feel to the site with the introduction of more AJAX features, jQuery UI and Themeroller.

It's been a long road, and it certainly doesn't feel like 7 years, but I guess time flies - I'm pretty much the only staff member who has been here since the beginning, but I'd like to thank all of the old and current staff members, and creators, and you the members, for helping to make this site one of the best there is!

With the Sims 3 still going strong, who knows what the future will hold, but rest assured this site will be around for a long time to come!

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
21 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 12th May 2011 at 8:49 AM
Great Work Delphy!

Experience a truly beautiful and unigue neighbourhoood http://gatescove.weebly.com
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 12th May 2011 at 9:11 AM
There should probably be cake and ice cream. And strippers.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 12th May 2011 at 9:56 AM
Happy Birthday MTS!

Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
There should probably be cake and ice cream. And strippers.

Helptato
#5 Old 12th May 2011 at 10:10 AM Last edited by Sparklycookie : 12th May 2011 at 12:00 PM.
*hands everyone a slice of non-lying cake*

Happy birthday MTS! Wow, can't believe it's 7 years old!

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Alchemist
#6 Old 12th May 2011 at 10:15 AM
Happy birthday MTS! I hope I'm still here when/if this site has its 10th birthday.
Scholar
#7 Old 12th May 2011 at 10:26 AM
Not absolutely sure, but I probably am the oldest member on MTS....Maybe its a shame to be sooo old and to be addicted to the Sims ...and,of course, to MTS, because both are inseparable. I was one of the early members and have tons of sweet memories from great creations which popped up with the morning coffee.And...from great tutorials.AND: from so many great creators !

Honestly I can say that MTS, to a certain extent, has changed my life... Well, "7" is a magical number, perfect for a very special birthday. Will add some champagne to Hysterical's cake and icecream.

H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y !
Scholar
#8 Old 12th May 2011 at 11:05 AM
I've been here nearly since the beginning (spring of '05), and I can remember when all the new meshes required a "Testers Wanted" in the title, and the main downloads page was just a box with the latest threads, much like the one at the top of the community forums. What a long way we've come since then!

Happy birthday, MTS, and thank you Delphy, for creating and maintaining one of the best sites on the web!

♦ Animal Lover, Eco Friendly, Loner, Perfectionist, Vegetarian ♦

Sensitivity is strength.
Theorist
#9 Old 12th May 2011 at 11:30 AM
It's growing up so fast Thank you for providing such a wonderful site, you guys are all great people :lovestruc

Hi I'm Paul!
Alchemist
#10 Old 12th May 2011 at 12:02 PM
Happy B-day MTS

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#11 Old 12th May 2011 at 12:28 PM
Ooh happy birthday! Thank you for maintaining such an amazing and resourceful site

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Scholar
#12 Old 12th May 2011 at 12:31 PM
Happy Birthday MTS!
Forum Resident
#13 Old 12th May 2011 at 12:32 PM
Amazing, Happy Birthday, with many more to come!

Facebook | Currently On Hiatus | Twitter
Current Works-In-Progress: 0
Future Car | 2012 EA Cars | Car Parts | Jet Plane | Telephone Table | Concept Car
Traditional Bed Set | Living Set | 82 Slate Roofs | 1/2-Tile Kitchen Set | Distant Terrains | Kids Bedroom
Test Subject
#14 Old 12th May 2011 at 12:42 PM
Happy Birthday and thank you for making the Sims world a better place.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 12th May 2011 at 1:43 PM
Happy Birthday MTS!
On a side note, apparently it was 4 years ago today that I joined this site as well. Freaky coincidence...

Excuse me, but I just have to explode.
Scholar
#16 Old 12th May 2011 at 2:12 PM
Happy birthday MTS! Hip hip, hazzah!

"Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure"

Yet another Tumblr
Livejournal
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#17 Old 12th May 2011 at 2:37 PM
Happy Birthday MTS

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#18 Old 12th May 2011 at 2:54 PM
Happy Birthday MTS, once more
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 12th May 2011 at 3:26 PM
Happy Birthday, MTS ! Joyeux anniversaire !

Thankyou for this wonderful site, for this wonderful work. Big thanks to all the creators, too. You give us happiness everyday.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#20 Old 12th May 2011 at 3:48 PM
Happy Birthday! Don't know what I would do without the site because, as Mehrlicht said, in my mind the Sims and MTS have become inseparable. Love it, y'all do a great job!

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Scholar
#21 Old 12th May 2011 at 4:06 PM
Happy Birthday and thank you for creating this amazing website-community! I don't even know what I would do without MTS after I bought The Sims 2, being a clueless newbie in the Sims world
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#22 Old 12th May 2011 at 4:12 PM
Many Happy Returns of the site :D

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Instructor
#23 Old 12th May 2011 at 4:59 PM
Happy Birthday MTS !!

Addicted to Capuccino!
retired moderator
#24 Old 12th May 2011 at 5:41 PM
Happy Birthday MTS!!

Mad Poster
#25 Old 12th May 2011 at 6:10 PM
Happy Birthday, MTS 2 & 3, and many, many more to come!
Page 1 of 4